> >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-11, 01:22 PM   #1
Novice
Default Filesonic advice?

Hi, everyone! :) I'm new to Filesonic and it's giving me a bit of trouble, I'm hoping the amazing experts here can give me a bit of advice...

I use Firefox's "Downthemall" plugin to download things, and it usually works well enough, but when I'm downloading from Filesonic it'll get to 70 or 80 percent and just stop - the file becomes a 1KB text file saying "Link has expired". This happens over and over again, mostly with files that are larger than, say, 100-200 MB, and it's just a huge waste of resources on my part. I've tried using direct links, I've tried importing them from text files, it seems to happen entirely at random.

My question is: am I doing something wrong? Flashget doesn't seem to work with Filesonic at all and I can't stand JDownloader, so I'm really hoping there's a solution here... or is this just a general problem with the service and I should've gotten an account elsewhere?
Old 03-09-11, 02:45 PM   #2
Untouchable

Following info based on former assumption you don't have an account. If however you have an account (as it seems by your last statement), it may be an incompatibility with the DL manager, and it may be best to contact the host to find an answer.

Is there a limit to the maximum amount of data you can DL as a free user?
I know some hosts limit data to 200MB for non premium members, and any file over that size just crashes/freezes. The same way you described.
I prefer to pay for premium than waste my DL cap, it's so much easier if you can afford the account fee.

Last edited by Gandolph13; 03-09-11 at 02:48 PM.
Gandolph13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-11, 01:01 AM   #3
Bad command or file name

There are two filesize limits for Filesonic. It's stupid, but files from some uploaders are allowed to be up to 1GB, other uploaders only 400MB. Since both are well above his problem area, I'd say there's another problem here, like a flaky connection between the OP and Filesonic. Preferences as to which hosting site to download from vary greatly based on geographical location, so kryptonite786's suggestion of Netload may or may not work well in your area, much the same as Filesonic.
Noledox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-11, 02:10 AM   #4
Novice

i've said it before and i'll say it again. for downloaders who want to stay on the cheap, give rpnet a go. if you don't like it you're only out 8 bucks.
i_like_streaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-11, 12:50 AM   #5
Bad command or file name

Quote: Originally Posted by chesire View Post
RPNET and JDownloader goes against to many relevant agendas in warez..those being free content and file hosts that have less wait. Same with DLC containers..

I have too much data showing it to believe otherwise..
JDownloader goes against warez agendas? Did you mean FileSonic?
Old 03-11-11, 06:21 AM   #6
Novice
Well... first off, thanks to everyone for replying.

Let me be more specific: I have a premium Filesonic account. I don't have much trouble downloading smaller files, or even larger ones, using DownThemAll (and even then, it wouldn't be my first choice - I prefer Flashget, but it doesn't seem to work at _all_ with Filesonic).

My problem is that with some files, I'll get 70-80 percent of the file and it just disappears, as though the download's complete. And all I get is a 1KB text file with the aforementioned message ("Link has expired")

What I'm really looking for here is some technical advice on how to work around this problem, not what other programs/services I _should_ be using instead...
dianakingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-11, 10:55 AM   #7
Newcomer
Quote: Originally Posted by dianakingston View Post

Let me be more specific: I have a premium Filesonic account. I don't have much trouble downloading smaller files, or even larger ones, using DownThemAll (and even then, it wouldn't be my first choice - I prefer Flashget, but it doesn't seem to work at _all_ with Filesonic).

My problem is that with some files, I'll get 70-80 percent of the file and it just disappears, as though the download's complete. And all I get is a 1KB text file with the aforementioned message ("Link has expired")

What I'm really looking for here is some technical advice on how to work around this problem, not what other programs/services I _should_ be using instead...
Is this happening only with Filesonic or you are experience the same problem in other filesharing sites ?

Try to download larger files (problem size for you + 200 MB files) from other sites like duckload, megaupload, hotfile etc.

It may be you have problem with your internet connection, perhaps a chat with your ISP may solve all your troubles.
ClarkKentKalEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-11, 11:54 PM   #8
Bad command or file name

Quote: Originally Posted by dianakingston View Post

If you try to download the file again, do you get 70-80% again, or do you get the message immediately? I recently found a file that immediately gave me that message, no matter how I downloaded the file. I assumed the file had expired (i.e. been deleted from the server).
Old 03-31-11, 08:11 PM   #9
Newcomer
I've the same problem.
I am a Filesonic premium member.
And usually failed with a file only contain "Link has expired".
I also have a premium hotfile account, run smoothly with Firefox's "Downthemall".
I've emailed to filesonic and got no reply.
wjw99999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-11, 06:43 AM   #10
Newcomer
Yes, the same problem here, generally for large files. :(
Segmajom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-11, 02:59 PM   #11
Newcomer
filesonic doesn't play well with download managers because and filesonic support specifically recommend jdownloader (cross-platform , open source, java-based download manager ) , i have a premium account and been using jdownloader , i throw the links(just downloaded 4.3gb single link) and JD does the rest , i recommend you give it a try,,,
thank you
abjdiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-12, 04:37 PM   #12
Newcomer
I've solved the same problem with IDM's newest version.
Logged out from filesonic on firefox, found a working filesonic link, did a left click, selected "Download with IDM", and IDM renewed the link automatically.

I've tested it using "6.07 Build 16".
Conspicuous57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-12, 05:41 AM   #13
Newcomer
JDownloader! i hadnt heard of it before i got the recommendation and now i wouldnt change!

Efficient and easy to use! if you have a premium account with filesonic what are you thinking using a browser download config!? JDownloader grabs the links from your clipboard and checks online availability itself, but its ur call!!

I would recommend giving it ago.. its free and imo great! See how you get on

Last edited by AndrewJ41; 01-09-12 at 05:46 AM.
AndrewJ41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-12, 08:54 AM   #14
Newcomer
Use the latest version of Internet Download Manager (IDM), and check out the how to download from filesonic from IDM website. They have given the detail instructions. If you are a premium member of Filesonic, it will be much easier. Just have a look.
naocha is offline   Reply With Quote