> >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-12, 04:43 PM   #1
Elite

Default Euro 2012 - Stadiums Of Hate

With just days to go before the kick-off of the Euro 2012 championships, Panorama reveals shocking new evidence of racist violence and anti-semitism at the heart of Polish and Ukrainian football and asks whether tournament organiser UEFA should have chosen both nations to host the prestigious event.

Reporter Chris Rogers witnesses a group of Asian fans being attacked on the terraces of a Ukrainian premier league match and hears anti-Semitic chanting at games in Poland. And with exclusive access to a far right group in Ukraine which recruits and trains football hooligans to attack foreigners, Panorama asks: how safe will travelling football teams and their supporters be at this summer's European festival of football?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z93iQgI3_Iw
Makes me cringe.. but I do hope that there is some sort of racist show by the hooligans.. which affect the matches.. would at-least put the issues in spotlight.. and maybe the authorities address them..
This is not the first time I have heard about the extreme right wings as football hooligans..It has been a regular feature I guess.

On another note is anybody going to any of the games??

Old 05-30-12, 06:45 PM   #2
Elite

Damn... that was a depressing video.
cazmajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-12, 07:40 PM   #3
Autobot Supreme Commander

Quite ironic with Poland... you would think that country above all others will know what it is like to be victimised on something they can't control.
Omega_Prime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-12, 10:46 PM   #4
Elite

i enjoy and love football but these shouldn't be allow by the fifa to celebrate an even these important on these two nations
tehhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-12, 01:25 AM   #5
Master
Quote: Originally Posted by Omega_Prime View Post
Quite ironic with Poland... you would think that country above all others will know what it is like to be victimised on something they can't control.
That's not ironic, it's more like inevitable. Any country or large group of people that has been repeatedly victimized doesn't just move on when the victimization stops. Instead, now that they have freedom of action, they need to rid themselves of their built up hatred by getting revenge on those who victimized them. And if they aren't available, they unfortunately turn that hatred on each other...

:(
Adanaliyik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-12, 01:56 AM   #6
Newcomer
Well this was well known before. You should watch Football Hooligans International, it was on Discovery.

@2:30 - perfect geography (Austria, Czech)
Did you read the comments? Did you check the like-dislike ratio? I'd rather not quote anything from there.
xx55tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-12, 04:26 AM   #7
Elite

Quote: Originally Posted by Omega_Prime View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Adanaliyik View Post
That's not ironic, it's more like inevitable. Any country or large group of people that has been repeatedly victimized doesn't just move on when the victimization stops. Instead, now that they have freedom of action, they need to rid themselves of their built up hatred by getting revenge on those who victimized them. And if they aren't available, they unfortunately turn that hatred on each other...

As far as I know from my reading about WW2.. The general Polish population took active part in persecution of jews, giving jewish families out, looting them and also a lot of polish gypsies were caught too..
So I think antisemitism and neo-nazi beliefs have been an integral part of the Polish society..

N_Dog (if you see this post :P) Have you personally seen anything like this??

There is a more in-depth documentary by BBC only.. In Ross Kemps on Gangs, Ross Kemp actually meets the people in these gangs.. loved the whole series of documentaries..

rockyrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-12, 05:12 AM   #8
Expert
Downloaded this via BBC's iPlayer this morning, though yet to watch it.

Violence and racism in football?
It's hard to imagine (not).
Valid_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-12, 06:49 AM   #9
\_(ツ)_/

It's ironic isn't it? In eastern Europe, alot of countries (Poland, Ukraine, Russia etc), a huge number of that population are supporting Hitler, a man & regime of which they previously were regarded by as "untermenschen".
L1b3rta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-12, 07:13 AM   #10
Master
Quote: Originally Posted by L1b3rta View Post
It's ironic isn't it? In eastern Europe, alot of countries (Poland, Ukraine, Russia etc), a huge number of that population are supporting Hitler, a man & regime of which they previously were regarded by as "untermenschen".
Sadly, even that reaction was understandable. When faced with the Blitzkrieg machine, rather than fight back, a lot of countries just surrendered. And, once the persecution started, it was persecute or be persecuted as a sympathizer. Hell, families were turning in their own brothers, sisters, mothers and fathers, under Hitler. If they were doing that to their own families, what would they do to people they didn't know.

Do I approve of what they did, hell no. But I do understand what the fear of being singled out, as the one person who refused to hit the Jew, would do to some people. Since I didn't live in those times, I can't say 100%. But I'd like to believe I'd have been shot as a member of the underground, rather than survive as one of the sheep...

:)
Old 05-31-12, 07:25 AM   #11
\_(ツ)_/

Quote: Originally Posted by Adanaliyik View Post
Sadly, even that reaction was understandable. When faced with the Blitzkrieg machine, rather than fight back, a lot of countries just surrendered. And, once the persecution started, it was persecute or be persecuted as a sympathizer. Hell, families were turning in their own brothers, sisters, mothers and fathers, under Hitler. If they were doing that to their own families, what would they do to people they didn't know.

Do I approve of what they did, hell no. But I do understand what the fear of being singled out, as the one person who refused to hit the Jew, would do to some people. Since I didn't live in those times, I can't say 100%. But I'd like to believe I'd have been shot as a member of the underground, rather than survive as one of the sheep...

:)
I was talking about the present. That large groups in eastern Europe are praising Hitler in modern times while their grandparents were supressed, killed and tortured by the man in the past.
L1b3rta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-12, 09:53 AM   #12
Master
Quote: Originally Posted by L1b3rta View Post
I was talking about the present. That large groups in eastern Europe are praising Hitler in modern times while their grandparents were supressed, killed and tortured by the man in the past.
I was answering Rocky's writing but quoted you, because yours looked like a shorter version of what he was saying. I wouldn't have known the difference until you pointed out that you were talking about present day.

But, like skinheads everywhere, I'm sure it's the younger people who are praising Hitler, not the one's who actually lived through WW II. There may be a few throwbacks, but very few people who were in that hell would ever think Hitler was a good thing.

Obviously, the skinheads have one thing in common with Hitler's regime, and that's the "lets blame someone else for our problems" mentality. That's why Germany was poor, because the Jews had all the money. And that's why Poland is still poor, because they didn't take care of all the Jews. Of course if the Jews were all dead, they'd pick some other group to blame their problems on, but the mentality would be the same.

Sometimes I wish there were Fanatic Ovens somewhere, but then I realize that thoughts like that make me no better than them. The world is going to hell in a hand basket. The only sane people left are all here on TP, although I do wonder about the rest of you sometimes...

Old 06-01-12, 12:01 AM   #13
Too sexy for this board

That was one of the biggest replies Ive ever seen from you N-dog!

Perhaps you should have an extra long nap later, just to be on the safe side lol

Last edited by SteveJones7; 06-01-12 at 12:03 AM.
SteveJones7 is offline   Reply With Quote