> > >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-12, 06:52 AM   #57
Novice
Quote: Originally Posted by cechi View Post
wake up or get some proper education (or hard data)
well I enjoyed a proper education and here is the hard data you enquired

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_minimum_wages_by_country
See Belgium, 1424€ a month minimum wage
chillywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-12, 07:18 AM   #58
Newcomer
Quote: Originally Posted by Psyway_604 View Post
you people must realize that not everyone have access to steam/amazon.some of us only can buy it in a game shop
btw i played beta and yes d3 deserve it,ill see you on bnet as soon i am able
d3 and gw2 must be bought
you do have an internet connection and you do need a connection to play diablo, so I don't understand why you don't "have access to steam/amazon". makes no sense at all.

and I guess theres more than one game shop where you live and it's impossible that every shop has the same price for the game.
biodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-12, 07:47 AM   #59
Expert
not internet itself and not categorized by country.and d3 is definitely worth

Last edited by Psyway_604; 05-13-12 at 08:03 AM.
Psyway_604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-12, 10:34 PM   #60
Bad command or file name

Quote: Originally Posted by yeldarbn View Post

Well, You are alone on that one.
Now who's trying to speak for everyone??

Quote: Originally Posted by Loora View Post
H8ters and fanboys need to be more at each others throats .... need some proper popcorn drama once in a while and haven't had any recently.

@nole

You wanna know why the Diablo Battlechest is still 25 bucks ? Because even 12 years after it's release D2 is STILL one of the best GAMES money can possibly buy. It's a bold claim but easily backed up by the number of ppl still playing (and buying!) D2 to this very day.

Same with Starcraft and (I hate myself for saying this) Counterstrike for example.

Over here you can walk into pretty much every supermarket/grocery store and pickup a copy of D2+LOD for like €9.99 - 14.99. 12 years after it's release .....

Now please explain what's so absurd about charging 25 bucks for one of the best games of all times (and one of the most successfull ones) bundled with D1 and LOD and a bunch of extra stuff. To me that's not absurd at all. To me that's a steal (with some nostalgic value, I admit) and I am far from beeing a Blizzard fanboy (ever wonder why there are only fanboys and no fangirls ? ^^).
That's a matter of opinion. I wouldn't place it on a list of best games. The campaign can be completed in a day, but there's enough pointless *OMG LOOT!!1!* to last several lifetimes.
Noledox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-12, 12:10 AM   #61
Expert
Quote: Originally Posted by Noledox View Post
That's a matter of opinion. I wouldn't place it on a list of best games.
No, it isn't and it doesn't matter where YOU would put it :)

Quite frankly, the press and NPD group strongly disagree with your assesment.

Look at #7

http://www.destructoid.com/the-top-50-videogames-of-the-decade-10-1--155591.phtml
Quoted from Wikipedia

Quote:
Copies of Diablo: Battle Chest continue to be sold in retail stores, appearing on the NPD Group's top 10 PC games sales list as recently as 2010.[44] Even more remarkably, the Diablo: Battle Chest was the 19th best selling PC game of 2008[45] – a full seven years after the game's initial release – and 11 million users still play Diablo II and StarCraft over Battle.net.[46]
And that's just from a quick search on the subject without actually looking at hard financial data provided by ActiBlizz.

Now, please explain how charging 25 bucks for such a successfull product is absurd.

The only product I am aware off right now that can match this kind of success is StarCraft (Surpriiiiiiise!).
Loora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-12, 12:18 AM   #62
Bad command or file name

Quote: Originally Posted by Loora View Post
No, it isn't and it doesn't matter where YOU would put it :)

Quite frankly, the press and NPD group strongly disagree with your assesment.
Quite frankly, I don't care what they think either. Aggregate opinion is still opinion.

Quote:
Look at

http://www.destructoid.com/the-top-50-videogames-of-the-decade-10-1--155591.phtml
Quoted from Wikipedia

And that's just from a quick search on the subject without actually looking at hard financial data provided by ActiBlizz.

Now, please explain how charging 25 bucks for such a successfull product is absurd.

The only product I am aware off right now that can match this kind of success is StarCraft (Surpriiiiiiise!).
2008 is just one year, the overall sales tells a slightly different story, and as far as I can tell, the first link is not sales-based, but opinion.

Quote:
The Sims (16 million shipped)[1]
The Sims 2 (13 million)[2]
The Sims 2: Pets [expansion pack] (5.6 million)[3]
The Sims 2: Seasons [expansion pack] (1 million)[3]
World of Warcraft
World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade [expansion pack] (at least 4.7 million; required to own Wrath of the Lich King)
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King [expansion pack] (at least 4.7 million; required to own Cataclysm)
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm [expansion pack] (4.7 million)[4]
Half-Life 2 (12 million; may include sales on other platforms)[5]
StarCraft (11 million)[6]
Battlefield 2 (11 million)[7]
The Sims 3 (10 million)[8]
Half-Life (9.3 million,[9][10] may include PS2 version)
Half-Life: Opposing Force [expansion pack] (1.1 million)[9][10]
Guild Wars (6.5 million in North America, Europe, and Asia; includes Factions, Nightfall, and Eye of the North)[11]
Myst (6 million)[12]
Minecraft (5.8 million, at least 4.0 million still in beta testing, and 1 million in alpha testing)[13]
SimCity 3000 (5 million; includes Sim City 3000 Unlimited edition)[14]
Riven (4.5 million)[15]
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty (nearly 4.5 Million)[16]
Battlefield 1942 (4.39 million BF1942 2.47 million, BF1942:RTR 0.64 million, BF1942:SW 0.49 million, BF Deluxe 0.37 million, BF Anthology 0.42 million)[17]
Counter-Strike (4.2 million,[9][10])
Cossacks: European Wars (4 million)[18]
Diablo II (4 million)[19]
Diablo II: Lord of Destruction [expansion pack] (1 million;[19] 2 million shipped)[19]
According to these sales stats, The Sims is the greatest game of all time. Do you agree? Opinion.

Anyway, it's also just my opinion that the price for a game over a decade old is too high, but I'm poorish, so most prices are too high for me.

Last edited by Noledox; 05-14-12 at 01:12 AM.
Old 05-14-12, 03:21 AM   #63
Newcomer
o.0"
PGMP1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-12, 08:40 AM   #64
Just Keep Breathing

OKAY......its just a damn game no matter how you look at it or what your opinion of it is. Like it or don't like it, who cares? I'm just here to tell those who bought it you can install the game now. Not just the preinstall, but the actual install. Today its going to be some guild wars 2, and tomorrow I'll be killing some demons and diablos. high five lazer faces
klown07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-12, 09:20 AM   #65
Apprentice
My biggest problem is the pricing in the UK you can get it if you can find it or preorder for between £32 & £35 yet on blizzards website it costs £44.99,thats a lot of money for 1 game probably the dearest standard edition of a game i have seen,I will wait for a price decrease and reviews before purchase or if its cracked i wont have to.Blizzard are ripping people off and overhyping which is just a game,but the world as a whole seems to be intent on overhyping everything.
Maverick0923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-12, 10:29 AM   #66
Novice
Quote: Originally Posted by Maverick0923 View Post
My biggest problem is the pricing in the UK you can get it if you can find it or preorder for between £32 & £35 yet on blizzards website it costs £44.99,thats a lot of money for 1 game probably the dearest standard edition of a game i have seen,I will wait for a price decrease and reviews before purchase or if its cracked i wont have to.Blizzard are ripping people off and overhyping which is just a game,but the world as a whole seems to be intent on overhyping everything.
this is my biggest problem. but im gonna buy it. ive got the pre load from blizzard and will trade in mw3 for it at and get it for 99p from Game.
ry2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-12, 11:08 PM   #67
Bad command or file name

Well, to all the people who have bought or will soon buy: Have fun! (and maybe give my regards to Diablo)
Old 05-15-12, 02:26 AM   #68
Newcomer
Man, I just want to know if it will be possible to crack it, and when.I've played the beta, and enjoyed it, would be nice to know when i can pirate the full game :)
urineg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-12, 02:39 AM   #69
Newcomer
Quote: Originally Posted by urineg View Post
Man, I just want to know if it will be possible to crack it, and when.
Never.
And by never I mean NEVER.
If you´d read a bit more about the game you want to pirate so hard and followed the discussions you´d know that by now.
beefsister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-12, 04:18 AM   #70
Expert
there wont be crack,even if they manage to bypass login,there wont be any loot or mobs in-game,all that stuff is on server
Psyway_604 is offline   Reply With Quote