> > >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-12, 12:25 PM   #1
Novice
Default Is true blue dongle for ps3 custom firmware a con or does it work?

And if so, where do I purchase a legit copy from? I can't afford to buy games for 60-40 bucks(way overpriced for gaming). Not to mention the fact that the newer firmwares mess with cinavia on my ps3.

Which games are supported on True Blue Dongle? Any new ones like Twisted Metal or Asura's Wraith supported?
Old 05-26-12, 01:10 PM   #2
Newcomer
how bout i just delete for the stupid comment instead

Last edited by skanimal99; 05-26-12 at 08:00 PM.
skanimal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-12, 01:30 PM   #3
Conspiracy Realist

code yer link brah!!!
philfree0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-12, 09:40 PM   #4
Newcomer
The dongle does work perfectly, but keep in mind that not ALL newer release games work with the firmware, but ones that have patches released (Asura's Wrath is one of them). Direct resellers can be found on the website, along with most to all the released game patches. Note that you must be on firmware 3.55 or lower if you want to run the custom firmware without installing a downgrade chip.
http://www.truebluejb2.com/
melon55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-12, 11:55 AM   #5
Expert
Quote: Originally Posted by melon55 View Post
The dongle does work perfectly, but keep in mind that not ALL newer release games work with the firmware, but ones that have patches released (Asura's Wrath is one of them). Direct resellers can be found on the website, along with most to all the released game patches. Note that you must be on firmware 3.55 or lower if you want to run the custom firmware without installing a downgrade chip.
http://www.truebluejb2.com/
So if you're on the latest firmware you can't use it?
shoguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-12, 12:24 PM   #6
No kitty! bad kitty!!!

Well there are way to downgrade some firmwares to 3.55, dont know for latest...but anyway you need open PS3 and use some hardware etc...its not software downgrade.
Mbbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-12, 11:27 PM   #7
Chicken Lover

from what I understand, if you're much past 3.55 firmware, then basically the only way you can downgrade is with a flasher like a progskeet, etc. which you have to solder onto your ps3 mainboard, which is a pain to do. So basically you can't use the tb if you're on the latest firware.
Also worth noting, is that the people who make the tb do some nasty things to prevent cloning, or rather to fight against it after the fact. So let's say you unknowingly get a fake one and the tb firware detects that...it will then do nasty things to your ps3 like wiping the hard drive. They don't really care if you got a clone intentionally or not.
In addition to that, you are also pretty much held captive by them in terms of what games you can play in regards to new releases. Only the ones they release patches for can be played. In this way they are different than modchip makes in any other scene. On the xbox, for example, the software and instructions for patching games is readily available to the public so that a maximum number of games are playable. This is partly because their modchips are needed on the xbox(excluding of course patching the firware on the drive-we're talking about reset glitch,jtag, etc here). The tb is not really needed. It is just how they hide their secret of how they patch games and punish clone makers(and end users). Now some would argue that the reason their method has not been patched by sony is precisely because the tb folks hide the method. I don't know if that's true or not honestly.
But, all that being said, with tb you can play more games than you can on just a regular 3.55 custom firware, and if the games are ones you want then it's probably worth the $60 or so price tag.
Bare in mind also that netflix, etc won't work anymore, and that you won't be able to go online, and that you won't be able to watch many newer bluray movies either(as sony is putting firware updates on most of them now lol-although you can bypass certain firmware checks with certain spoofs etc if once you're on a custom firware).
So yeah, the trueblue is legit, but not neccessarily what it's cracked up to be. You can go to some of the main scene sites and they keep pretty accurate lists of where you can get legit ones from. Hope that helps you make a decision hehe
cupcakesally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-12, 09:18 AM   #8
Novice
Quote: Originally Posted by cupcakesally View Post
from what I understand, if you're much past 3.55 firmware, then basically the only way you can downgrade is with a flasher like a progskeet, etc. which you have to solder onto your ps3 mainboard, which is a pain to do. So basically you can't use the tb if you're on the latest firware.
Also worth noting, is that the people who make the tb do some nasty things to prevent cloning, or rather to fight against it after the fact. So let's say you unknowingly get a fake one and the tb firware detects that...it will then do nasty things to your ps3 like wiping the hard drive. They don't really care if you got a clone intentionally or not.
In addition to that, you are also pretty much held captive by them in terms of what games you can play in regards to new releases. Only the ones they release patches for can be played. In this way they are different than modchip makes in any other scene. On the xbox, for example, the software and instructions for patching games is readily available to the public so that a maximum number of games are playable. This is partly because their modchips are needed on the xbox(excluding of course patching the firware on the drive-we're talking about reset glitch,jtag, etc here). The tb is not really needed. It is just how they hide their secret of how they patch games and punish clone makers(and end users). Now some would argue that the reason their method has not been patched by sony is precisely because the tb folks hide the method. I don't know if that's true or not honestly.
But, all that being said, with tb you can play more games than you can on just a regular 3.55 custom firware, and if the games are ones you want then it's probably worth the $60 or so price tag.
Bare in mind also that netflix, etc won't work anymore, and that you won't be able to go online, and that you won't be able to watch many newer bluray movies either(as sony is putting firware updates on most of them now lol-although you can bypass certain firmware checks with certain spoofs etc if once you're on a custom firware).
So yeah, the trueblue is legit, but not neccessarily what it's cracked up to be. You can go to some of the main scene sites and they keep pretty accurate lists of where you can get legit ones from. Hope that helps you make a decision hehe

Haven't played on my ps3 forever. I've been stuck at 3.55 cfw forever because no one has released a method to play newer games except the true blue dongle way. Also, I know you think its evil what True Blue does but they are working hard to crack games so I understand why they are protecting their work. PS3 games are way overpriced so I think 60 bucks for a device that does what it says is good. Also, if you contact tb they will tell you which websites sell legit tb's, you can also find out if yours is legit by going to the ps3 settings before messing anything up. If you find out yours is not legit, you contact your credit card company and tell them that someone has sent you a device that was not what you asked for. You get your money back and that company can get in trouble.

I remember when someone sent me bootleg psp memory sticks when psp memory sticks were worth a lot of money. Like I paid 100 bucks for like two 8gb or two 16gb and thought I was getting a deal at that time. Nope, turned out to be fake memsticks. And I threatened that ebay seller and he reimbursed me when I told him I was going to contact the police.
StanSouthpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-12, 07:59 PM   #9
Newcomer

Hey stan I'm in the same boat. I have been researching whether to buy a cobra dongle or true blue and decided to go with TBJB2. No saying that cobra is a wrong choice, just one I felt that suited my needs more. As what people said, not every game has been patched, a good amount of games are available and think it's totally worth the price tag. If you're on 4.11 you'll have to do a flasher like e3 flasher or do what I did and try craigslist and trade with someone you either wants a slim or a couple of bucks.
darebornsolja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-12, 12:18 AM   #10
Novice
I'm on True Blue dongle too. No problems here, since I play mostly fighting games. The Cobra Dongle is aimed more to MMC Os for Bluray movies and networking ISO's to Ps3.
Do your research on the internet and you'll choose the right product for yor needs.
axledentaldj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-12, 09:23 AM   #11
Expert

well .. you will need to wait for patchs, regarding new games.

Another problem (for me..) : I can't run Multiman discless.
i need a Blueray - all time in. installing BDEMU (1 or 2..) won't change this.
So if your PS3 has a broken blueray drive.. you won't be able to play games...
You still can play the Homebrews.
wolfUK82 is offline   Reply With Quote