> > >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-10, 07:31 PM   #29
Newcomer
Default Re: Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands freezing problem

Quote: Originally Posted by xloadingx View Post
Hi

It sound to me like that one as had its main.dol patch so should just work with cfg usbloader
It may be another setting as the patch is only to stop the game freezing if you cant get to the main menu try changing some of the setting in cfg usbloader.

let me know how you get on

xloadingx

ps:I run it with default setting in cfg usbloader
MY Set up
pal wii 4.2e
cios249/250v19 cios222/223v4
cfg usb loader v57a

I'm running NTSC 4.2u
cios Waninkoko's 249 v17 and Herme's 222/223 v4
Configurable USB Loader 57b-222 (This update even stated it has Prince of Persia patch)

What else? Well, i've performed the Trucha Bug Restorer and obviously I have HBC installed (1.0.6 I think it is). I have StartPatch Mod installed, but I only have like 2 or 3 options in it turned on.

I tried running everything Default as you said and tried the settings that ssj2vegitto36 posted and I also tried several different combinations of settings, nothing worked. I have tried this with the .iso hippyfreak last posted, the one where he states it has been fixed for us softmodders, I also got lightyear's .iso again and tried it.

A couple of you all have said load using cios 249, I cannot load any game at all with 249 using Configurable USB Loader, the system just freezes. I'm pretty sure 249 is what I use with USB Loader GX though.

With that said, any ideas what I need to do?
ucyifly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-10, 11:15 PM   #30
Newcomer

Quote: Originally Posted by ucyifly View Post
I'm running NTSC 4.2u
cios Waninkoko's 249 v17 and Herme's 222/223 v4
Configurable USB Loader 57b-222 (This update even stated it has Prince of Persia patch)

What else? Well, i've performed the Trucha Bug Restorer and obviously I have HBC installed (1.0.6 I think it is). I have StartPatch Mod installed, but I only have like 2 or 3 options in it turned on.

I tried running everything Default as you said and tried the settings that ssj2vegitto36 posted and I also tried several different combinations of settings, nothing worked. I have tried this with the .iso hippyfreak last posted, the one where he states it has been fixed for us softmodders, I also got lightyear's .iso again and tried it.

A couple of you all have said load using cios 249, I cannot load any game at all with 249 using Configurable USB Loader, the system just freezes. I'm pretty sure 249 is what I use with USB Loader GX though.

With that said, any ideas what I need to do?
Hi the only differences I can see is you have cios Waninkoko's 249 v17 but that shouldn't make a difference (i know people who have it working with v17)and I use cfg usbloader with cios 249v19 and you use cios222.
How is you usb hdd formatted fat32/ntfs/wbfs
Just found this at gbatemp posted by Dr Clipper
Quote:
PoP won't work if you are patching the game in any way apart from the PoP patch. Thus, do not set any of the options on in the per_game options (Write Play Log is OK, though), disable the DVD check patch if you are using IOS222 (this patch is only applied for IOS222 and IOS249 rev12 or less), do not use the return_to_channel option in config.txt and do not have a .wip file for PoP in the USB-Loader directory (as .wip processing is broken in 57b4).
So find your config.txt file for cfg usbloader and open it and find the line
disable_dvd_patch= 0 and change the 0 to1
And see if that help if not I'm all out of ideas

xloadingx
xloadingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-10, 12:20 AM   #31
Newcomer

How is you usb hdd formatted fat32/ntfs/wbfs
Just found this at gbatemp posted by Dr Clipper

So find your config.txt file for cfg usbloader and open it and find the line
disable_dvd_patch= 0 and change the 0 to1
And see if that help if not I'm all out of ideas

xloadingx

I have my hdd formatted with the WBFS file system. Also, if it matters, I use WBFS Manager 2.5 to load all of my .iso files onto the hdd which converts them automatically to WBFS files. That shouldn't matter though, I have many games, and they all work just fine. Pop and CSI Deadly Intent are the only 2 I cannot get to work.

As for the config, that line (disable_dvd_patch= 0) isn't even present in my config.txt file.

Btw, I was mistaken, I am using 222 in USB Loader GX as well. 249 does NOT work to load any game in either of the loaders. I wonder why you all can use 249 and I cannot use it?

I put the installer for 249 rev19 and the installer for 202/222/223/224 v5 on my SD card. Should I upgrade to those or keep what I have (249 rev 17 & 222/223 v4)?

Maybe I need a different .iso. I am currently trying to use the newest one that hippyfreak himself uploaded, the one that says it's patched for softmodders. So perhaps the patch it was fixed with is conflicting with whatever the patch that my CFG USB Loader contains. Perhaps I could downgrade my CFG USB Loader to the version prior to the one I have now.

Last edited by ucyifly; 05-25-10 at 12:31 AM.
Old 05-25-10, 01:04 AM   #32
Newcomer

I have my hdd formatted with the WBFS file system. Also, if it matters, I use WBFS Manager 2.5 to load all of my .iso files onto the hdd which converts them automatically to WBFS files. That shouldn't matter though, I have many games, and they all work just fine. Pop and CSI Deadly Intent are the only 2 I cannot get to work.

As for the config, that line (disable_dvd_patch= 0) isn't even present in my config.txt file.

Btw, I was mistaken, I am using 222 in USB Loader GX as well. 249 does NOT work to load any game in either of the loaders. I wonder why you all can use 249 and I cannot use it?

I put the installer for 249 rev19 and the installer for 202/222/223/224 v5 on my SD card. Should I upgrade to those or keep what I have (249 rev 17 & 222/223 v4)?

Maybe I need a different .iso. I am currently trying to use the newest one that hippyfreak himself uploaded, the one that says it's patched for softmodders. So perhaps the patch it was fixed with is conflicting with whatever the patch that my CFG USB Loader contains. Perhaps I could downgrade my CFG USB Loader to the version prior to the one I have now.
I personally would try Waninkoko's 249 v19
Herme's v5 has some problem or so I've read.
are you using cfg usbloader v57b4 or just 57b as the 57b4 is the one that's fully patched for PoP FS
I asked about how you HDD was formatted because fat32/ntfs only work with cios222/223 I believe.

xloadingx
Old 05-25-10, 01:40 AM   #33
Newcomer

I personally would try Waninkoko's 249 v19
Herme's v5 has some problem or so I've read.
are you using cfg usbloader v57b4 or just 57b as the 57b4 is the one that's fully patched for PoP FS
I asked about how you HDD was formatted because fat32/ntfs only work with cios222/223 I believe.

xloadingx

I installed 249 rev19, I still cannot load any game with 249. Does not work for me in Configurable USB Loader nor USB Loader GX.

I didn't bother with Herme's v5 yet. I was thinking about trying it tomorrow, glad I came back on here and read your post first. I'll leave it alone since there's some problems.

I'm using v57b4-222. Btw, the downgrade didn't work either. I went back to v57b3 (which does not have the PoP patch) and got the same results. I went ahead and upgraded back to 57b4 though.
Old 05-25-10, 02:19 AM   #34
Newcomer

I installed 249 rev19, I still cannot load any game with 249. Does not work for me in Configurable USB Loader nor USB Loader GX.

I didn't bother with Herme's v5 yet. I was thinking about trying it tomorrow, glad I came back on here and read your post first. I'll leave it alone since there's some problems.

I'm using v57b4-222. Btw, the downgrade didn't work either. I went back to v57b3 (which does not have the PoP patch) and got the same results. I went ahead and upgraded back to 57b4 though.
I'm out of ideas but will have a look around and see if I can find anything to help
Sorry I couldn't help you get it working

xloadingx

EDIT:There is a new version of cfg usbloader v57b5
Quote:
Changes:

cfg v57b5 (beta5)
* .wip patches now working
* fix for .txt cheat detection (some cheats were incorrectly identified as editable)
* New per-game option:
clear_patches = [0],1,all
When on (1) return_to_channel and the dvd check are disabled
When 'all', then all .dol patches are disabled
* disable_pop_patch fix

This makes it easier to get PoP working. Just set the Clear Patches field in the per-game options for PoP to All if you are experiencing difficulty. It also means you can re-enable return_to_channel in config.txt and set Clear Patches to On just for PoP. PoP will then be the only game which doesn't return to your specified channel.
xloadingx

Last edited by xloadingx; 05-25-10 at 05:15 AM.
Old 05-25-10, 05:37 PM   #35
Newcomer

The new version must have released about an hour after I went to bed last night, or should I say this morning. I'll give it a go later tonight when I get home. I still wonder if I need a different .iso though.
Old 05-25-10, 06:20 PM   #36
Newcomer

Delete. Double post.
Old 05-25-10, 09:42 PM   #37
Newcomer

I'm out of ideas but will have a look around and see if I can find anything to help
Sorry I couldn't help you get it working

xloadingx

EDIT:There is a new version of cfg usbloader v57b5

xloadingx

Woohoo! That did it!!!! FINALLY, it works. Thank you so very much for all your time you spent and the trouble you went through to try and help me. All it ended up taking was this latest version of CFG (v57b5).

Here's what works for me:

CFG USB Loader v57b5-222 with the following options:
Force NTSC / IOS 222-mload / Alt dol - use the one you uploaded for us / Clear Patches - On

So it seems it is that newest option (Clear Patches) that made it work for me. Only one small problem, I can successfully save those other settings, but each time I load the game I have to go into Options and turn on the Clear Patches option. That setting will not save, once you either load the game or even if you just exit CFG and come back that setting is turned off.I can live with that though, at least it works now.

Thank you so very much. Now, if you have any suggestions on how to get CSI Deadly Intent to work that would be outstanding. It loads just fine, but once you click to start the first mission the Wii reboots. I've been in one topic here but no one had a workaround for it yet. So far that is the only other game i'm aware of that doesn't work for me.
Old 05-26-10, 03:58 AM   #38
Newcomer

Woohoo! That did it!!!! FINALLY, it works. Thank you so very much for all your time you spent and the trouble you went through to try and help me. All it ended up taking was this latest version of CFG (v57b5).

Here's what works for me:

CFG USB Loader v57b5-222 with the following options:
Force NTSC / IOS 222-mload / Alt dol - use the one you uploaded for us / Clear Patches - On

So it seems it is that newest option (Clear Patches) that made it work for me. Only one small problem, I can successfully save those other settings, but each time I load the game I have to go into Options and turn on the Clear Patches option. That setting will not save, once you either load the game or even if you just exit CFG and come back that setting is turned off.I can live with that though, at least it works now.

Thank you so very much. Now, if you have any suggestions on how to get CSI Deadly Intent to work that would be outstanding. It loads just fine, but once you click to start the first mission the Wii reboots. I've been in one topic here but no one had a workaround for it yet. So far that is the only other game i'm aware of that doesn't work for me.
Nice one we got there in the end
And as for CSI Deadly Intent I don't know anyone who got it working yet some people say
they have but are not clear on how but if I find anything that mite help I will let you know

xloadingx
Old 05-26-10, 04:23 AM   #39
Newcomer

Hey xloadingx

good to see some one going the extra mile to help some one else out

keep up the good work

ManE
MannieOvMajestik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-10, 05:04 AM   #40
Newcomer

Quote: Originally Posted by MannieOvMajestik View Post
Hey xloadingx

good to see some one going the extra mile to help some one else out

keep up the good work

ManE
Hi MannieOvMajestik

Thanks I always try to help when and where I can

xloadingx
Old 05-27-10, 06:53 PM   #41
Newcomer

Thanks xLOADERx!!! You helped me out with that alt.dol. Worked like a charm.

Settings used:
alt.dol
Force NTSC
IOS 249
Anti 002: Off

You're the best!
biokeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-10, 04:49 AM   #42
Newcomer

Quote: Originally Posted by biokeg View Post
Thanks xLOADERx!!! You helped me out with that alt.dol. Worked like a charm.

Settings used:
alt.dol
Force NTSC
IOS 249
Anti 002: Off

You're the best!
Your welcome its nice to see it helped someone else

xloadingx

Last edited by xloadingx; 06-11-10 at 04:50 PM.