> >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-12, 03:14 AM   #1
Elder

Link Pirate Party Releases Book of Pirate Politics

"If the SOPA/PIPA blackouts were a wakeup call to many people, then the U.S. Pirate Party has released a book that might help explain some of the issues. The book covers issues such as Corporate Personhood, the 4th Amendment, the history of copyright, and how DRM laws are made. There are even cartoons from Nina Paley throughout to add a bit of humor. DRM-free eBook versions are available to download from the book's site, or you can buy a paperback edition from Amazon for ten bucks." The book is under the CC BY-NC-SA, and features essays from the likes of Lawrence Lessig and Rick Falkvinge.

http://www.nosafeharbor.com/
Old 01-25-12, 08:02 AM   #2
»\_(ツ)_/»

Lol yeah, didn't know either that there were any other than a german pirate political party. Let alone being one in the US! :D

But maybe this book could fill my gap that was once the bible?
L1b3rta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-12, 10:57 AM   #3
Expert

They have a good weekly radio address, it's worth a listen:
http://www.rantmedia.ca/piratepartyradio/episodes.php
mis4nthropes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-12, 11:13 AM   #4
Master

If this Pirate Party ever wins an election, I'll get a ship somehow at all costs then I would emigrate and set sail to the US, acquire myself citizenship, then...yarrr!!!
orgasminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-12, 09:32 PM   #5
The Brat

Quote: Originally Posted by Notorious_dog View Post
There`s a Pirate party? .. as in, Political party? wt*
The first Pirate Party was found in Sweden. There from what I┤ve read, there, they are of non relevance anymore.

But, currently they scare the hell out of Germany┤s established political landscape. They already managed to get themselves some seats in several German States. Polls shows, that they could win quite some seats in the next countrywide election in 2013.

Yes Notorios, they exist !

Quote: Originally Posted by L1b3rta View Post
Lol yeah, didn't know either that there were any other than a german pirate political party. Let alone being one in the US! :D

But maybe this book could fill my gap that was once the bible?
Don┤t be sad, you got far nicer organizations there.

Last edited by thunderball; 07-13-12 at 09:35 PM.
thunderball is offline   Reply With Quote