> >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-08, 04:30 PM   #1
Apprentice

Default question for nLite masters here - this will help the community!

I generally spend most of my time in the Movie section here. I see A LOT of people with AV problems (codecs & low quality apps). They can't get files to play correctly, transcode, unpack etc. Some of this stuff is confusing for the average TP member, myself included.

I've spoken to one of the widely respected AV gurus & moderator here, who spends a lot of time helping people get the right setup for their AV files. (tpAVm) I have his blessing on this post BTW, so here's the question;

is this possible to incorporate into an nLite XP PRO SP3 install?

Quote:
Install ALL the apps mentioned below in the EXACT following order (install one by one and remember to reboot each and every time):

1. Haali Media Splitter, 2. CoreAvc Pro v1.5 or 1.6, 3. Sonic Cineplayer HD DVD decoder, 4. ffdshow ("rev1732_20071228_clsid_sse_icl10" tryout is proved to be rock solid. Disable all codecs except "raw video". This should be set in "all supported". In the "Output" field, check only "YV12" if your OS is XP SP2 or "NV12" for Vista. Leave grayed the "Set pixel aspect ratio in output media type" & "Allow output format changes during playback". Go to the "Decoder options" tab and make sure you check only "Autodetect", "Drop frame on delay" and "Skip H264" deblocking on delay". Don't touch the originally set values of these last two options) 5. WMP11 (if it's not already installed), 6. AC3Filter v1.46 (remember to configure it as by my tutorial found stickied below this one), 7. Xvid decoder v1.1.3, 8. MeGUI (before continuing, run it once and select yes when ask to update itself. Remember also to chose all available profiles to insert when you'll be asked for), 9. MainConcept Reference (the one of my post, not the portable edition), 10. PowerDVD v.3104 or 3319a, 11. Nero 7 Ultra (latest version), 12. Avisynth v2.57, 13. Download "Graphedit", copy paste the "Dump.ax" into you windows - "system 32" folder and have it registered and finally 14. DirectVodSub. You need it for watching subtitles (and not only for this).
You might be confused already as for the reason you need all the above to be installed even though you probably don't plan to use them. The answer is very simple. All the above mentioned programs are contributing their DirectShow decoders, filters and splitters so you be able to playback or transcode almost any type of widely used AV formats.

Install mkvtoolnix (LATEST version).

Reboot
I will edit this in any way if tpAVm should think it needs to be changed, but this is basically a quote from the
Intro To: Playback - Decrypt - Demultiplex - Encode - Multiplex HD DVD & BD Movies thread, bottom of page 2.

This is a tutorial on how to build an advanced, high quality, rock solid AV setup, which is able to play most kinds of known audio and video streams.

thanks in advance!

Last edited by tpAVm; 05-16-08 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Fixed typo
Old 05-16-08, 05:51 PM   #2
Global Moderator

Default Re: question for nLite masters here - this will help the community!

CoreAVc latest version is 1.7.0 now.
FFDShow current version is 1943. Dld link:
http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=4528&s=50
Furthermore, I should add that MKVextract is very useful to be installed in your system too.
tpAVm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-08, 07:33 PM   #3
Elite

A couple of those apps you can find already at nlites forum. They are self extracting CAB files. the only problem is they cannot post cracked software so all the stuff posted is a trial version that you have to go through and activate after install.
They also have a couple apps to make your own program CAB files that will slipstream in with nlite. I haven't tried that yet.
I usually slipstream in the freeware apps (Firefox, hjsplit etc.) then create a folder that appears on the desktop at install with all my other program installers. That way after XP installs all my apps, keys etc. are all in a desktop folder ready to go.

Another alternative would be to install XP,update it, install all your programs then clone your HDD to another hard drive. That way next reformat you just clone it back and add the new updates.
elitists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-08, 09:03 PM   #4
Apprentice

Quote: Originally Posted by elitists View Post

Another alternative would be to install XP,update it, install all your programs then clone your HDD to another hard drive. That way next reformat you just clone it back and add the new updates.
I understand, the only problem with this is that it couldn't be distributed among all our members who wanted it. The clone/ghost image would need to be used with similar hardware.

thanks for clearing up a few things. It sounds like this may actually be possible, just a lot of work.
kenrippy is offline   Reply With Quote