> > >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-09, 12:02 AM   #1
Newcomer
Default My PSP wont read the games in the memory stick folder. Help.

I have psp firmware 5.00 M33-6 and I put my games into the iso folder on my memory cards root, like I always do. And recently it keeps on losing those games! Ill ba able to see the games every once in a while for some reason but after I quit the game and go back to my PSPs XMB and go to memory stick, it says "no games found". Ive formatted the memory card and that worked but after I quit the game, they were all gone. I also did the whole Hold R at restart and flash thing, but no luck. Any help or Ideas would be great. Do you think it may be this version of the custom firmware maby? Idk. Thanks Guys.
Old 06-07-09, 12:44 AM   #2
Apprentice
Default Re: My PSP wont read the games in the memory stick folder. Help.

So did it work before you upgraded to 5.00m33?
undergroundH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-09, 02:08 AM   #3
Apprentice

What kind of memory card do you have? is it genuine or fake? have you tried with another memory card?
irthelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-09, 08:48 AM   #4
Newcomer

You need to check whether your PSP memory stick is fake. Go to - let's say the music section - have the memory stick icon highlightes and press /\ then click on information. There should be some information where you would be able to see a MAGICGATE bit. If it says unknown then it's fake. If it's supported then it's a genuine memory stick.
If you so find that it is fake then you would be expecting problems like that. Best hope is just to buy a real one from the shops.
swift00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-09, 11:31 AM   #5
Newcomer

hey there it might just be that your memorystick is fake.
I had a fake one and i wouldn't run games i fixed it by taking the memoy stick out and putting it back in many times until my games showed up.

if the game just won't run try this.
1.turn on your psp
2.press select
3.highlight UMD ISO MODE
4.Press right on the d-pad until it says sony np9660
5.press exit
6.run the game and have fun

Last edited by speed101; 06-07-09 at 11:35 AM.
speed101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-09, 05:43 PM   #6
Newcomer

If they appear sometimes and then not others it's going to be a memory card related issue as stated above.
PurpleHaze420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-09, 03:09 AM   #7
Newcomer

I agree with the comments about a bad MemoryStick.

I have modded 60+ PSP's (for some extra $$$) using several different CFW's and the only time I have seen this is when the MemoryStick is bad or fake.

Do yourself a favor and buy a real MemoryStick. If it's a cost vs. storage space thing, check out the PhotoFast microSDHC/MemoryStick adapter. You can get up to 32gb with this and I have not seen any issues yet.
jasonpdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-09, 06:41 PM   #8
Newcomer

I don't know about the bad memory stick but I think that this is a common problem with Rock Band Unplugged. I think it messes with the Games folder and makes the PSP not be able to see it to find the other isos
zigowalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-09, 02:53 AM   #9
Newcomer

I also remember hearing something about latest games messing with ISO game files, but I also do believe the problem was resolved in one of the patches to 5.00 M33. So it really must be the card.
ibis_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-09, 02:11 PM   #10
Newcomer

I have got this problem with one of the games i am playing. It deletes the GAME folder when you finish playing the game. It a problem with cfw on the phat psp. Does not happen on a slim psp. Finish your game then plug psp into pc and look for the Game folder, if it is missing then create it and you will find all games reappear.
dirtydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-09, 01:14 AM   #11
Newcomer

U R right what happened to me it's similar, but the problem began as soon I convert my ISO in to CSO in order to gain some space. As soon I delete the file on my psp, It went back to normal, and the games show up. So just check for a fake MS or a bad game that it's messing w/ Ur PSP.
regus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-09, 10:09 PM   #12
Newcomer

Quote: Originally Posted by zigowalski View Post
I don't know about the bad memory stick but I think that this is a common problem with Rock Band Unplugged. I think it messes with the Games folder and makes the PSP not be able to see it to find the other isos
I Have download Rock Band Unplugged an then dats wen it did start all the problems i could not put games in my memory stick. do u know how can i fix dat??
daband23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-09, 08:40 AM   #13
Newcomer

I Have download Rock Band Unplugged an then dats wen it did start all the problems i could not put games in my memory stick. do u know how can i fix dat??
daband23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-09, 05:49 PM   #14
Newcomer

I was just about to insist on Rock Band Unplugged. When it was first released it was noted that if you do not have a random dummy file in your "GAME" folder (like a blank text file) that every time you boot the game it deletes what is in your game folder. Very odd and I forget whether it happens/happened with any other game. What I did to be safe? In both my "ISO" and "GAME" folder I created a blank .txt document with nothing written in it and just saved the empty .txt file to both "ISO" and "GAME" and simply named it "blank.txt". And that small change was enough to avoid any issues from the game in the future
adamWHAT is offline   Reply With Quote