> > >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-12, 09:11 AM   #1
Danran! Robot Kazoku

Emoticon Smile Borderlands 2 - Crack Solution

Guys, I think I have found a solution to the various problems getting the game to run !

The problem when it comes to the skidrow crack, is that it requires Steam to be installed to work. But..no it does not

Add this to the registry:

32-Bit:
http://www.ziddu.com/download/20386428/xmas32.rar.html
Pass: SantaSan
64-Bit:
http://www.ziddu.com/download/20386438/xmas64.rar.html
Pass: SantaSan
This is what is written in the reg files
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam]
"InstallPath"="C:\\Program\\Steam"
"SteamPID"=dword:00000000
"TempAppCmdLine"=""
"TempAppPath"=""
and

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Valve\Steam]
"InstallPath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam"
"SteamPID"=dword:00000000
"TempAppCmdLine"=""
"TempAppPath"=""
I uninstalled the game, added both registry entries to my system, reinstalled, copied the skidrow crack to the game folder, and...

Supposedly one is to let the game go online ONCE for the DLC stuff, but I can't confirm that since I haven't started playing yet. But I will now! Hope this helps you guys

EDIT: I can't confirm this works on a 64-Bit system, so please tell me if it does or not

Borderlands.2.Update.1-SKIDROW
http://www63.zippyshare.com/v/67651786/file.html
Borderlands.2.Update.2-SKIDROW
www.ziddu.com/download/20488876/EggAndBacon.rar.html
http://www43.zippyshare.com/v/96436110/file.html
Borderlands.2.Update.3-SKIDROW
www.ziddu.com/download/20488924/HameAndEggs.rar.html
http://www60.zippyshare.com/v/10855255/file.html
Pass: christmasmerry

Last edited by SantaSan; 10-01-12 at 09:16 AM.
Old 09-19-12, 10:50 AM   #2
Novice
If it does indeed require steam to be installed it certainly doesn't require it to be running. I don't see what the big deal is about installing it since it certainly won't be the last game to require it.
Glimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-12, 11:03 AM   #3
Elite

Revolt crack works perfectly with skidrow's release and without steam.

edit:

Will this method work with the skidrow's other late games?

Last edited by redsoul911; 09-19-12 at 11:10 AM.
redsoul911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-12, 11:07 AM   #4
Novice
I can confirm the "fix" works with 7 64bit

Jolly well done mate!
Anomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-12, 11:37 AM   #5
Novice
U SIR Deserve a
http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/rembo147/Medal_of_awesome__Nerdfighters_by_S.png
Rocket789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-12, 11:40 AM   #6
Novice
What issues does the game have exactly? Does it just require that steam be installed to play it? I have steam installed but it wasn't running when I started the game and it worked fine. Does it just require that it be installed but not necessarily running?
Old 09-19-12, 11:58 AM   #7
Danran! Robot Kazoku

Quote: Originally Posted by Rocket789 View Post
U SIR Deserve a
http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/rembo147/Medal_of_awesome__Nerdfighters_by_S.png
Thanks! I noticed I had the 64-bit entry in my registry, for some reason, but not the 32-Bit. Since I have 32-Bit, that entry made no difference, and the game would not run. So I edited it to make a 32-bit entry and the game suddenly ran! So I figured it must work the other way round too. I remember I tried the Sleeping Dogs game, but could not get it to run, so maybe that 64-bit entry was from that install/uninstall.

Not sure if this works with any other troublesome skidrow release, but it would be fun to know! And also if it works with Win8
SantaSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-12, 12:21 PM   #8
Newcomer
Quote: Originally Posted by Glimmer View Post
If it does indeed require steam to be installed it certainly doesn't require it to be running. I don't see what the big deal is about installing it since it certainly won't be the last game to require it.
Wait. Is it confirmed Steam MUST be installed or you cannot install this game ? Weird.
anonymousondaweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-12, 02:52 PM   #9
No kitty! bad kitty!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by SantaSan View Post
Guys, I think I have found a solution to the various problems getting the game to run !

The problem when it comes to the skidrow crack, is that it requires Steam to be installed to work. But..no it does not

God bless you my son :)))

-----------------------------

I can confirm, it works with skidrow version. I didn't reinstall game, just import reg key and run :

Oh, its W7-64bit
Mbbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-12, 02:54 PM   #10
Newcomer
the bottom line is, a crack should not require another software to be installed.

it should be standalone.

skidrow has fukked up the last 10 releases by requiring steam to be installed, although it can be worked around by installing this registry key hack.

still, a proper crack wouldn't even require this registry key hack.
yes, it's a minor nuisance, but still a nuisance.

last year, skidrow steam/ceg cracks didn't require steam. But ever since they started adding buddha.dll to the crack, it has required steam to be installed (but not required to be running).
Skidrow must have a new cracker who forgot to remove the steam checks.

all other non-skidrow borderlands2 cracks don't require steam or any registry hacks.

Very annoying because I don't like to have extra bloatware installed on my computer.

Last edited by pman6; 09-19-12 at 02:57 PM.
pman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-12, 04:55 PM   #11
Novice
still not working, keeps hanging after launcher and opening titles, when i open task manager there's a massive memory leak (which was happening before i applied this just to be clear). I got the windows 7 64b, skidrow version, steam and greenluma still no good, any ideas? thx

Edit: Scrap that, used revolt crack and all's good

Last edited by jcraigt; 09-19-12 at 06:16 PM.
jcraigt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-12, 05:52 PM   #12
Novice
Quote: Originally Posted by pman6 View Post
the bottom line is, a crack should not require another software to be installed.

it should be standalone.

skidrow has fukked up the last 10 releases by requiring steam to be installed, although it can be worked around by installing this registry key hack.

still, a proper crack wouldn't even require this registry key hack.
yes, it's a minor nuisance, but still a nuisance.

last year, skidrow steam/ceg cracks didn't require steam. But ever since they started adding buddha.dll to the crack, it has required steam to be installed (but not required to be running).
Skidrow must have a new cracker who forgot to remove the steam checks.

all other non-skidrow borderlands2 cracks don't require steam or any registry hacks.

Very annoying because I don't like to have extra bloatware installed on my computer.
Gotcha. I wasn't aware the game actually required steam as that little fact is not stated in the install intsructions in the nfo that came with it. I just happened to have it installed already for some other game that required it.
Old 09-19-12, 06:55 PM   #13
Newcomer
I was pulling hair out trying to figured out why on my pc it started perfect but my laptop it wouldn't go past the launcher. I had only installed Steam earlier that night so i could dl Borderlands 2, but the release date here in japan is 25 Oct.....so it would not allow me to purchase it. Makes sense now

So i just thought of a problem....if you do just the reg entries and you use any kind of system cleaner like tuneup utilities or cccleaner I think it will delete these entries because the steam program is not installed. Just install steam but turn off "start with windows"....thanks for finding this

*Update* So it still won't start for me on my Laptop, I even installed steam....but 3DM crack works perfect. Maybe there is a date check that steam was installed first. I just saw you said you uninstalled first. Even though I got it running with 3DM, I am going to backup my game save and try uninstalling, add reg entries again and install the skidrow crack. I will let you know my findings. BTW, both my Desktop and Laptop are running Win 7 ultimate 64 bit, Desktop is a genuine copy and Laptop is running the Win 7 Dark Edition 2.

*Update & FIX*
Reinstalled and cracked and it did not start....i have the original Borderlands install and it is in the folder: 2K Games > Gearbox Software. I cut the Borderlands 2 folder and pasted it in Gearbox Software and it works perfectly. On my PC i have it install on a ssd and it's a [D:] drive, so if you are having problems with it starting you cut and paste it to another folder or when installing change the folder, i have confimed both will make the game work.

Last edited by JDMDingo; 09-20-12 at 05:43 AM.
JDMDingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-12, 08:17 PM   #14
ptc
Newcomer
Thank you for this quick fix. I had no idea what the problem was. It baffled me that my crappy laptop was able to start the game but not my desktop. I had long forgotten that I have steam installed on the laptop but not my desktop. I had to reinstall Windows on my desktop recently and I just haven't gotten around to installing steam.
ptc is offline   Reply With Quote