> > >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-09, 06:08 AM   #1
Expert

Default Dragon Age: Origins -Discussion

Started playing the game about 2 days ago and just love it so much. Bioware truly never disappoints. Playing as a Dalish Elf Warrior :) What about you guys? How do you find the game? Give your thoughts or if you have any doubts or problems with the game just post here to discuss them.

Btw, if any of you guys are on the Bioware Social Site
http://social.bioware.com/
(we need to be if we need the DLC for PC as far as I know) add me to your friend list.

My username: amat3rasu
Old 12-08-09, 10:17 AM   #2
Newcomer
Default Re: Dragon Age: Origins -Discussion

I love it too. The bes t game I've ever played so far...
SARG22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-09, 03:25 PM   #3
Newcomer

I got bored of it easily...Just not my type. I love Mass Effect from Bioware though but its from different genre of course.
LuFFyPSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-09, 06:15 PM   #4
Apprentice

I simply adore Dragon Age. I'm playing as an Elf Mage. I've been playing for about two weeks now and I'm not bored yet!! (Which is saying something because I bore easily, heh heh.)
NothingToSeeHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09, 02:00 AM   #5
Expert

^I really like the lore of the game and how they have changed the norm for elves (that they are superior to humans, tall and immortal etc). The part about them losing their immortality and being subjugated by the Human who are the superior race was really creative. Reading the codex is really fun too.
infinitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09, 03:23 AM   #6
Novice

yeah i loved the game, played it for like 2-3 weeks ignoring all other games and forms of entertainment, made an elf mage, i must admit i have never felt so powerful as a mage, in some respects it felt like playing a really polished mmo by myself cuz i was constantly using tank, mage, healer and dps party. Furthermore i was constantly worried about generating too much threat = no more mage.
phampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09, 03:44 AM   #7
preparing a disaster

And another one who enjoys Dragon Age. I start playing 2 weeks ago, but unfortunatly can't game until next week.

I'm a rogue Elf, who wants to become an assasin. It's just my kind of playing style.

@ infinitum,
Do you really need to login or create an account to use the DLC?
I use DLC without an account. I just hate it when a game must connect to the internet only to start or confirm your copy.
Keynote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09, 03:57 AM   #8
Expert

Phampire, yeah mages are so cool in the game. I just love using Morrigan. I think I'll play as a Human mage next time around :) Or maybe I'll create another character straight away..

@Keynote

Yes I'm pretty sure we need to be logged in to use the DLC. I play the Steam version of DA and I log in at the menu screen. Best thing about that is it uploads recent achievements/character info etc to the Bioware Social Site, that is if we have registered there.
infinitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09, 04:22 AM   #9
Elite

I played as a Dalish Elf warrior first time through. Beat the game, loved the story and the ending I got. Playing second time through as a human assassin.
Warmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09, 05:13 AM   #10
preparing a disaster

@ infinitum
I understand that if you play the steam version you must subscribe.
But that's not how I want to play off-line games, no need to defend this statement it's just personal.
I see the positive side of it though: You get the latest game updates, personal achievements etc.
Thanks for explaining.

My first 'doh of the game was the quest to collect white/red flowers in the wild. I thought I could wait to return them, because it was night.... I was wrong.
Keynote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09, 07:06 AM   #11
Master

im love this game to,just finish him 2 days ago played as a mage
there is a mod that allowed you to transform into a dragon(or anything),good game
bravocorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09, 03:06 PM   #12
Novice

Great game , good story , gameplay , graphic best rpg of 2009, one of games which should be in finnals for game of the year title.

For me only lack is , is to short and i wish more additional updates/contents like in nwn.

Also i think DAO2 will comme sooner or later coz story of 1 part made it open pretty much.

Last edited by Jocker1; 12-10-09 at 06:08 PM.
Jocker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09, 07:52 PM   #13
Newcomer
Tick Re: Dragon Age: Origins -Discussion

I played 75% of the side quests and I spent over 70 hours to get to the end. Please to say I didn't feel that those 70 hours of my life were wasted.
warlordsagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-09, 12:40 AM   #14
Novice

Sweeet game. I played as a noble fighter and finished it. Some said it's a 80 hours play game, i finished it in 60 hours and tried to do all the side quests. I have the original version without the 2 bonus quests so i guess with that is 80 hours.
Its worth the time and the money.
stevenfrost is offline   Reply With Quote