Old 02-17-12, 10:01 AM   #1
Newcomer

Default wasabi 360 for 360

I'm looking at picking up a wasabi 360 for my (unmodified) 360 and attach a 1TB usb drive to it. Does this mean I can download games and copy to the external HDD and play them, or does it just mean I can install a game I bought to the external HDD instead of the internal?
Old 02-17-12, 10:03 AM   #2
d(-_-)b

you mean download games from online and play them without an unmodded box? No you need to have your box flashed or jtaged to do that, and jtaging is a terrible idea. Youll just be able to have a 1tb hd for you 360. thats all
ndemars18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-12, 10:25 AM   #3
Master

Quote: Originally Posted by ndemars18 View Post
you mean download games from online and play them without an unmodded box? No you need to have your box flashed or jtaged to do that, and jtaging is a terrible idea. Youll just be able to have a 1tb hd for you 360. thats all
wingomeza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-12, 11:04 AM   #4
Apprentice
you can do RGH this allows you to have a modded dash download 360 rips onto your HDD play them like that there also emulators etc. Duel nand support to switch from offical FW so you can play on live only legit games will work though. Now this complicated for someone who is not technically minded however is the best way to mod your 360. RGH recently updated to work on slim consoles including new corona.

ODE ( Optical disc emulation ) wasbi,360key, etc are easier but more expensive, no flashing is needed for this method however unless you buy one that auto extracts your drive you 'key' you will need to get yourself manually. Does not work on new drives !

Flashing worse out of the 3 and but a lot easier than the previous two methods.

Now If you want live well afraid none of these methods are safe, RGH live is big no ! Flashing is deemed the safest way however this is unproven but you will always run the risk of being banned this is no way to avoid this.

Last edited by jjesso1993; 02-17-12 at 11:55 AM.
jjesso1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-12, 02:45 PM   #5
Newcomer

Quote: Originally Posted by jjesso1993 View Post
you can do RGH this allows you to have a modded dash download 360 rips onto your HDD play them like that there also emulators etc. Duel nand support to switch from offical FW so you can play on live only legit games will work though. Now this complicated for someone who is not technically minded however is the best way to mod your 360. RGH recently updated to work on slim consoles including new corona.

ODE ( Optical disc emulation ) wasbi,360key, etc are easier but more expensive, no flashing is needed for this method however unless you buy one that auto extracts your drive you 'key' you will need to get yourself manually. Does not work on new drives !

Flashing worse out of the 3 and but a lot easier than the previous two methods.

Now If you want live well afraid none of these methods are safe, RGH live is big no ! Flashing is deemed the safest way however this is unproven but you will always run the risk of being banned this is no way to avoid this.
I never play on live anyways. So it's all good. :)
Just_a_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-12, 03:02 PM   #6
Master

i play nothing else but live on lt+ 3.0 no problema....
wingomeza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-12, 03:05 PM   #7
Newcomer

Quote: Originally Posted by wingomeza View Post
i play nothing else but live on lt+ 3.0 no problema....
3.0?
Old 02-17-12, 03:26 PM   #8
d(-_-)b

if you never play live then just get your box flashed. theres a 0% chance youll ever get caught. 3.0 is the latest flash firmware
ndemars18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-12, 06:18 PM   #9
Newcomer

Quote: Originally Posted by ndemars18 View Post
if you never play live then just get your box flashed. theres a 0% chance youll ever get caught. 3.0 is the latest flash firmware
I don't want binders of discs again. Rather have a menu system like my movies
Old 02-17-12, 06:41 PM   #10
Elite

I have been a proud owner of a wasabi for several months now and I highly recommend getting it. Once installed all you have to do is download games and transfer them over to your external hard drive. No burning to disc anymore alone is worth getting one. You need an external esata drive though or you can pay extra and get the usb adapter. The installation was easier than I thought it would be also. Keep in mind you will have to take your 360 apart and you even have to cut a square opening on the side of the metal frame inside. But once you are setup everything else is too simple. And now that it has the ability to automatically extract the DVD key for you it's even gotten easier.
666wrathchild666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-12, 06:41 PM   #11
Apprentice
Quote: Originally Posted by Just_a_guy View Post
I don't want binders of discs again. Rather have a menu system like my movies
Then go for wasabi or RGH. I'm sure there is someone in your area that could do RGH at cost. It's far better than than any method if you don't use live. If that is done then you can download XBLA games,xbox 360 rips,emulators,have a duel nand and many more stuff.
jjesso1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-12, 07:13 PM   #12
Newcomer

Quote: Originally Posted by 666wrathchild666 View Post
I have been a proud owner of a wasabi for several months now and I highly recommend getting it. Once installed all you have to do is download games and transfer them over to your external hard drive. No burning to disc anymore alone is worth getting one. You need an external esata drive though or you can pay extra and get the usb adapter. The installation was easier than I thought it would be also. Keep in mind you will have to take your 360 apart and you even have to cut a square opening on the side of the metal frame inside. But once you are setup everything else is too simple. And now that it has the ability to automatically extract the DVD key for you it's even gotten easier.
Thanks for the info. I'm gonna pick up a wasabi and the usb adapter. I already have a 1tb drive just sitting around. It'd be nice if it could play them off a Nas. lol 30+ TB plus all the xbox's in the house could use them and don't need multiple copies.
Old 02-17-12, 11:29 PM   #13
Newcomer
oh so there is a little stuff to it >.< i opened up three xbox 360s >.< so i guess one more wouldnt hurt -_-
denero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-12, 07:00 AM   #14
Elite

Also, if you have the 4gb model like me you have the option of using your 360 hdd tray and elimination the need for a external drive. Simply get a sata extender cable ($6) and a 2.5" hdd (prices vary). Disconnect the sata to esata cable inside the wasabi and bypass it with the sata extender cable and connect it directly into the 360 hard drive tray. That way everything is internal and the 360 itself powers the hdd for you. You also need to purchase a 360 hdd case ($6) and a portable hdd case (prices vary). To install games you just pull the hdd out and pop it out of the 360 hdd case and place it in the portable hdd case and connect to your computer.
666wrathchild666 is offline   Reply With Quote