> >

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 01-20-08, 03:41 PM   #1
Newcomer
Default Convert MKV to DVD without losing the HD resolution

Is there a program out there that will take an MKV file and convert it to DVD without changing the resolution to 720x480 (old school dvd). All im looking for is something like convertxtodvd but instead of changing the resolution to 720x480 i want the mkvs original resolution 1280x720 or 1920x1080 as the output, is this possible? i have a blu - ray player so it can handle these high resolutions, just cant find a converter that will output an MKV any resolution other than 720x480. thx for any feed back
Old 01-21-08, 03:25 AM   #2
Global Moderator

Default Re: Convert MKV to DVD without losing the HD resolution

Quote: Originally Posted by SiccMade11 View Post
Is there a program out there that will take an MKV file and convert it to DVD without changing the resolution to 720x480 (old school dvd). All im looking for is something like convertxtodvd but instead of changing the resolution to 720x480 i want the mkvs original resolution 1280x720 or 1920x1080 as the output, is this possible? i have a blu - ray player so it can handle these high resolutions, just cant find a converter that will output an MKV any resolution other than 720x480. thx for any feed back
Though I'm not so sure I get your point 100% here, "mkv2vob" (freeware) could possibly be an alternative.

Please check the following link out for detailed info.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=131782
Old 01-21-08, 05:09 AM   #3
Newcomer

hm i've tried this prog too and it compeltes then starts spamming over and over file overflow too large.. i swear i am doomed to fine a convert than will take an MKV and convert it to video_ts and keep original resolution
Old 01-21-08, 05:34 AM   #4
Global Moderator

hm i've tried this prog too and it compeltes then starts spamming over and over file overflow too large.. i swear i am doomed to fine a convert than will take an MKV and convert it to video_ts and keep original resolution
As we speak, there's no other app that can convert HD material to vob file without resolution change. What I can only assure you of, is that this program works and furthermore I bet you haven't tried that hard (needs experimentation) and/or you didn't take the time to read through this whole thread. Am I right dear SiccMade11?

Last edited by tpAVm; 01-21-08 at 06:21 AM.
Old 01-21-08, 05:30 PM   #5
Newcomer

i believe u about no program out there than will convert mkv to vob without changing resolution but i just did what mkvtovob says to do and after 100 percent it spams overflow ill keep working with it i guess, does mkvtovob convert without changing to resolution?

well it finished and also changed res to 720x480 i give up for now until someone comes up wiht a converter that actually lets u choose ur outpuit resolution

Last edited by SiccMade11; 01-21-08 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-22-08, 06:50 AM   #6
Global Moderator

i believe u about no program out there than will convert mkv to vob without changing resolution but i just did what mkvtovob says to do and after 100 percent it spams overflow ill keep working with it i guess, does mkvtovob convert without changing to resolution?

well it finished and also changed res to 720x480 i give up for now until someone comes up wiht a converter that actually lets u choose ur outpuit resolution
1. No resolution change at all.
2. Reencoding to other format might occur (if "automatic" is selected) because this app was initially designed to convert HD movies for PS3 playback. As said previously, let the program work and, if you didn't do this already, please read out CAREFULLY the post found in doom9 (all pages). Everything you need to know is there waiting!

Cheers
Old 01-22-08, 10:37 AM   #7
Newcomer

maybe i didnt make it clear that im not tryin to play back on ps3, but just a normal blu-ray player. but i did not slelect automatic and the output file was .vob which is good but the resolution was changed to 720x480.
Old 06-07-08, 07:40 PM   #8
Novice

i tried this method and it worked for m
]http://www.bitburners.com/articles/convert-mkv-files-to-blu-ray-or-avchd-for-playstation-3-using-tsmuxer/4019/
i use a Blu Ray ROM in my PC and it worked fine, and it also worked at a friends PS3, try it on ur standalone BR Player and let us know if it works it takes around 10 minutes to do the whole thing. resolution stays the sam
Old 08-26-08, 04:42 AM   #9
Novice

edit*

I have found VOB to be generally flaky on the PS3.

AVCHD is much more stable and less fussy over media.
Go ripbot264 ftw!

Last edited by bingobongo7713; 08-26-08 at 08:39 AM. Reason: n00b problem that I've solved thanks to this site using the search function.
Closed Thread