> >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-17-09, 01:36 PM   #1
Therianthrope

Default Woman who had face eaten off by chimpanzee reveals face after surgery

This is a gut wrenching story in more ways than one. They just showed the US interview on morning TV. This is one strong woman - I've had eaten a bullet when I first looked into a mirror after this:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/entertainment/woman-attacked-by-chimp-reveals-face-on-oprah-20091112-iazl.html
Hope she gets the face transplant (it also ripped her hands off - she needs those too)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,497264,00.html
She's suing the owner for $50M. I reckon she's earned it.

Years ago I had a Uni trip to a zoo. A keeper told me an adult chimp has the strength of 6 men. I've also seen footage of chimps ripping other chimps limb from limb.
Old 11-17-09, 01:43 PM   #2
Expert

Default Re: Woman who had face eaten off by chimpanzee reveals face after surgery

damn....how can you not get angry over that???
I feel for her though. She sure would deserve the $50M
Buddha89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 01:55 PM   #3
Elite

Default Re: Woman who had face eaten off by chimpanzee reveals face after surgery

I feel sorry for her mos def but shock factor for pic, 3/10. This is the internet.
spart_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 01:59 PM   #4
Newcomer

lol wow poor girl
Tenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 02:27 PM   #5
Leech

Never knew that chimp is "THAT" aggressive...
Poor girl
vosszaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 05:27 PM   #6
Apprentice

Everytime I saw that on youtube I feel so bad for the lady... Sucks so much to get attacked and get her face messed up like that...
theshdw8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 07:16 PM   #7
Expert

The picture is disturbing but the tape of the call is much worse. I feel so sorry for the victim after hearing this 911 call

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgS0KgT5APc
Here is the recording.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMT-5ygCxaM
And here is the video of her showing her face on Oprah.
AREEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 08:58 PM   #8
Apprentice

What a brave woman she is. Such a positive attitude, too!

I hope she wins the lawsuit and receives the necessary surgeries. The French woman who had her face bitten off by a dog is doing very well after her facial transplant back in 2005, so that provides some hope for Ms. Nash.
CrappyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 09:16 PM   #9
Newcomer

She really needs it, and for her to be still going around is nothing short of a miracle, seriously, she better win this trial and get the money necessary to reconstruct her face.
STM92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 10:47 PM   #10
Therianthrope

I also heard the 911. I know some of the operators can get jaded from the pranksters - but JESUS CHRIST, at least give it 10 seconds before you get the "oh yeah, right, Aliens are probing yr anus" tone in yr voice.

I couldn't have mentally survived the rehab if I was her. I'm self-conscious enough about my appearance (goes with my job and client perception of me) - but to be so horribly disfigured AND blind. Shoot me and the mad chimp.
WillowSun is offline   Reply With Quote