A. Apps to be used:
1. eac3to (freeware). Note: By the time I was completing this tut, a new version of eac3to just came out!
2. Eac3to and More GUI (freeware). This is the best GUI for eac3to.
3. Surcode DVD-DTS Encoder (quite expensive shareware)
1. Nero 7 (search for it in our Applications section)
2. Sonic CinePlayer HD DVD decoder v4.3
C. Required process
Properties of the new .dts file should look like this:
Important note: If you try to directly convert your initial source dtswav file to dts padded, you'll fail. I guess this happens because eac3to fails to correctly read the wav headers and therefore it sends wrong stream's sample rate to Surcode DVD-DTS encoder. As a result, the app will refuse to encode. At least, this was happening until v2.87 of eac3to