> > >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-10, 12:16 AM   #29
Expert

Default Re: Dragon Age: Origins -Discussion

ghasl1, those are a lot of spoilers while answering a question of whether one should play the game or not. should have posted a spoiler warning atleast. You don't wanna scare off newcomers to the game like that

@Cire909
Yes I really recommend the game. If you are an RPG fan then you will love it a lot. If you're a Bioware fan, all the more. If on the other hand you aren't that used to RPG's then you might wanna adjust the difficulty to an easier level.

The characters, quests and environments are really well made. The voice-acting is superb and it feels like you've been thrust inside a movie when playing the game. If you have any other questions regarding the gme, just post a question here.
infinitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 01:42 AM   #30
Newcomer

Yeh I edited, let them find out lol I accidentally drag my blood armor without realizing that I sold it thats the only mistake I did.
ghasl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 05:16 AM   #31
Newcomer

Been playing the game for the past months. i like the interesting characters, ambient music and the gameplay. found some parts hard but eventually got out of them. i recommend this game to any true RPG fan
thaqz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 02:45 PM   #32
Newcomer

Cool, I guess I'm going to give it a try. Been eyeing it for a while now.
Cire909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 08:15 PM   #33
Expert

Quote: Originally Posted by ghasl1 View Post
Yeh I edited, let them find out lol I accidentally drag my blood armor without realizing that I sold it thats the only mistake I did.
Haha, I know what you mean. I sold my DragonSkin (or was it Drakeskin) Armour and I had to go through hell to buy it back. Seriously..getting money in DA:O is a bit of a pain in the ass I guess :/
infinitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 09:14 PM   #34
Apprentice

I was actually disappointed at this game. I don't understand why it got such high ratings. I mean I think Dungeon Siege series is better than This. But I would probably still play it.
Grapes100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-10, 04:37 PM   #35
Newcomer

I only read the first and last pages , but here's my review on it: I thought it was overall an excellent game. I liked Mass Effect 2 a little bit more because that's just the genre I'm more into, but DA:O is one of my favorite games ever. It was challenging without being impossible, it made you actually have to stop and plan ahead, while still giving a good challenge so you wouldn't get bored with crushing wave after wave of enemies... and the bosses are mostly really awesome, the Breedmother in particular really stands out. Overall four and a half-ish stars out of 5.
djm14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-10, 05:40 AM   #36
Newcomer

haha lol I started playing the expansion looks like I didnt need the blood armor after all and did you really had to go 'through hell to buy back the drakeskin' its funny you'll see. Still playing through thou.

Last edited by ghasl1; 03-17-10 at 05:49 AM.
Old 03-17-10, 04:41 PM   #37
Newcomer

i personally dont find the game play all that thrilling, but the story will keep u engaged and interested. I recommend it.
helix105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 09:32 PM   #38
Newcomer

Did anyone else encounter a bug in the in the expansion, silverite mines.
Old 03-22-10, 08:24 PM   #39
Newcomer

Stuck at orzammar
Fight at the proving without finishing all the battle... suddenly change my mind to support the other king candidates, gave the letter to the other side and tada.... both of them wouldnt talk to me hahaha.. cant get any support from any of them
XVeaRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 11:49 AM   #40
Newcomer

I recommend the game. It handles like Baldur's Gate II with more tactical options. The dialog tree consequences were kind of irritating, couldn't really play a down the middle type of person without pissing ppl off. But DAO's gameplay is not the straight forward hack, slash, and charge gameplay compared to say KOTOR. It can require more thought which is enjoyable.
Herodity is offline   Reply With Quote