> >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-10, 04:17 AM   #1
Newcomer
Default Difference between genuine and pirated Windows 7

I'm about to buy a new computer, and was thinking of getting the new Windows. Thing is, it's so expensive and I only have a limited budget. I would rather spend the money on a better processor and GPU. What exactly do you lose when you use a pirated copy of Windows 7? I expect the extra freebies will need validation so I wont be able to download those, but are they really significant? Will Microsoft drop some kind of annoying notification every 5 minutes?
Old 03-25-10, 05:43 AM   #2
Novice

Default Re: Difference between genuine and pirated Windows 7

the difference is u pay for original and u download for the free ones.
the good and the bad is the original is real and the fake one is fake.
M17x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 06:14 AM   #3
Newcomer

The fake one is a lot less stable and is more susceptible to virus attacks than the real one. You can easily fix it by purchasing a good anti-virus program or downloading a good one.
EugeneChang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 07:02 AM   #4
Apprentice

You can download OEM versions of windows 7 ( I recommend 64bit ). There is one from february, not much updating needed, no activation or crack needed. I don't think that there is any difference between to genuine and the pirated version, except the price.
Dante2070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 07:03 AM   #5
Master

If its a normal pirated version without some malware inside it then the only difference are updates and the price.

I dont agree with stability, my friend got real 7, i got pirated one and he had 1 problem already, i had none. (ok this dont prooves pirated > real but i think it prooves that the pirated version got the same stability)

Oh and maybe that if M$ can figuire out that you have pirated one, problems could come...
srs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 07:45 AM   #6
Legen...Wait for it..Dary

As long as you get an UNTOUCHED version of windows 7....then there will be no difference between a pirated version and the retail version....As for updates...Yes you can get updates with a pirated version of Windows 7, but you have to be a bit careful when doing so...For example...recently Microsoft put out a windows authentication update....if you were using a pirated version, and installed this update then your copy would be identified as pirated and you would need to take steps to work around to get it back to genuine...However if you didn't install the update you would be fine....Based on my own personal experience I would say save your money and get a version here....If you wish to do updates set windows to "Check for updates but ask if you want to install them"....that way you will be able to make sure of what updates are going on your computer and can make sure to not install anything that might identify your copy as pirated....for further news of future potential updates that you need to be worried about i say just keep checking the site here....we have great members that keep us well informed
skylinegtrv98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 09:16 AM   #7
Master

As for updates, i am sure that every update check the authentication, even if it dont inform you right away, so i would better wait for pirated sp to be sure, 7 dont really depend on updates anyway. (at the moment)
srs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 09:49 AM   #8
Newcomer

Quote: Originally Posted by EugeneChang View Post
The fake one is a lot less stable and is more susceptible to virus attacks than the real one. You can easily fix it by purchasing a good anti-virus program or downloading a good one.
Source?

Reason being is that there are thousands of different Windows 7 rips, some edited, some not. Some just the standard disk. I find it impossible that every single pirated version is unstable and virus friendly.

I've never had any problems.
>pirated Windows 7 with RemoveWAT.

Last edited by Gossamer; 03-25-10 at 09:51 AM.
Gossamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 10:12 AM   #9
No kitty! bad kitty!!!

I bought Windows 7 Ultimate X64 license, installed clean official Windows 7, all updates, used anti virus, firewall etc...and someone still did make to steal my license and my key got blacklisted from Microsoft. So much of legal windows being safer then pirated version. :)

As for stability..Windows 7 is perfectly stable pirated or not, at least for me.
Mbbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 11:37 AM   #10
Apprentice

Quote: Originally Posted by EugeneChang View Post
If you install a good version of 'fake' windows (I would not call it fake), you needn't to worry about anything at all. For instance, download some full Win7 version (no rip or 'special' edition or whatever else there is; just clean Windows 7 installation as they are sold in the stores - you can find dozens of these versions here on the forum) and apply OEM activation - it's not really a crack, just a subtle tool. It makes your version to be exactly the same as the valid one. It definitely is NOT less stable or more susceptible to virus attacks. I do not know where the guy dug that up, maybe he has experiences with the bad versions.

With OEM activation, you don't even have to worry about updates, which can potentially disable other fake versions (mostly those rips). No one will tell your version from another one, which was bought from manufacturer together with the computer, except, of course, you won't have the fancy label on the back side of your PC.

Suit yourself; I would go for better equipment as Microsoft is rich enough.

Last edited by snypy; 03-25-10 at 11:40 AM.
snypy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 12:47 PM   #11
Apprentice

The difference is a thinner wallet.
FreddyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 12:56 PM   #12

The only difference is that genuine is legal and pirated is not.
Coup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 01:02 PM   #13
Expert

There are some solid versions of Vista (yes, not Win 7 as in OP) and they can update perfectly and have no problems. I am sure there could be some versions of Win 7 out there like this too, perhaps.

It's easy to find untouched ISOs of Win 7 (see sig) but you still need a key. Pirated keys can be found all over the web, but you might find it cheaper to buy an OEM key or similar than retail boxed editions if you do go legitimate.

Alternatively, many colleges and universities offer such schemes to students and you might be able to get a legitimate copy very cheap or even free from there, if you know someone or have access to such resources.
nethaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 01:33 AM   #14
Newcomer

Thanks everyone!

Quote: Originally Posted by snypy View Post
If you install a good version of 'fake' windows (I would not call it fake), you needn't to worry about anything at all. For instance, download some full Win7 version (no rip or 'special' edition or whatever else there is; just clean Windows 7 installation as they are sold in the stores - you can find dozens of these versions here on the forum) and apply OEM activation - it's not really a crack, just a subtle tool. It makes your version to be exactly the same as the valid one. It definitely is NOT less stable or more susceptible to virus attacks. I do not know where the guy dug that up, maybe he has experiences with the bad versions.

With OEM activation, you don't even have to worry about updates, which can potentially disable other fake versions (mostly those rips). No one will tell your version from another one, which was bought from manufacturer together with the computer, except, of course, you won't have the fancy label on the back side of your PC.

Suit yourself; I would go for better equipment as Microsoft is rich enough.
What do you mean by OEM activation? Do you mean to purchase a OEM key and activate it using that?

Quote: Originally Posted by nethaste View Post
There are some solid versions of Vista (yes, not Win 7 as in OP) and they can update perfectly and have no problems. I am sure there could be some versions of Win 7 out there like this too, perhaps.

It's easy to find untouched ISOs of Win 7 (see sig) but you still need a key. Pirated keys can be found all over the web, but you might find it cheaper to buy an OEM key or similar than retail boxed editions if you do go legitimate.

Alternatively, many colleges and universities offer such schemes to students and you might be able to get a legitimate copy very cheap or even free from there, if you know someone or have access to such resources.
I'm downloading the version from your sig. That's an ISO so I can simply burn it onto a DVD and it's bootable right? so I should get a CD-key from somewhere before installing it? (without a key I will not be able to use Windows 7 AT ALL right?)
hurmm is offline   Reply With Quote