> > >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-11, 04:12 PM   #1
Newcomer
Default Having issues with neogamma r9 b50 d2x56v6 249/GCBL v.02 wont load gamecube backups.

I am having an issue as of recently since I revirgined my 2007 4.1U wii. I was able to play gc backups including multi iso gc backups as well. I re-softmodded my wii using the modmii program so I could have the latest ios's and patches. Now I am having issues with playing gc backups. I have searched online to try to find a solution and everyone/site etc... give a million and one ways to do 1 thing. Thing is alot of them make assumption or leave out certain aspects/steps in assuming the user knows a step or a step should be known without saying.

Whenever I try to use neogamma I recieve a (03023a00) disc id, drive too new for DVD-R's error. Thing is before virgining my wii and updating by re-softmodding the systems, my gc backups worked fine. When i use gcbl v.02 i get a DVD 263 error.
I installed; installer for wiigators cMIOS on ios 36 and installed mios v.10 patched. for homebrew and backups on revision 65535.

To sum things up I basically just want my 2007 wii (btw can read backup disc, and it shows that dvdx is infact installed) to be able to play backups again. I mean i like using the usb for my wii games, but for the gamecube since you cannot use usb i cannot play any of my games.

I also saw the twilight versions and the versions that require a memory card etc.. Thing is I dont own a copy of twlight nor a gamecube memory card, and before i revirgined my wii. I had gcbl working fine and I never set it up using either one of those methods.

I'll post my syschex hoping someone may be able to spot the problem and help me resolve this issue if needed.
Old 12-19-11, 10:42 AM   #2
Newcomer
there is another cios u need to install to enable game cube backups. search this, and use the NUS downloader to download the cios. I can't remember the name of the cios or i would tell u.

edit: found it in my files. Search this: WGCHL-022.zip This has everything u need.

Last edited by jasonp2506; 12-19-11 at 10:45 AM.
jasonp2506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-11, 08:41 PM   #3
Novice
Well, for NeoGamma r9 b50 to work correctly, you need d2x cIOS base of 56 installed to IOS249. It looks like you have that covered. For NoeGamma to play gamecube backups, you need a cMIOS installed. You should be using the cMIOS installer that WiiPower has provided. Here is a link to a good guide to get the cMIOS installed.

http://www.hacksden.com/showthread.php/287-Guide-Play-Gamecube-backups-on-your-Wii
sickpuppy1 is offline   Reply With Quote