Book Title: The Art of Readable Code
File Format: PDF
Author/s: Dustin Boswell, Trevor Foucher
As programmers, we've all seen source code that's so ugly and buggy it makes our brain ache. And let's be honest, we've all written code like that. With this book, you'll learn to write code that's easy to read and understand. You'll have more fun and your coworkers will love you. The Art of Readable Code focuses on the nuts and bolts of programming, with simple and practical techniques you can use every time you sit down to write code. You'll find tips throughout the book, with easy-to-digest code examples, helpful illustrations, and cartoons for fun.
- Learn to pick variable names that are "dense with information"
- Organize your loops and conditionals so they're easy to understand
- Make your comments short and sweet
- Recognize when your code is doing too many things at once
- Write tests that are concise, but thorough Master the art of breaking hard problems into many smaller ones