> > >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-10-09, 04:26 AM   #15
Newcomer
Default Re: Dragon Age: Origins -Discussion

The game definitely has a lot of hours in it. Most of the people I know have played 2 or 3 runthroughs just to experience the different possibilities. I think it'd be pretty hard to unlock every specialization and outcome in one playthrough, because a lot of them are polar opposite.

The Nexus community which produced mods for Oblivion, Morrowind, and Fallout 3 has also spawned a Dragon Age Nexus. I can't recommend enough going there and checking out some of the great mods.
You'll probably want to start by getting:
which is a tool for managing mods to replace the shoddy DAUpdater which comes by default. From there it all comes down to personal preference. There's a few mods I think are essential but not everyone will feel the same way.

PS. Sorry if I got that whole code box thing wrong, wasn't sure if I was supposed to make it a non-clickable link in addition to containing it, so opted for convenience.
CWardUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-09, 10:03 AM   #16
Master

the guys in Nexus site are truly graet,if theres ever will be an oscar competition over the net ill vote for them (and for this forum too )
bravocorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-09, 02:40 PM   #17
Newcomer

I'm loving this game, and im loving all the modding support!
khewit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-09, 04:44 AM   #18
Newcomer

played mine 1 week ago and all i can say is i went from addict to insanely addicted to these game finished it 3 times already and im still having fun.

creating my 4th character human mage ^^
sebio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-09, 08:44 AM   #19
Expert

You know there are really cool mods at the Bioware Social Site too. Check it out under Projects. There are really cool armour/skin redesigns etc. Really talented people out there :)
infinitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-09, 04:38 PM   #20
Newcomer

I have never used mods before, probably because I am just a casual gamer, from the sound of it, they are pretty helpful, gonna check them later,

kinda out of motivation right now to finish the game, felt guilty for a wrong conversation choice made much earlier in the game, it is kinda irony since this actually means that I was really immersed in the game world to feel bad about it, but making me lose motivation at the same time...>_>,

this is my second RPG PC game that I've really played, (the 1st was Mass Effect, enjoyed it a lot), great game so far, except for a few dislikes here and there
finite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-09, 03:54 AM   #21
Newcomer

Cant wat to play that game
kryptonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-09, 10:22 AM   #22
Expert

Well, today I completed my first playthrough of the game. I think I got almost all the sidequests. As far as I know, I dropped only 2 or 3. What an experience! I just loved everything about it. I'm gonna play Fallout 3 again for some time..still haven't played the DLC. Maybe after that I'll play as a Mage or Dwarf Noble.
Old 01-05-10, 06:14 AM   #23
Expert

Default Dragon Age Expansion - Awakening

Looks like an expansion has been announced. Bioware really is on fire lately. I mean with the release of DAO and its DLC's. Mass Effect 2 being released this month and now the news that the first expansion for DAO due to be released on March 16. How awesome is that?? :)

Here's the link to the announcement on GameSpot. Post ur views and expectations.
For $40 Im expecting atleast a 30+ hour campaign!! Go Bioware lol

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6244898.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1
Old 01-11-10, 06:30 AM   #24
Newcomer

Hey guys. I wanted to start playing an RPG but i didn't know which to choose.
Is someone here that had played Oblivion? And if so, is Dragon Age better?
Rouxlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-10, 06:11 PM   #25
Newcomer

Oblivions greatness comes from it being so open, everything else is pretty mediocre. Dragon Age, though shorter, is way better in every other aspect.
cleotis_max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-10, 04:29 AM   #26
Newcomer

The only thing I disliked about oblivion was caves there were too many and took too much time their were almost like fillers and you cant change weapons in the middle of fight. How many arrows do I need put in someone even (head-shots) before they die. I usually don't mind games but it took so long that when my computer crashed I was angry and afterwards relieved because I thought I would never finish it. With Dragon Age its funny and better with companions instead of being on your own. At first I thought it was boring but when you get past the lighting of the beacon its good.
ghasl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-10, 04:22 PM   #27
Newcomer

Been thinking about getting this game.....do think it's worth it?
Cire909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-10, 08:34 PM   #28
Newcomer

Yeh its worth it.

Last edited by ghasl1; 03-02-10 at 01:36 AM.
ghasl1 is offline   Reply With Quote