> >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-12, 02:14 PM   #1
Newcomer
Emoticon Unhappy Rapidgator Terrible Service

I' ve signed for a Rapidgator account a few days ago. After not beeing able to renew my Netload subscription due to the weird payment methods they are using now, Rapidgator looked the way to go, because of the amount of topics here that use this service. What a deception. I was not able to download a single file. Tried big ones, small ones, from other forums. No success. Wrote to their support and they asked me to try other download managers, since I use JDownloader. Tried Mipony and IDM, sugested by them. Nothing. The connections are interrupted after a few seconds.
I believe that they dropped paypal because they have to answer to nobody doing so. I asked for my money back and they said "No refunds". This is ridiculous. The service was inexistant, the solution they sugested was inefective and they refuse to refund. What should I do? Well, at least this: let people know. STAY AWAY FROM RAPIDGATOR
Old 10-01-12, 02:32 PM   #2
Master

Rapidgator sucks. 220~350kbps max speed (premium user).
tropaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-12, 03:29 PM   #3
Apprentice

Man, here I am, thinking I was the only one with bad experience with Rapidgator. Good to know it is not me.

I have horrible speed with Rapidgator and would get disconnected without reasons...
crag.castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-12, 03:31 PM   #4
Elite

I use firefox and I can't use rapidgator with it. I have to use another browser like IE.
usiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-12, 03:41 PM   #5
Illuminati Member

That is really odd. I have not had a problem in the past 29 days. Great speeds, using jdownloader. At the beginning jdownloader would loose authorization for rapidgator. But that problem vanished after 3 days. Been clear sailing since. Only think I don't like is the 15g limit per day.
dormin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-12, 04:03 PM   #6
d(-_-)b

Quote: Originally Posted by dormin View Post
That is really odd. I have not had a problem in the past 29 days. Great speeds, using jdownloader. At the beginning jdownloader would loose authorization for rapidgator. But that problem vanished after 3 days. Been clear sailing since. Only think I don't like is the 15g limit per day.
Hurray I agree with you on this one! I havnt had any speed problems with RG at all. Sometimes if I try to dl too much at once it will say aborted but you just hav eto go and re enable it. The only problem I have with them is that there is no way to cancel your subscription, and its on auto renewal. Ive sent emails and they still charge me, which is pissing me off
ndemars18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-12, 05:08 PM   #7
Illuminati Member

Quote: Originally Posted by ndemars18 View Post
Hurray I agree with you on this one! I havnt had any speed problems with RG at all. Sometimes if I try to dl too much at once it will say aborted but you just hav eto go and re enable it. The only problem I have with them is that there is no way to cancel your subscription, and its on auto renewal. Ive sent emails and they still charge me, which is pissing me off
I paid via paypal and I can cancel the auto renewal that way. I check after every purchase and turn off any recurring charges. I wish they would ask before assuming you want them on a monthly basis
dormin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-12, 05:21 PM   #8
Master

Quote: Originally Posted by ndemars18 View Post
Frequently Asked Questions (rapidgator):
Q. "My Premium account was automatically rebilled, but i don't want this to happen, what should i do?
A. You can remove automated rebills in your profile setting. After that, next subscription period won't be automatically prolongated.

Rapidgator.net>My account>Profile>Modify account settings>Other>Disable "Subscribe to a recurring payment"
Very..."simple"

Last edited by tropaR; 10-01-12 at 05:24 PM.
tropaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-12, 03:40 PM   #9
Master
I have had to switch to RG because I couldn't renew my Netload sub as well. But I have had the opposite experience many of you have had. I only download one file at a time anyway so the speed hasn't been an issue for me. It has been on average 900 kbps and up for me. Sometimes it goes to 2.0 megs and my downloads finish really quick. I use IDM as I have been experiencing JDownloader issues for every service including Netload and Depositfiles. My only complaint for Rapidgator is that I can't queue up a whole series of files in IDM because they don't use direct downloads. I have to add each file individually to my IDM queue instead of batch downloading.
death4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-12, 08:40 PM   #10
Newcomer
I get terrible speeds on Rapidgator too. I get close to 5megs/s on Netload and I'm lucky to get 700kb/s on Rapidgator.
nobodyblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-12, 10:04 PM   #11
Too sexy for this board

Some times its great, sometimes it sucks, I think with the far superior alternatives, most users could do much better than rg
SteveJones7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-12, 04:30 PM   #12
Novice

Purchased a rapidgator account today, but now the site don't load. SMH
LOGIC30X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-12, 02:39 PM   #13
Newcomer
I'm also having trouble accessing the site today.
Yet if I go through a proxy, no problems.

What gives??
bakerboy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-12, 09:07 PM   #14
Novice
Quote: Originally Posted by bakerboy44 View Post
I'm also having trouble accessing the site today.
Yet if I go through a proxy, no problems.
I am in the USA, and confirming the same issue. Going through a proxy worked for me as well. Maybe they're blocking US IPs...
c808 is offline   Reply With Quote