> >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-12, 04:27 AM   #29
Newcomer
Star Born To Synthesize

Here's something that is either helpful, or just a tease ... you tell me. The lyric of a song. I can hardly believe myself the parallels between the "theory" and this song.

Born To Synthesize ......... (Todd Rundrgren)

A handful of nothing is all that I need
It contains plus and minus everything
The odd combinations are what make up
The world that you see before you
In one hand I hold what people call good
The rest I hold in the other
But these are just symbols to the perfected minds
Of which we are but mere reflections
I was born to synthesize
Energize and catalyze
I was born to synthesize
Like waves on still water the forms reappear
Quickly erasing the ones before
But forms like these are born only to die
But the life in them lives forever
Pyramids, spheres, and obelisks
are the patterns of all creation
But the red polygon's only desire
is to get to the blue triangle
I was born to synthesize
Visions rise before your eyes
I was born to synthesize
The orbits of consciousness spin 'round and 'round
Apparently they go nowhere
But the odd combinations are leading you on
To your home which is in the center
You were born to synthesize
Ain't no jive - it's no surprise
You were born to synthesize
toonerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-12, 04:39 AM   #30
Newcomer
Star Just one more song that illuminates

HTML Code:
<br />
Smells Like Content .......... (The Books)

Balance.
Repetition.
Proposition.
Mirrors.

Most of all, the world is a place where parts of wholes are described
within an overarching paradigm of clarity and accuracy.
The context in which makes possible an underlying
sense of the way it all fits together,
despite our collective tendency not to conceive of it as such.

But then again, the world without end is a place where souls are combined,
but with an overbearing feeling of disparity and disorderliness.
To ignore it is impossible without getting oneself into all of kinds of trouble,
despite one’s best intentions to not get entangled with it so much.

Meanwhile,
the statues are bleeding green.
And others are saying things much better than we ever could;
as the quiet become suddenly verbose.

And the hail’s heralding the size of nickels.
And the street corners are gnashing together like the gears
inside the head of some omniscient engineer.
And downward flows the garnered wisdom that has never died

Then finally,
we opened the box, we couldn’t find any rules.
Our heads were reeling with the glitter of possibilities, contingencies...
but with ever increasing faith we decided to go ahead and just ignore them,
despite tremendous pressure to capitulate with fate.

So instead, we went ahead to fabricate a catalog
of unstable elements and modicums and particles.
With non-zero total strangeness for brief moments which amount
to nothing more than tiny fragments of a finger snap.

Meanwhile,
we’re furiously seeing green.
And the map has started tearing along its creases due to overuse...
when in reality it’s never needed folds.

And the air’s withholding the sound of its wellspring.
And our heads approach a density reminiscent of the infinite productivity of the center of the sun.

And therein lies the garnered wisdom that has never died.

Expectation -
leads to disappointment. If you don’t expect something big huge and exciting...
usually...
I dunno,
just, uh yea...

HTML Code:
<br />

Last edited by toonerama; 05-06-12 at 09:49 AM. Reason: sp.
Old 05-06-12, 08:20 AM   #31
Newcomer
Default Good ole Todd

I first heard this song at age 13 in 1975. No drugs, no wierd friends hangin around. Just me and my Zenith stereo. I knew immediately that there was something important within. I thought then that it was complicated, but I know now that it is simple to grasp. The overwhelming problem however is the rest of the world. As long as we are saturated with media, science, religion, and politcs, we will be helpless.

As far as reaching Todd, you could go to one of his shows. He usually has an autograph session. I met him this way, I did however freeze, and babbled dumb stuff while he signed my stuff. He loved my album name "New Genreage".
Also his wife Michelle has a web site with a contact e-mail. She is an artist herself and a wonderful person. Please be respectful if you go that route.

I am actually trying to get a simplistic message (similar to yours) out to all through music. I tried the approach of simple melodies mixed with meaningful lyrics. If you are interested check it out... CDbaby, Itunes etc...

It sounds quite simple at first, after the third listen, it will start to set in. If you go to CDBaby, read my album notes.
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/deanhuting
Please code all external links. - Gandolph13

Last edited by Gandolph13; 05-06-12 at 06:02 PM.
newgenreage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-12, 04:21 PM   #32
Newcomer
Quote: Originally Posted by newgenreage View Post
I first heard this song at age 13 in 1975. No drugs, no wierd friends hangin around. Just me and my Zenith stereo. I knew immediately that there was something important within. I thought then that it was complicated, but I know now that it is simple to grasp. The overwhelming problem however is the rest of the world. As long as we are saturated with media, science, religion, and politcs, we will be helpless.

As far as reaching Todd, you could go to one of his shows. He usually has an autograph session. I met him this way, I did however freeze, and babbled dumb stuff while he signed my stuff. He loved my album name "New Genreage".
Also his wife Michelle has a web site with a contact e-mail. She is an artist herself and a wonderful person. Please be respectful if you go that route.

I am actually trying to get a simplistic message (similar to yours) out to all through music. I tried the approach of simple melodies mixed with meaningful lyrics. If you are interested check it out... CDbaby, Itunes etc...

It sounds quite simple at first, after the third listen, it will start to set in. If you go to CDBaby, read my album notes.
Nice post! Any "friend" of Todd's is a friend of mine :)

Good ideas for meeting Todd - thanks - and 'respect' is my middle name.

I will definitely be checking out your work (I can't wait, but alas am very busy atm).

Now, what about my theory? Do you feel it is similar enough to your work that we might collaborate to take it/them further? I'm fairly certain about the content, but it's formulating an "approach" that is hard, I'm finding. I mean, an approach to someone/anyone who might be able to help "escalate" it (if it's deemed worthwhile).

Good to meet you,

Martin

Please be cautious when quoting content with live links. This also leaves you open to the same warning as the OP. - Gandolph13

Last edited by Gandolph13; 05-06-12 at 06:03 PM.
Old 05-09-12, 05:43 PM   #33
Newcomer
This is the same as I encountered in the past; there is some interest, but then there isn't. I offer rebuttals to challenges, and all falls silent. I know we're all busy, but why did any of you bother to fool with this, only to drop it like a stone? I don't feel like it's been refuted to any extent, but nor has it been furthered much.

I am perhaps resigned to moving on, again. But where to? I am now in contact with designer Bruce Mau (Google him!) about all this. He and his team(s) are working at very high levels, and along this same kind of path. They know we need global change!

Wish me luck. Martin
Old 05-10-12, 01:21 AM   #34
Elite

Quote:
Everything is what it is, and is also the opposite of what it is, at the same time. Everything we experience is symmetrical waves on an otherwise still pool. This explains everything.
According to your theory, your "theory about everything" is also not a "theory about everything."

In short, it's probably a waste of time to figure this out. On the other hand, it is probably not a waste of time to figure this out. :)

So my reply to this post is actually not a reply to this post.

If you read my post, you are also not reading it. :)
littlepebble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-12, 05:11 AM   #35
Newcomer
Quote: Originally Posted by littlepebble View Post
According to your theory, your "theory about everything" is also not a "theory about everything."

In short, it's probably a waste of time to figure this out. On the other hand, it is probably not a waste of time to figure this out. :)

I love this shite! (and hate it).

I'm glad you posted ... xx

Did you manage to read the whole thing?

Last edited by toonerama; 05-10-12 at 05:12 AM. Reason: sp.
Old 05-10-12, 08:31 PM   #36
Elite

There is a few reasons why we have problems trying to explain things.

First of all, our senses differ. For example, a color-blinded person will see the world quite different from one who is not. A blind or deaf person will perceive the world differently.

Next, our written words and languages are inadequate to describe certain concept. For example, we say that the rainbow have 7 colors, but it's a continuous spectrum of colors. Words such as 'red', 'happy', 'good', 'big', etc are imprecise. Even numbers are imprecise. E.g. Mary has 1 small apple, Jane have 1 big apple. If you add up the apples, do you get '2 apples', '2 big apples', '2 small apples' or '1 big apple & 1 small apple'? Now try to use such language to explain stuff...

If you add in ethical backgrounds, personal experiences, etc that shape a person, it is easy to know that everyone interpret differently.

A vial of venom can scare the hell out of someone who know what it is and at the same time appear to be harmless vial of water to someone who didn't know.

This is one of the reason why the world is interesting.
Otherwise, we will all be identical robots.
littlepebble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-12, 05:24 AM   #37
Newcomer
Well now. Always was. Just forgot.

After a little more musing and a little help, this theory is further distilled.

But, the more distilled it gets, the more it seems to say everything, and nothing.

The help I got was from a learned friend; a chance meeting after him being away teaching in China. He said, what you've done is very Taoist. I thought about what I knew of Taoism, and could only agree. So I asked, so what do the Taoists do with this knowledge. Silence.

The distillation -

All is duality.
All is vibration.

This is just a yet simpler way of restating all of the previous work. No explanations, except what you ask for - and feel free to ask.

P.S.: This incarnation leads me to believe that the corresponding part of String Theory is correct - vibration.

Last edited by toonerama; 06-23-12 at 05:32 AM. Reason: omission, color change
Old 06-23-12, 05:37 AM   #38
Newcomer
newgenreage, your music is delightful. Any chance of maybe lower-bit-rate versions (not less than 128 tho!) for a starving artist? I'll gladly give any or all of the various albums I've released. I only ever give them away.

I seriously recommend everyone take a listen to the samples ...

... music is, of course, vibration. Moreover, music can bring harmony.

Last edited by toonerama; 06-23-12 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Add question
Old 06-23-12, 05:43 AM   #39
Newcomer
From little pebble:

Quote:
Quote:
Everything is what it is, and is also the opposite of what it is, at the same time. Everything we experience is symmetrical waves on an otherwise still pool. This explains everything.

I read your post. Or did I?

I thought it was spot on. But it could be spot off.

Keep up the good work. And don't do a thing.

Regards and inanities,

Martin
Nitram

Ooh, ooh - another one -

I'm a long time musician, and one of my albums is called:

storM animaL

Which is an anagram of my full name -

Martin Lomas

Last edited by toonerama; 06-23-12 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Add anagram, color chg
Old 06-23-12, 09:24 PM   #40
Newcomer
Quote: Originally Posted by littlepebble View Post
There is a few reasons why we have problems trying to explain things.

First of all, our senses differ. For example, a color-blinded person will see the world quite different from one who is not. A blind or deaf person will perceive the world differently.

Next, our written words and languages are inadequate to describe certain concept. For example, we say that the rainbow have 7 colors, but it's a continuous spectrum of colors. Words such as 'red', 'happy', 'good', 'big', etc are imprecise. Even numbers are imprecise. E.g. Mary has 1 small apple, Jane have 1 big apple. If you add up the apples, do you get '2 apples', '2 big apples', '2 small apples' or '1 big apple & 1 small apple'? Now try to use such language to explain stuff...

If you add in ethical backgrounds, personal experiences, etc that shape a person, it is easy to know that everyone interpret differently.

A vial of venom can scare the hell out of someone who know what it is and at the same time appear to be harmless vial of water to someone who didn't know.

This is one of the reason why the world is interesting.
Otherwise, we will all be identical robots.
This seems spot on, but is there either a problem to be solved, or an addition to be made? Is there anything new in my theory?

I think what you're hitting on inevitably leads to the conclusion that we can't know anything for sure. Or can we?

Frankly, I'm just glad you're interested enough to post! Thanks.

Martin

Last edited by toonerama; 06-23-12 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Run-on
Old 06-25-12, 09:09 PM   #41
Newcomer
Quote: Originally Posted by Notorious_dog View Post
Alright, so the glass is Half full and its half empty.

When it is "half empty", it refers to the top half of the glass being empty, and "half full" refers to the bottom half of the glass being full. So whether you chose to say half full or half empty depends on what language you decide to chose and why you decided to chose that language.
in reality the glass is what it is.

whether its half full or half empty, there is no variable between the two other than grammar.
Considering that, what does this have to do with your theory?

You wrote:

so lets talk about a big black mug that's blue on the inside, and has a spoon in it.
The mug is what it is, but how is it also the opposite? and exactly what are you trying to say when you say everything is also the opposite? Also, considering what you said, is the cup not actually also everything in between? and what does that even mean?

.. I noticed you mentioned "vibrations"... Isn't that pretty advanced stuff? I mean, this is a warez forum, and I for one never paid attention at school, but that is not to say I find this disinteresting.
the only thing I can remember about these vibrations is in reference to metals.
The harder the metal is, the less vibrations it has, or something like that. I honestly wish I had learned this stuff cuzz its kinda interesting. Too bad school was a total flop for me.
Notorious_dog, I think you're definitely asking the right questions. Tricky ones. Ones that have me thinking hard and now having to account for myself some. This is what I came for! So I thank you for that.

Fact is, I don't really know how all this fits together (or if it does at all). But I'm encouraged, because to me, anyway, this thing keeps on bearing fruit. The responses I give below are only possible due to my most recent thinking - and would not have been available only a short time ago.

The first thing I want to tackle is this:
"in reality the glass is what it is."

I know what you're getting at, and you're not wrong. But, in the end this seems like an empty statement to me. Meaning that it doesn't help with anything (does it?). My counter would be: Well okay, the glass is what it is - so, what is it then? The very fact that we cannot claim to know anything for sure is very intriguing to me. It feels as if this represents a barrier that we may was well remove from our lives. Or more accurately, we may as well remove the associated reactions and drama in which we are constantly entangled.

See, the things is, I'm only interested in pursuing this thing IF it's directly useful. As in, can it improve the world? (Does anyone actually want it improved? I do.) I don't have much doubt as to the accuracy of the work (or at least it's conclusions), but there are some key issues:

(1) I don't know if there's anything new here. Again, I was told, correctly, that Taoism covers this ground.

(2) Even if it's right, and could be implemented with positive results, why do so many not want to accept it?

(3) What is it I am proposing we do, exactly? Now, you would think I ought to know that(!), and I do, but, and it's a big but, I only know the details, and not so much the packaging, at least as of yet.

As for your mug, what if you were later told that it's not a mug at all, but actually a planter, in case you wanted to have plants in something that looks like, er, a mug. "Duality for one, Sir? Not possible, I'm afraid. It takes two to tango."

Time for me to underline something that some already realize about this duality thing ...

My usage of the word "opposite" is inaccurate. I didn't realize it at first. Everything's complimentary "partner in duality" could occur anywhere on a spectrum of features that will dictate how the, er, opposites appear.

This is why I found the following so interesting:

Q: What is grey's complimentary color?
A: Grey.

IF this is correct, then it illustrates that we may not even be able to tell my so miss-named "opposites" apart, at least in some cases. That's some crazy shit! Perhaps this is why we can't experience more dimensions than we apparently do, despite our theorizing the possible existence of more.

Re: "a bit advanced" - I've had some of the best interactions with others here. I may be arrogant, but I'm certainly learning a lot too.

You said: "whether its half full or half empty, there is no variable between the two other than grammar.
Considering that, what does this have to do with your theory?"

- It further highlights the "unknowability" of everything.

You said: "Also, considering what you said, is the cup not actually also everything in between?"

- Yes, precisely. But we can't be sure how it will look at all points in between. Why are there even divisions of that space, anyway? Another human invention that doesn't otherwise exist?

Please do engage me on any of this as much as you want.

Martin
Old 06-26-12, 04:18 AM   #42
Novice
Chaos Theory...
JuicySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote