The U.S. Government says it’s in no way responsible for the millions of Megaupload users who have lost access to their files due to the criminal proceedings against the file-sharing site. Responding to a motion from one of the site’s users, the Government explains that no “irreparable harm” has been done. Instead of targeting the Government, disadvantaged users should sue Megaupload or its hosting company Carpathia for damages.
Short summary of historical events:
- First the government wrecks a company that is "under the suspicion of several crimes" before any trial has taken place.
- Legit users want their files back.
- MegaUpload and Carpathia have tried to bring forth a solution to facilitate file retrieval for uses.
- The MPAA and US gov wipe any solution off the table proposed by MU & Carpathia.
- The US gov and the MPAA deny any responsiblity why legit users can't get their files back.
- And to put a nail in the coffin, the US gov now tells MU users to sue MU and Carpathia if you can't get your legitimate files back.
As greasy as ever.
Read the details here:
Code: Select All