1. Skulduggery Pleasant
- When 12-year-old Stephanie's eccentric Uncle Gordon dies, a mysterious man bundled in an overcoat, scarf, sunglasses, and a hat shows up at both the funeral and the reading of the will. This man, as it turns out, is Skulduggery Pleasant, a walking, talking skeleton who rescues Stephanie when she is attacked while alone in the house that she has just inherited. It seems that a particularly evil person named Serpine is trying to obtain a scepter that will allow him to rule the world. Stephanie is swept into a world of magic, secrets, power, and intrigue as she and Skulduggery try to keep one step ahead of Serpine and various other nefarious folk. Deadly hand-to-hand combat, nasty villains, magical derring-do, and traitorous allies will keep readers turning the pages, but it is the dynamic duo of Stephanie and Skulduggery who provide the real magic. The girl eagerly jumps into this new, dangerous, action-packed life, but she isn't sure that she has the guts or the power to pull it off. Skulduggery Pleasant lives up to his name, performing amazing feats with such self-effacing drollness that readers will wish they had a similar skeletal friend. Give this one to fans of Eoin Colfer's "Artemis Fowl" books (Hyperion) or to anyone who likes a dash of violence and danger served up with the magic
2. Playing with Fire
- Just when you think you've saved the world "You will kill her?" the Torment asked. Skulduggery sagged. "Yes." He hesitated, then took his gun from his jacket. "I'm sorry, Valkyrie," he said softly. "Don't talk to me," Valkyrie said. "Just do what you have to do." Valkyrie parted her tunic, and Skulduggery pointed the gun at the vest beneath. "Please forgive me," Skulduggery said, then aimed the gun at the girl and pulled the trigger.With Serpine dead, the world is safe once more. At least, that_s what Valkyrie and Skulduggery think, until the notorious Baron Vengeous makes a bloody escape from prison, and dead bodies and vampires start showing up all over Ireland. With Baron Vengeous after the deadly armour of Lord Vile, and pretty much everyone out to kill Valkyrie, the daring detective duo face their biggest challenge yet. But what if the greatest threat to Valkyrie is just a little closer to home?
3. The Faceless Ones
- Third bone-breaking, belly-busting adventure in the series that puts the "funny" back in...um...funny series. That didn't really work, did it? If you've read the previous Skulduggery books then you know what the Faceless Ones are -- and if you know what the Faceless Ones are, then you can probably take a wild guess that things in this book are going to get AWFULLY sticky for our skeletal hero and his young sidekick. If you haven't read the previous Skulduggery books then what are you doing reading this? Go and read them right now, so that you know what all that stuff in the previous paragraph was about. Done? Good. So now you're on tenterhooks too, desperately awaiting the answers to all your questions, and instead you're going to have to wait to get hold of the book. Sorry about that.
4. Dark Days
- It's the fourth Skulduggery Pleasant adventure! only Skulduggery Pleasant himself is lost on the other side of a portal, with only some evil gods for company. Can he possible survive? (Yes, all right, he's already dead. But still.) What can we say, without giving too much away? Not much, is the answer. But what we CAN say is that this book is hilarious, it's tense, and it's packed with all the eye-popping action, crackling one liners and imaginative set pieces you've come to expect. There's a new threat to our plucky heroine, of course. But that's not all. There's also the little fact of the Big Bad, the uber-baddy who's going to come along and really, really destroy the world. (Really.) And what we learn about that villain in this book will literally make your jaw fall off and your hair go white with shock. (Not really.) Will Skulduggery make it out of the Faceless Ones' dimension? Who knows. The problem is, he may not have much to come back to!
5. Mortal Coil
- Following the shocking revelations of DARK DAYS, get ready for the fifth installment of the bestselling Skulduggery Pleasant series -- guaranteed to contain at least 40% humor, 50% action, and 100% thrills! "The blonde girl with the black lips turned to Valkyrie. 'We know,' she said. 'We've seen the future. We know you're going to kill the world!'" Skulduggery Pleasant is back, and reunited with his original head. But all is not well in the magical world. For one thing, there's an unstoppable assassin with a face-mask on the loose! and for another thing, Valkyrie has discovered she might be Darquesse, the evil sorceress set to destroy the entire world. The problem is, she doesn't feel she can tell Skulduggery what she's learned, and so she must try to change her terrible destiny alone. But the price of a new fate is high, and if she fails, she'll die alone too. With Valkyrie on her own quest, Skulduggery and the gang are even more vulnerable. Which is a shame, because remember that remnant the Necromancers had? They've still got it -- and they're thinking about letting it out!
6. Death Bringer
- The sixth installment in the historic, hysterical and horrific Skulduggery Pleasant series. Think you've seen anything yet? You haven’t. Because the Death Bringer is about to rise...The Necromancers no longer need Valkyrie to be their Death Bringer, and that’s a Good Thing.There’s just one catch. There’s a reason the Necromancers don’t need her any more. And that’s because they've found their Death Bringer already, the person who will dissolve the doors between life and death.And that’s a very, very Bad Thing...
-------------------------------Added 7/25/2012-------------------------------- Short stories collections:
1. Gold, Babies and the Brothers Muldoon
- A jolt of Skulduggery Pleasant action for free.Midnight. Valkyrie Cain approaches an old, ramshackle church to make a delicate deal with a trio of ugly, hairy goblins. To her absolute non-surprise, the goblins have no intention of honoring that deal- but not to worry. Skulduggery Pleasant is standing by to deliver a surprise of their own.Things, however, don’t go exactly according to plan. Not least because the goblins have a sister. A very big, very strong sister. Who might just have a TINY crush on one of our heroes...
2. The Lost Art of World Domination
- A shot of Skulduggery action for free.It isn’t easy to take over the world. First you need the scheme. Then you need the muscle. Then you need to come up with a system for ruling six billion people and keeping them from revolting. It takes a certain kind of man to take over the world.Scaramouch Van Dreg, however, is not that man.But he has one thing going for him. He has his arch enemy, Skulduggery Pleasant, chained up in his dungeon, and the only person who is coming to save him is the skeleton detective’s 13 year old sidekick.What could possibly go wrong?
***Thanks to arogance1 for these and the update to the 1st Skulduggery Pleasant book!
7. Kingdom of the Wicked
- The seventh installment in the biggest, funniest, most thrilling comedy-horror-adventure series in the universe.Now, get ready for... the Darquesse trilogy. Valkyrie will finally come into her destiny. The end will finally come. And the last part of your minds will be totally and utterly blown...