> >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-12, 07:40 AM   #1
Decrepit

Default NASA: World is not ending!

Quote:
NASA Science prepares for the not-end of the world

Are you preparing for a certain fictional apocalypse this month?
The idea that the world is ending on December 21, 2012, comes from a misinterpretation of the Mayan calendar. Because their calendar ends on the 21st, some believe the world must be ending, as well.
This idea has become so widespread in popular culture that NASA Science has made repeated efforts to debunk it. They've now even gone so far as to produce a video for the 22nd of December, explaining (again) why the world didn't end:

VIDEO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QY_Gc1bF8ds
The video should ease any fears you might have that all of humanity is headed for its demise this month.........

"Remember, we know better than NASA"

http://lightyears.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/12/nasa-science-prepares-for-the-not-end-of-the-world/?hpt=hp_t3
Old 12-13-12, 08:52 AM   #2
Elite

Even with NASA, people will still believe it.
ItalicPixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-12, 08:58 AM   #3
Hunter's Moon

Its sad that we will probably hear about suicides that day.
Silvergrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-12, 11:06 AM   #4
Guru

Polar shift -- which is what a lot of doomsday people are saying--- is a FACT. It simply happens over a million years so there is no need in going out and buying a new compass or having your GPS updated! All I know is, if the world ends on 12/21/2012, I will be in Florida playing golf at the World Golf Village staying at the Merriott Resort!
tomandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-12, 11:58 AM   #5
Decrepit

Quote: Originally Posted by tomandsusan View Post
Polar shift -- which is what a lot of doomsday people are saying--- is a FACT. It simply happens over a million years so there is no need in going out and buying a new compass or having your GPS updated! All I know is, if the world ends on 12/21/2012, I will be in Florida playing golf at the World Golf Village staying at the Merriott Resort!
Think of all the time and money you'll save by not Christmas shopping.
plasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-12, 08:17 PM   #6
Novice
The world is ending. It's just taking a god damned long time.
DestinyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-12, 10:39 PM   #7
Apprentice
C'mon Nasa, how could you possibly argue with a society that made human sacrifices? They HAVE to be smarter than you guys, I mean, sure, they didn't launch a guy to the moon, they did not send any satellites to send images of distant planets, and they probably thought the moon was a menacing god, but hey, they made sweet lookin' pyramids.
wormri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-12, 04:34 AM   #8
Guru

Well Wormi, I have to agree the Mayans were very intelligent when it came to astronomy---I'm not so sure how smart the guys doing the decoding of the Mayan Codex! The Mayans discovered things about the universe a thousand years before we did---and all they had were their eyes and a few crude instruments made of sticks and rock! What would they have discovered if they had owned the Hubble?
tomandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-12, 03:43 PM   #9
Designer by Heart

dont listen to the shananigans the NASA people are telling you! ill sell guys 1 ticket that can gauruntee you a trip to mars! its only 10,000 dollars each! roll up now :D
any scams like this going on?

haha i bet were all going to laugh about this on the 22nd, well maybe not laughing but talking about it :D
joka232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-12, 05:30 PM   #10
Autobot Supreme Commander

I bet kids are going to be extremely annoyed if it does end just before Christmas
Omega_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote