> >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-11, 12:30 AM   #1
Novice
Default Rapidshare

OMG, is it just me or just Rapidshare truly suck now?

I hadn't use it in ages, but just recently got some links that use it and maaaan, 3 downloads and it tells me I've downloaded too much and can't download anymore for a while and to try again later.
Old 05-03-11, 12:35 PM   #2
Expert
I don't have any problem with it. May not be my favourite host but its so much than all this fileserve and filesonic that people are using now.
Koeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-11, 05:13 PM   #3
Novice
Yeah, I can't say I like filesonic much, what with the 400MB limit on free downloads, but so many people use fileserve. I'm not sure why.

Maybe I'm missing something but megaupload, other than the one download at a time thing, there free service is good, and mediafire, I can download several files at a time so I prefer to use MF links if I can find them. I don't know why it's not more popular... maybe uploading to them is hard or something. I dunno...
sinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 11:27 AM   #4
Expert

Have you read the latest terms?
OldHippieRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 01:17 PM   #5
Newcomer
I was always a rapidshare premium account holder up until about 3 months ago when my work moved over to Hotfile (which also sucks). On a personal downloading level, I have a filesonic account now due to the length of time links stay undeleted. Hotfile links can be gone in a few hours.
Squeakyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 01:54 PM   #6
Newcomer
I used to have rapidshare up until they introduced the first Rapids system which really sucked. I got rid of it and went to Hotfile. Hotfile started to ban everyone so I got Fileserve and Filesonic now. Both great hosts IMHO and lot's of uploaders on there.
I wouldn't go back to RS anytime soon with the current system.
My 2 cents.
bobhatesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 05:28 PM   #7
Novice
Quote: Originally Posted by OldHippieRick View Post
Have you read the latest terms?
Read the link...

I have a MU account myself and free users can download as much as they want. But when I try to download as a free user from RS it makes me wait ages between each download. That's why I went with MU, I want my files to always be available to other people, I don't want them to have to wait all the time.

But, all that is moot really cos fileserve seems to be the one 90% of people use nowdays haha.

Oh well, maybe when my MU account is finished I'll go with FS.
Old 05-06-11, 12:39 PM   #8
Novice
i m fine with the 1 hour waiting time compare with 3 hours way back in 2006 old rapidshare days damm
szewei85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-11, 12:52 PM   #9
Newcomer
Rapidshare for me has much faster downloads but their system truly sucks. That point system they have is crap and I told them that. However they now have unlimited again for 4.99 euro per month (thats about $87-$88 USD for the whole year), just got the email a few days ago. Kinda expensive for me still. I have HF which initially was good but they are no longer the site ppl upload to. I guess they killed links off way to fast so once my HF account expires I say adios to HF. FSr is crap. They have really slow speeds for me but the links are not killed nearly as fast with HF. I wouldn't mind getting a RS account if I could split that bill with my friends nearby but I don't have that luxury so I will stick with the crappy FSr for now until something better comes out.

Stryker
Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-11, 02:05 PM   #10
Elite
Quote: Originally Posted by szewei85 View Post
i m fine with the 1 hour waiting time compare with 3 hours way back in 2006 old rapidshare days damm

So, why don't you force a reconnect with you router? This will give you a new IP if you are not on a static IP plan with your ISP.

If you use jDownloader, there is a built-in reconnect feature which you can custiomize, depending on your router brand and model.

Waiting until the "official" waiting time is over, is something only for real newbies to the DDL scene (or for those with static IP's).
Attraktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-11, 07:20 PM   #11
Novice
I've tried jdownloader before but not had much luck with it. I guess since then it has been improved so I spose I should give it another go if I can. I don't have home Internet so I'm limited to what I can do by whatever the "rules" are at the places I go to to use the Internet.

By the way... using an iPhone 3G to post is frustrating lol. If autocorrect doesn't completely stuff me up, then the freezing and minute long load times do *sigh*
Old 05-11-11, 03:42 PM   #12
Elite
Quote: Originally Posted by sinsane View Post
I've tried jdownloader before but not had much luck with it. I guess since then it has been improved so I spose I should give it another go if I can. I don't have home Internet so I'm limited to what I can do by whatever the "rules" are at the places I go to to use the Internet.

By the way... using an iPhone 3G to post is frustrating lol. If autocorrect doesn't completely stuff me up, then the freezing and minute long load times do *sigh*

Ah, ok. If that is true, you won't be able to force a reconnect unless you get access to the router.

Two things you can do to work around the waiting time restrictions:
  • You can mix the links (if interchangeable links are provided) from several file sharing hosts (part1 from Netload, part2 from rapidshare, part3 from FileServe, etc.).

• Gain Internet access from different connections/locations and download 1 part from each. This does involve a lot of traveling though. LOL.
Attraktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-11, 05:05 PM   #13
Novice
Quote: Originally Posted by Attraktor View Post
Ah, ok. If that is true, you won't be able to force a reconnect unless you get access to the router.

Two things you can do to work around the waiting time restrictions:
  • You can mix the links (if interchangeable links are provided) from several file sharing hosts (part1 from Netload, part2 from rapidshare, part3 from FileServe, etc.).

• Gain Internet access from different connections/locations and download 1 part from each. This does involve a lot of traveling though. LOL.
Yeah, normally I will try to find interchangeable multi links, or since most of what I download is movies, I try to find single link ones.

As to rapidshare, it doesn't work on my Firefox at all. Internet Explorer opens it up (SLOWLY) but firefox gets nowhere with it. I've tried duckload as well, but I've NEVER had a download from them finish, IF it starts it goes dialup slow and eventually drops out. Filesonic (and another few I can't remember the names of) have annoying download size limits, FSc is 400MB from memory.

Fileserve seems to be the one everyone uses, megaupload is the one I have an account with, and mediafire is the only one I've found that lets you download more than one file at a time. Pity it's not that popular. Oh well.
Old 05-12-11, 12:30 PM   #14
Expert
In all fairness I avoid both of those browsers, neither works properly for me anymore and even when they worked they were painfully slow. Use Chrome or one of the mods of it like SRWare Iron, fast, easy to use and best of all it doesn't take up half the bloody screen with taskbars and the like.
Koeshi is offline   Reply With Quote