> > >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-11, 05:48 AM   #1
Newcomer
Default MW3 PC controller support

Howells from die hard pc gamers expected but...

Does anyone know if mw3 will support 360 controller on pc version. Reason i ask is because i game on a pc (i5-750, ati5770, 4gb ram)

'Why would you use controller on pc??" i hear you ask, well... my pc is hooked up to my 47 inch LED HDTV in my living room and i always use a 360 control (exeption being Sim city & command and conqur)

I use a pc because - graphics are better & can download of copy of a game if i dont want to play it online for free plus, no disc needed ( had 30 games for xbox 360, bro reduced that to 3 in just 3 month the little shit) and no cost for online play

sorry for crap spelling, anyone know? being searching google for ages without being able to find an answer.

Last edited by theoleek; 10-31-11 at 08:10 AM.
Old 10-31-11, 06:16 AM   #2
Newcomer
I asked 402 several times, and got no response. I would expect not... In the past, the IW titles have not had controller support, while all the Treyarc titles have. I have a nice eyefinity rig, and I love playing CoD on multiple monitors, but I suck with keyboard and mouse :(

-Erik
burritoboy9984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 06:26 AM   #3
Elite

black ops supports the 360 controller with no problems so maybe MW3 will to.
666wrathchild666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 06:29 AM   #4
Newcomer
just seems rediculous that approx a week before release, still cannot find out if it supports controller. Is the only thing stopping me from pre ordering.

Really dont want to have to buy xbox360 and xbox live (approx 140).

Last edited by theoleek; 10-31-11 at 06:54 AM.
theoleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 07:17 AM   #5
Newcomer
If you can, find a Logitech Dual Action controller while they still make them. Get the software called Logitech Profiler and create your own control scheme. This will allow you to use the Dual Action gamepad on PC with CoD. You won't need aim assist with this controller at all because it is originally a PC controller modeled after a PS2 controller.

Any controller that is 'console like' (Xbox 360) will give you a harder time on the PC with the thumbsticks in multiplayer.
__________________________________________________ __________
There is a way you can use a controller, but the Xbox controller won't be best suited for PC fps. You would need the Logitech Dual Action controller and Logitech Profiler program in order to play an fps on PC. The Logitech controller is much looser and speedier when you need to do movements and you can assign keys in places of your choosing for comfort. Whatever you do, don't use Xpadder or an Xbox 360 controller to play competitively on the PC.
__________________________________________________ ____
Buy a Logitech Dual Action gamepad. The Logitech Profiler software, which is used to play games with no controller support, can be found on their site (or sometimes in the package with the controller). They also update their software with pre-configured control schemes that you can alter to your liking and comfort.

It will take you a bit to get used to, but this also depends on how good you are with a controller to begin with.

3 different posts about the same topic, just in case you're wondering. If you have been to the official COD forums, you would've seen this posted. However, if you don't want to use a Logitech Pad (you can use it for every COD game, even with those with no controller support), then I suggest you use the Pinnacle Game Profiler software for your Xbox controller. It will be the closest thing to Xbox settings you're gonna find.

If you plan on playing multiplayer, Logitech Dual Action - so far - is the best controller for multiplayer as it was made for the PC and isn't jerky like an Xbox controller is without aim assist.

I don't wait for those guys when it comes to controllers. The Logitech Dual Action has been used for years on all FPS because it comes with software that lets you configure your buttons on a controller.
Ceaseless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 07:26 AM   #6
Novice

I have the same setup.
I moved into my current flat and there is no room for a desk so my rig is hooked up to my 50" hdtv.
Some games work with gamepads but those that seem to only work with wired controllers can be worked around using a program called x360ce.
http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/
It works for all gamepads and even wheels.

I hope MW3 has gamepad support. I've pre-ordered it but if it doesn't have the support I need I'll just have to get out the coffee table and risk insane leg cramp lol
bedchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 07:42 AM   #7
Newcomer
We don't have to keep suffering and wondering if a game has controller support or not by getting Logitech Dual Action gamepad and Logitech Profiler software. You can make it work with every game and never need to ask that question again.
Old 10-31-11, 08:13 AM   #8
Newcomer
Used pinnicale before, nothing compared to native controller support in my experience.
Old 10-31-11, 09:29 AM   #9
IPK
Novice
Quote: Originally Posted by bedchain View Post
I have the same setup.
I moved into my current flat and there is no room for a desk so my rig is hooked up to my 50" hdtv.
Some games work with gamepads but those that seem to only work with wired controllers can be worked around using a program called x360ce.
http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/
It works for all gamepads and even wheels.

I hope MW3 has gamepad support. I've pre-ordered it but if it doesn't have the support I need I'll just have to get out the coffee table and risk insane leg cramp lol
yeah you can use that x360ce program OR you can use Xpadder (you can grab a copy from this site if you don't want to pay 4 it)
IPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 09:58 AM   #10
Newcomer
If it doesn't have native support, no program will be worth a crap to play with (xpadder, logitech profiler, etc etc). I tried using xpadder with MW2 and it was horrible. It already hurts to not have aim assist and use a controller, but when you start moving jaggedly it is near impossible.

-Erik
burritoboy9984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 10:26 AM   #11
IPK
Novice
might i suggest
The Cyborg V.5 Rumble Pad

http://cyborggaming.com/prod/cyborgpad.htm

Last edited by IPK; 11-01-11 at 02:38 PM.
IPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 11:15 AM   #12
Newcomer
Quote: Originally Posted by burritoboy9984 View Post
If it doesn't have native support, no program will be worth a crap to play with (xpadder, logitech profiler, etc etc). I tried using xpadder with MW2 and it was horrible. It already hurts to not have aim assist and use a controller, but when you start moving jaggedly it is near impossible.

-Erik
That's not true (well, that statement about Xpadder is). So far (and trust me - I have been using it for 8 years now), Logitech Profiler is the best you're gonna get. You just need the Logitech Dual Action gamepad to benefit. Not to knock Xpadder, but it isn't good with analog sticks.

Logitech Profiler is the absolute best. The only reason I mentioned Pinnacle Game Profiler is because it has the most commands you can issue to a controller (past even what native support would do). The problem with PGP is similar to Xpadder. It's less jerky, but it's jerky. Logitech Profiler runs smooth and if you're already good with controllers, but used to aim assist, that's the only thing you have to get rid of is the reliance on that. Tweak the sensitivity in game and do your thang.

I use a legacy configuration with the analog sticks (move and turn with left stick - look and strafe with right) so there may be some differences between us, but I'm often at the top of the scoreboard at the end of a match (multiplayer).
Old 10-31-11, 11:17 AM   #13
Newcomer
Quote: Originally Posted by KilowogFromZim View Post
might i suggest
The Cyborg V.5 Rumble Pad

You may want to get rid of the URL tags in your CODE. Only use CODE around links, not URL tags.
Old 10-31-11, 12:16 PM   #14
Newcomer
i find this unbelivable. approx 1 week before release and NOBODY can confirm or deny controller support. Its Ridiculous! Someone, somewhere in the world must know, why would they not share that info? maybe im just getting to worked up about it but... to have to wait till the game is released to find out if it supports controller, stupid.