> > >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-12, 03:07 PM   #1
Newcomer
Emoticon Unhappy Saints Row save issue

Hey, I cant save the game in Saint Rows the third! Im using skidrow! did anyone find the solution for this?
Old 01-31-12, 03:09 PM   #2
Apprentice
I can save fine but I have other issues like crappy frame rates since im using an ATI card and they still havent released the patch :(
DarkNinja22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-12, 03:09 PM   #3
tehPARADOX

just copy SKIDROW.ini to ur Saints Row Folder
pkg81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-12, 05:54 AM   #4
Newcomer
okay i done that and still no save
xboxturd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-12, 01:51 PM   #5
Newcomer
Had this problem too. Here's the fix. (I'm also using Skidrow release w/ Vista Ult 32)

Found this fix somewhere, may have even been here at TehParadox, maybe not, I forget. The links are not mine nor the words for that matter. Just a simple copy and paste job here. Anyway, what's really important is this does work. Here's how in 10 steps. Steps *4 and *7 may or may not be necessary but I'm leaving the info intact. Without further ado...

::::: Saints Row The Third: Save Game FiX :::::
1.) Download and install the game.

2.) Download this crack:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16910054/NOcheatCRACK.rar
3.) Extract the crack (4 files) to the game directory and overwrite.

*4.) If you have not already, install steam, log in at least once, log out and exit steam.

5.) Download SmartSteam:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16910054/SmartSteam_v1.4.1_Incl_Steam_20110909.rar
6.) Extract SmartSteam somewhere (needs to be in it's own folder, do not extract to your steam folder)

*7.) In the smartsteam folder open the smartsteam.ini, change the path to the location of SmartSteam on your pc - should look something like this:
#SteamPath=C:\Program Files\SmartSteam\

8.) Run SmartSteam.exe and create an account. DO NOT use your real Steam info.

9.) Login to SmartSteam and let it run in the background behind the game (this is what allows you to save).

10.) Run "saintsrowthethird_dx11.exe" or "saintsrowthethird.exe" and play the game with full saving.

If you have already installed the game and skidrow crack just delete the following files then follow from Step 2:
skidrow.ini
steamclient.dll
steam_api.dll

If you have Steam installed you must rename your Steam folder in program files to something else, for example: "_Steam", so the game will not look for it.

Hope this works for you and I believe it will. Happy saving! ~Skreed

Last edited by TheSkreed; 02-06-12 at 01:55 PM.
TheSkreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-12, 05:55 AM   #6
Newcomer
OMG!!!!!! YAAAAYYYYAYAYAYAYAY YOU ARE THE BEST INTERNETIAN!!! I FINALLY GOT SR3 WORKING ON VISTA HOME PREMIUM 32 BIT!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH THESKREED!!!!! YOU SHOULDVE MADE UR NAME THEBOSS! !#@!$#@$%#%$%$#5v tjhhjrfjn EXCITEMENT!!!
Cuzmanbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-12, 03:57 PM   #7
Newcomer
I have vista 32 bits and i want play SR3 without internt, i overwrite the files of crack but when I open the game a message appears saying the program crashed.
Someone can help me? I have try many different cracks and one update and donīt work.
rocharui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-12, 12:04 PM   #8
Newcomer
Marvelous, if your way did not kill all my content...
One of the by you mentioned files had them active.

How can I solve my new problem?

Thanks.
MrFlipFlopFlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-12, 01:48 PM   #9
Newcomer
Solved it with http://bitsnoop.com/saints-row-the-t...q33639150.html

Thank you all.

PS: this pack is in Russian, chance Skidrow.ini in game folder.
MrFlipFlopFlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-12, 07:43 AM   #10
Newcomer
thanksss
lungu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-12, 09:45 PM   #11
Newcomer
thanks bro
u r the best!!!!!!
nokid145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-12, 07:04 AM   #12
Newcomer
I've done the fix, but I lose my save if I restart Smartsteam or my computer. I suspect it's because Smartsteam keeps syncing to the cloud and wiping all my data when closed, but I don't know where to fully disable syncing. I've switched it off in Settings > Downloads + Cloud > Steam Cloud but I can see it sync every time I close Smartsteam.

I'm not sure what the problem is any more, could someone help?

EDIT: I am absolutely balls retarded. Steam Cloud had to be enabled, not disabled. Never mind, got it working.

Last edited by mileavis; 06-25-12 at 04:59 AM.
mileavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-13, 02:57 AM   #13
Newcomer
I have found a fix for when save games sometimes get corrupted after restarting Smart Steam. The actual saves are still intact but there are two files in the savegame directory that are the problem.

Backup the .sr3s_pc files in the savegame directory, which is in Steam's userdata directory. These are your saved games. Now delete the savedir.sr3d_pc and sr3def_profile files in this directory. Start the game and select start new game, then save the game. This creates new savedir and sr3def files as well as a new save file sr3save_00.sr3s_pc. Delete this and rename the save file you want to play to sr3save_00.sr3s_pc, then start the game and select to load the save. It will say no missions have been played on this save but if you load it you will see it is your savegame you were not able to load before :)

Last edited by underdoug; 08-21-13 at 02:59 AM.
underdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-13, 02:05 AM   #14
Newcomer
Default I need help 2...

I have installed SR3 and done all the things above (I have w7) but when I want to login to smart steam it says ''COuld not connect to steam network. This could be due to a problem with you internet connection , or with the steam network...'' why? :SS my internet connection is workin
hrca695 is offline   Reply With Quote