> >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-12, 02:58 PM   #1
Novice
Default Music from games and movies

What's your favorite soundtracks or scores? I've found a site where you can listen soundtracks for free and I'm about to use it :) Site I'm talking:
http://soundtrackstream.com

Last edited by noc123; 07-13-12 at 04:03 PM.
Old 07-13-12, 03:45 PM   #2
The Perseverant

errr.... well you need to code you link for one...

kolewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-12, 06:04 PM   #3
Novice
I really like the OST for Clash of the Titans (2010) by Ramin Djawadi, and the soundtrack to the Fate/Zero anime series by Yuki Kajiura and others.
gracelined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-12, 11:24 PM   #4
Bad command or file name

Myst III: Exile. Hands down beautiful atmosphere.
Noledox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-12, 07:05 AM   #5
Novice
gracelined, Ramin Djawadi makes awesome music. First time I've heard his music was when I was watching Prison Break.

Noledox, I'm listening right now :) Thx.

Can you recommend more titles?
noc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-12, 01:49 PM   #6
LORD OF ALL IPODS

I've always liked Jeremy Soule, who's made at least three of the TES soundtracks, that I know of (Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim). The Matrix movies soundtracks are nice, too. I always liked the Final Fantasy Soundtracks, even the older ones - FF4 (FF2 in the US) is still my favorite. Akira Yamaoka, who makes the SH soundtracks, is pretty nice, too, if you like the scary stuff. Otherwise, I enjoy the works of Hans Zimmer. Lately, I've been listening to the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack. :)
AngryiPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-12, 04:23 PM   #7
3rd Street Saint

I am going to go out a limb here and say Grand theft Auto soundtracks. I have had soooo much fun playing the radio stations at work and have people really stop and question the commentaries and such. What I really want is a rip of Episodes from Liberty city, commentaries and all. I've looked with no luck.
EvilToeKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-12, 06:35 PM   #8
Newcomer
From movies i gotta say the Princess Mononoke Symphonic Suite, The Legend of Ashitaka is just a wonderful arrange.

From games it has to be the mass effect 2 ost +dlcs especially overlord, you got guaranteed goosebumps there, even if you haven't played the game.
The last remmnant ost is awesome too!, even though the game isn't.
silferyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-12, 08:58 AM   #9
Apprentice

Quote: Originally Posted by gracelined View Post
I really like the OST for Clash of the Titans (2010) by Ramin Djawadi
Yep, that is one of my favorites too, he also did the score for Iron Man.

Quote: Originally Posted by AngryiPod View Post
I've always liked Jeremy Soule, who's made at least three of the TES soundtracks, that I know of (Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim).
Indeed, probably the greatest video game composer ever, don't forget about SW:KOTOR.

Quote: Originally Posted by silferyr View Post
From movies i gotta say the Princess Mononoke Symphonic Suite, The Legend of Ashitaka is just a wonderful arrange.

From games it has to be the mass effect 2 ost +dlcs
Same here, I'll listen to anything by Joe Hisaishi, and Mass Effect 2 is really good.
Alumni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-12, 09:22 AM   #10
jen
Elder

Quote: Originally Posted by EvilToeKnee View Post
I am going to go out a limb here and say Grand theft Auto soundtracks. I have had soooo much fun playing the radio stations at work and have people really stop and question the commentaries and such. What I really want is a rip of Episodes from Liberty city, commentaries and all. I've looked with no luck.
I loved the GTA soundtracks too. Did a bit of flailing when 1979 played on Liberty Rock. I quite liked San Andreas' country station, wished they had included that in GTA4.

And as for movies I'm quite fond of The Royal Tenenbaums and Whip It.
jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-12, 08:26 AM   #11
Expert
notorious dog i mean this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbsmPSNeq0k
Psyway_604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-12, 12:47 AM   #12
Expert
Metal Gear Solid Opening and End Credits
Xenogears, Xenosaga 1, Chrono Chross/Trigger
Parasite Eve Intro Music

And many, many more (Games, Movies, TV) too many to even start naming just the best ones.
Loora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-12, 10:59 AM   #13
N/A

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle....loved all the music.

Live and Learn, best song. Quality below is a bit rough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9zZus_1_ag
viscera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-12, 01:53 AM   #14
a noob gamer

Man I love the music from the original Soul Calibur it really makes me feel good. Also - Final Fantasy VII, Jet Grind Radio, Devil May Cry 4 ("Shall Never Surrender" is amazing) and Street Fighter II and IV - love the music from those.

Also love "Formless Like Water" from Tekken 5 and a few from the original Tekken.

For movies and anime - The Book of Eli, The Illusionist, Lord of the Rings, The Counte of Monte Cristo (2002), DragonBall Z, Monster (anime), and Devil May Cry (the anime) have incredible music.

My favorite of all is probably "Nyah" from Mission Impossible II - that is world class flamenco music for you.

Last edited by acitone; 09-04-12 at 01:58 AM.
acitone is offline   Reply With Quote