> >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-10, 12:48 PM   #1
Expert

Default Aussie man lives, sleeps W.Cup in giant ball

Aussie man lives, sleeps W.Cup in giant ball
Wed Jun 23, 5:13 am ET

MELBOURNE (AFP) An Australian man is being paid thousands of dollars to watch the World Cup inside a giant football equipped with a well-stocked fridge, a games console and a bunk bed.

Adam Santarossa, 23, says his friends are jealous after he was selected by Adidas to spend the month-long tournament watching football, tweeting and writing blogs inside the six-metre (yard) diameter Jabulani ball.

"Other people have work commitments and family commitments. My only problem is getting my blog done on time," he told AFP. "It's an easy life I'm living. I'm sure people will be quite jealous."

Santarossa has a cleaner, free laundry, a PlayStation 3 and a laptop, and will get 3,000 dollars (2,600 US) for his trouble, along with the contents of the ball and three bags full of sports gear.

He is allowed to have friends round to the ball, on Melbourne's dockside, for Australia's games and even had a visit from a minor celebrity, singer Dannii Minogue's partner Kris Smith.

"I had a bit of trouble at the start -- it's a bit difficult having people peer in through the windows 24-seven," he said.

"But it's a pretty easy life. I'm going to be seeing if they can extend my lease."
Old 06-23-10, 04:09 PM   #2
Elite

Location: mainly in my head, the rest of the time in Melbourne
Default Re: Aussie man lives, sleeps W.Cup in giant ball

Quote:
He is allowed to have friends round to the ball, on Melbourne's dockside, for Australia's games and even had a visit from a minor celebrity, singer Dannii Minogue's partner Kris Smith.
Danii is a celebrity?
I though she was just her sisters shadow
And her partner visited the guy?
WOW!
That's like someone getting a visit from the cousin of someone who knew someone who cut the hair of someone who once saw someone famous in a crowd (or at least someone who looked like someone famous....a little bit)
WOW!
that's almost like being famous yourself (only without the money, the prestige.....oh and the fame)
WOW!

How does the guy in the ball take a cr@p?:
or a shower?
and what if he wants to have a....
?
bane666 is online now   Reply With Quote