> >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-09, 10:38 PM   #1
Newcomer
Default Too tired to stay awake; too awake to sleep.

The way I see it, many people who stay up surfing the web (as often as I do), fall into this zombie like state where even though we are often too tired to stay awake, we often also fall into category where we are too awake to sleep. The information age has totally left my mind in a total green light mode. These days, even when I lay down to sleep, my mind doesn't want to shut off. Maybe I'm just venting, or maybe I'm really interested in seeing just how many others out there suffer from the same symptoms as I do...

If so, kindly share your story and your solutions.
Old 07-24-09, 04:50 AM   #2
Guru

Default Re: Too tired to stay awake; too awake to sleep.

Dude, the "zombie" state I can relate to! I used to be a toker--

The BEST way to get "revitalize" your body and get back in the groove is to exercise! If you don't do anything but walk a couple of miles a day, it will do wonders for your mind and body!
tomandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-09, 11:05 AM   #3
Apprentice

Quote: Originally Posted by tomandsusan View Post
Dude, the "zombie" state I can relate to! I used to be a toker--

The BEST way to get "revitalize" your body and get back in the groove is to exercise! If you don't do anything but walk a couple of miles a day, it will do wonders for your mind and body!
Very true. Do some form of exercise. It helps me!
Schrute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-09, 11:07 AM   #4
Elder

I can totally relate to the zombified state. usually go through phases though, and I think my body clock gets messed up if I go a week or two spending most of the early hours wired in, instead of getting a healthy does of rem sleep. Exercise and getting out in the sun (for the lucky) & fresh air definitely helps as well.
FirtY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-09, 11:56 AM   #5
Apprentice

I never really had that problem while just surfing the web, but back when I used to play video games; Thats a different story. I would literally stay up a couple of days at a time playing them. I remember that I would play all day, and all night, it would be about noon the next day and I could be about ready to pass out, but would keep playing. Even if I did get up and go try to sleep, I wouldn't be able to get to sleep. I would end up getting back up and playing more, even if it was mindlessly holding down the X button, gaining levels on final fantasy 9. Back then I guess I felt I was accomplishing something~
Obsidian86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-09, 12:58 PM   #6
Expert

Haha, I remember last November when the current WoW expansion was released.... I was on that day from like 4 in the afternoon, then had a 25-man raid (session) and at around 11pm someone was like "the new content is live!" ... so we cleared up what we were doing and headed out to the new stuff. I played all through the night, the morning and went to bed at midday the next day.

It killed me, but it was a great feeling afterwards. Would I do it again? HELL YEAH!! [img]http://i25.*************2enq0qr.gif[/img]

@OP: I know the state you mean... like especially if it's a time where you need to be up - sometimes breaking through the state of wanting to go to sleep is the hardest part, then after that it's easy going. It's nice to think about things or try to solve problems before going to sleep sometimes.... you might wake up with the answer too!
nethaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-09, 04:35 PM   #7
Untouchable

I personally think computers have single handedly increased levels of depression in people from all walks of life, and it has to do with staying online/gaming all day and night, instead of getting out into the sunshine and fresh air, and getting some exercise.
I know many people who mention they are on medication for depression, and their lives revolve around sitting on computers, all hours of the day.
I spend a lot of time on my computer, but lucky for me, I smoke (tobacco) and don't smoke in my house, so I get up and walk around outside while I'm having my cigarette, and get some fresh air, some stale air, and some sunshine, as well as actually getting off my ass for a while.
Smoking is a big benefit to my health, without it, I'd probably be immobile all day, on my PC, and depressed.
For all the males, anti depressants have an active ingredient called bromide, which used to be issued to all the soldiers during war time (in the food) to keep them from getting too frisky.
I went to the doctor once with severe depression (I had good cause), got the tablets, eventually got better (after I got rid of the medication), and when talking to the doctor about the depression, I explained to him that I was depressed because I couldn't get lucky, and now that I was no longer depressed, and could get lucky, I couldn't do anything because of the ingredient in the depression tablets, then told him that caused me to be more depressed, and I needed something stronger, like cocaine.
My poor doctor never knows whether I'm being serious or joking, and wasn't sure how to take the response, but he never discussed my depression again.

I walked out of his office with a straight face, but absolutely cracked up when I got to my car.
Gandolph13 is offline   Reply With Quote