> >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-12, 08:07 AM   #1
Expert

Default Making a Killing: The Untold Story of Psychotropic Drugging

Making a Killing: The Untold Story of Psychotropic Drugging - Full Movie (Documentary)

Quote:
This video provides the facts about psychotropic drugs and the huge profits they create for the pharmaceutical industry. These drugs are not safe and have not been on the market long enough to provide sufficient long term studies regarding their effects. These drugs do cause addiction, however most "doctors" would call this dependence because you do not have to take an increasing dose over time. They are completely fine with you being addicted to the same amount of any given drug on a daily basis. Over half of the people that commit suicide in the United States are prescribed to psychotropic drugs. (Ex: Paxil (Paroxetine), Zoloft (Sertraline), Prozac, Wellbutrin (Bupropion), Effexor, Seroquil, Ultram (Tramadol), etc.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDlH9sV0lHU&feature=player_embedded
Old 07-04-12, 02:28 PM   #2
Sleeps with Kuune

Uhhhhh.....

I take the last 4 on the list, twice daily. (plus others)(no sh!t, really)

Oh crap, I gotta go arrange for my funeral...., Right Now!....(see getting motivated while taking psychotropic medications.)

Last edited by MacFalic; 07-04-12 at 02:33 PM.
MacFalic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-12, 03:21 PM   #3
Expert
Explains a lot.
Valid_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-12, 03:25 PM   #4
Guru

Unluckily there are people who suffer from mental illness and these people must take some drugs, otherwise their illness could not be properly taken care of. Even the lightest sedative gives addiction, every physician knows that. But some people could not live and work without it. Of course every drug must be taken ONLY if actually necessary and for the shortest possible period of time, until the patient can do without drugs, in other words.

Mental illnesses like chronic schizophrenia or personality disorders, but also bipolar depression, request a daily therapy for many years, probably for a lifetime. But in these cases the patient conditions would be much worse without drugs, so there is a balance between advantages/disadvantages.

Since we do not live in a world where mental illness does not exist, psycho drugs are necessary. The main issue is that they must be prescribed only when there is a clear diagnosis, otherwise the risk is to treat - for example - Asperger's Syndrome as if it was schizophrenia, a rather common mistake few years ago, and this treatment worsened the patient condition for a series of reasons. But I think also that a clever psychiatrist can do a differential diagnosis, or at least I hope so.

So, yes, drugs create addiction but in most cases are necessary. And anyway it's an addiction easily enough to cure if the patient doesn't need anymore these drugs, it is not like an heroin or cocaine addiction.
Shawn_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-12, 03:28 PM   #5
Elder

Old news this. The pharma-corps have been at this type of stuff for an age.

Cheers,

Jiff
JiffOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-12, 05:19 PM   #6
Sleeps with Kuune

Quote: Originally Posted by Valid_Username View Post
Explains a lot.
Yes, it does, doesn't it. Never hid it from anyone and expressed in many, threads.

Quote:
Mental illnesses like chronic schizophrenia or personality disorders, but also bipolar depression, request a daily therapy for many years, probably for a lifetime. But in these cases the patient conditions would be much worse without drugs, so there is a balance between advantages/disadvantages.
Thank you Shawn_7, well put. Saved me from being an inmate where I used to work.
MacFalic is offline   Reply With Quote