> >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-10, 10:01 AM   #1
Newcomer
Default Super Mario Pumpkin stencils pattern

I am looking to carve some Super Mario character pumpkins this year. Anybody know where I can download any Bowser, goomba, or any other character patterns/stencils? Would appreciate if anyone could upload or advise where I can find a template for any of these characters.
Old 10-24-10, 02:56 AM   #2
Not Banned

Just type "mario stencil" in Google images, save them on your computer, resize them if you have to then print them out. I make my own stencils for airbrushing & custom paintwork. It's really easy. Just go you youtube and type "how to make a stencil", you'll find tutorials for beginners to advanced. It'll be easier than me trying to explain how to do it

Make your own, you can turn any picture of anything into a stencil. Then you can do basic stuff like this...

Or ones like this....

These are two i carved for my niece last year. The picture quality is crap, it was taken on my mobile phone..

E.T Pumpkin

Freddy Pumpkin (unfinished) (the digital clock in the background is my microwave!!).

I'll make some really mind blowing advanced ones this year if i get time, and post them on here.

Last edited by carlmc1; 10-24-10 at 04:46 AM. Reason: edit pic
carlmc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-10, 12:44 PM   #3
Newcomer
Thanks for the idea. I might give that a shot. Those are some very cool pumpkins you carved out.

I just hope when i carve mine out, i do not leave any floating parts. Looking over some quick videos, it seems that may be the difference between creating an airbrushing stencil versus carving one out on a pumpkin.
iwannasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-10, 02:01 PM   #4
Elder

Good job Carl!
shonymat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-10, 05:23 PM   #5
Not Banned

If you can, con somebody else in to gutting them for you!! It's the hardest part. Don't leave the walls too thick or it will be impossible to cut through it and not too thin or they'll collapse. I think you can buy a proper carving knife to do them but i couldn't be doing with it so i used a Stanley knife.

(Don't know if that translates so here is a Stanley knife)..

Thanks shonymat

Last edited by carlmc1; 10-24-10 at 05:29 PM. Reason: forgot to say thanks to shonymat!!
carlmc1 is offline   Reply With Quote