> >

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 03-14-11, 02:36 AM   #141
Novice
@RimaR: gr8 collection of books that you are planning to buy. I have
Her Personal Bodyguard - Susanne McCarthy. I may also have Shattered Mirror by Kate Walker. I will confirm and let you know.
Old 03-14-11, 05:08 AM   #142
Novice

Is anyone else having issues downloading from zippyshare?

I used to be able to, but now, if I click the download button, it just loops to the same download page. If I right click and "save target as" all I get is a blank "file.htm"

I've cleaned out cookies and temp files and still no go...

Anyone have any ideas?

BB

Edit: Well, heck! Now it's working... at least for the moment!

Last edited by barkybean; 03-16-11 at 08:23 PM.
Old 03-28-11, 08:16 AM   #143
Newcomer
Default M & B cover art

Some of you may enjoy this blog post I stumbled upon...
http://www.oliandalex.com/mills-boon/2011/3/9/mills-boon.html
Old 03-28-11, 01:47 PM   #144
Newcomer
Has anyone ever tried dictating instead of scanning? Perhaps with Dragon Naturally Speaking or something similar?
Old 05-02-11, 08:38 PM   #145
She Dragon Extraordinaire

Quote: Originally Posted by barbiep23 View Post
guys I have alot of great books to scan but I need the ABBY fine reader for macs! please help me out! I have waiting to be scanned "Out of control by lori copeland and books from mary lynn baxter!
Try here http://tehparadox.com/forum/f51/abby...1/#post1418729
Old 05-13-11, 03:17 AM   #146
Newcomer
I was wondering if anyone has nancy drew and hardy boys super mystery books...
please post the links if u do...:)
TIA
Old 05-27-11, 11:54 AM   #147
Apprentice
After a lot of failed attempts, sadness & thinking, I've finally got my own little miracle thanx to the generousity of dear sanyam who volunteered to scan the novels & present them to all the romance fans in our forum
From the bottom of my heart, I say thanx Sanyam for turning my dream into a reality
The novels now r on a romantic journey across the world & I'm asking u my friends for a little patience until the novels reach dear Sanyam
This is the final list of the novels after alterations, (Unfortunately, most of the novels on the original list, can not be sent to Sanyam's country)

Morgan'S Child - Anne Mather
The Pleasure and the Pain Anne Mather
Legacy Of The Past - Anne Mather

Man's World - Charlotte Lamb
Sensation - Charlotte Lamb
Shotgun Wedding - Charlotte Lamb
Dying For You - Charlotte Lamb
A Naked Flame - Charlotte Lamb
A Family Affair - Charlotte Lamb

Wilder Shores Of Love Madeleine Ker
The Widow's Mite - Emma Goldrick
Bridal Price (Harlequin Desire) Barbara Boswell

They r a love gift from me to u my friends in gratitude for all the happy moments that I've had thanx to u
Old 06-02-11, 07:09 AM   #148
Newcomer
Default kindle or nook

hi guys,

i was hoping somebody would help me decide whether to buy amazon kindle or nook or any other digital reader? i also have question regarding can i download the books posted
in romance section on kindle .or do i need any software to cponvert into kindle format .

i need advice please
Old 06-02-11, 07:33 AM   #149
Deditus libris

I myself have a Kindle and I love it! There are many posts in this thread about Kindle and other readers. Do a search on this thread for kindle ect to find others' opinions.

You'll be able to use any of the books on the Romance thread and the rest of the forum. There is free software called "Calibre" that can be used to convert the books to the format you'll need for any reader. It's also a e-book library management tool and pc reader.

You can find the free software here:
http://calibre-ebook.com/
When you download a book it's best to convert from lit, but epub and other formats work just as well. Opinions anyone?
Old 06-02-11, 07:48 AM   #150
Newcomer
thanks for reply.it helped me a lot
Old 06-02-11, 02:47 PM   #151

Quote: Originally Posted by rainbowspinner View Post
I myself have a Kindle and I love it! There are many posts in this thread about Kindle and other readers. Do a search on this thread for kindle ect to find others' opinions.

You'll be able to use any of the books on the Romance thread and the rest of the forum. There is free software called "Calibre" that can be used to convert the books to the format you'll need for any reader. It's also a e-book library management tool and pc reader.

You can find the free software here:
http://calibre-ebook.com/
When you download a book it's best to convert from lit, but epub and other formats work just as well. Opinions anyone?
I actually prefer the epub for convert to mobi for kindle, and the lit file for conversion to pdf. Eveyone knows I am a kindle lover, but as rainbowspinner stated if you search this thread you will find an extensive discussion on the readers pro/cons.
Old 06-02-11, 04:47 PM   #152
Novice

Question about scanning... is there free OCR software out there? Ages ago I had Win3.1 software (told you it was a long time ago), but at this time I'm not interested in purchasing software.

And for those who scan... what software are you using and what format are you saving as?

(Apologies if this question has been answered in this thread previously.)
Old 06-02-11, 06:54 PM   #153

Quote: Originally Posted by readingril View Post
Question about scanning... is there free OCR software out there? Ages ago I had Win3.1 software (told you it was a long time ago), but at this time I'm not interested in purchasing software.

And for those who scan... what software are you using and what format are you saving as?

(Apologies if this question has been answered in this thread previously.)
AbbyFine reader pro is what I use to scan. Some use the free ware version but I prefer pro because I can edit out the headers and page numbers before sending to word. It can be found here
Abby Fine Reader Pro
Old 06-02-11, 09:46 PM   #154
Newcomer
Quote: Originally Posted by fleta View Post
hi guys,

i was hoping somebody would help me decide whether to buy amazon kindle or nook or any other digital reader? i also have question regarding can i download the books posted
in romance section on kindle .or do i need any software to cponvert into kindle format .

i need advice please
As a Kindle owner I really like mine but I would wait for the new Nook Touch that comes out this month. It's got some really nice features and it uses Epub. It does have the new Pearl screen and a SD Card Slot. The backing is rubberized and it's an ounce lighter and smaller/thinner then a Kindle. B&N claims battery life is 2 months. It however does not have a browser like the Kindle but it's faster and less page flashing.
I like the idea of touch screen but it still has page turn buttons on either side. The Kindle 3 navigation is not the best. The five way button is not made for fat fingers with the back button underneath it, I can't count how many times I hit it instead of the 5 way! However If Kindle comes out with a touch ereader comparable to the Nook Touch I would go with that in second!

As for Calibre, Epub/Lit/Html work best for conversation. PDF is the worst and takes some skill and several software programs to get a good editable copy. I prefer Epub as my source as long and it is an original. It converts to Mobi beautifully! Calibre converted epub not so much when working with Mobi.
Closed Thread