> >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-12, 04:46 PM   #15
Master

Simply make Kryptonite lethal to everyone that touches it. In fact, make it the most radioactive material in the universe. All organic life should be affected by it's toxicity. The only way someone should be able to be near Kryptonite is in some form of containment.
Weaponise it, use it as a powersource, show it's devastation.

Rather than simply making it a plot device they could actually make it a plot onto itself, imagine a mining company(possibly Luthorcorp) attempting to extract it from the ground but it kills everyone at the dig site. Superman investigates but ends up dropping like a stone, unconscious, slowly dying until he's rescued by a hazmat team in highly advanced protective suits.

Real world consequences will eliminate Krytonite being a get out of jail plot device whilst still paying homage to it being a very integral part of the Superman mythos.

Basically, if you're going to use it, give it some gravitas and stop having people wave it around like a glow stick with absolutely no repercussions. Any human that touches it should die and Superman should be severly screwed if he handles it.

Last edited by mackertim; 07-21-12 at 04:57 PM.
mackertim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-12, 05:15 PM   #16
Elite

Quote: Originally Posted by mackertim View Post
Simply make Kryptonite lethal to everyone that touches it. In fact, make it the most radioactive material in the universe. All organic life should be affected by it's toxicity. The only way someone should be able to be near Kryptonite is in some form of containment.
Weaponise it, use it as a powersource, show it's devastation.

Rather than simply making it a plot device they could actually make it a plot onto itself, imagine a mining company(possibly Luthorcorp) attempting to extract it from the ground but it kills everyone at the dig site. Superman investigates but ends up dropping like a stone, unconscious, slowly dying until he's rescued by a hazmat team in highly advanced protective suits.

Real world consequences will eliminate Krytonite being a get out of jail plot device whilst still paying homage to it being a very integral part of the Superman mythos.

Basically, if you're going to use it, give it some gravitas and stop having people wave it around like a glow stick with absolutely no repercussions. Any human that touches it should die and Superman should be severly screwed if he handles it.
Lex got cancer from it so it can harm humans.
usiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-12, 05:17 PM   #17
Master

I'm pretty sure General Zod will have Advanced Kryptonian weaponry capable of killing Superman and you'd have to imagine it will play a role in killing Zod himself. Advanced technology of any kind should have the ability to usurp his powers.

Kryponite in the form I mentioned above would also help in counteracting his power.

An intense beat down could weaken him to the point were his ability to heal becomes void, allowing an enemy to strike a killer blow. This could be shown by him bleeding as a fight goes on and his strength diminishing vastly.

If i'm not mistaken telekinesis is the source of his power in the film not the sun. That will explain why he doesn't have to disguise himself with glasses, clumsiness and bad hair. He could use telekinesis to alter people's perception of what they see, as clarke he may use the telekinesis to present a different version of himself to the people that work and deal with clarke and just be himself as Superman.

I've thought about this way too much. I'm off to bed before I really go on a Superman spree.

Last edited by mackertim; 07-21-12 at 05:22 PM.
Old 07-21-12, 05:21 PM   #18
Elite

Zod? Dieing? Doubt it. He'll probably be thrown into the negazone or whatever it's called. I just hope there's an actual fight, an actual battle instead of someone coming up with a weapon to McGuffin the other, and then have that weapon taken to be used against the one who first had it.
Old 07-21-12, 05:35 PM   #19
Master

You could be right Usiel, but I don't believe Zod carrying a weapon is a Macguffin as he is military and it would be very much a part of his world. And if you have a weapon that could kill your enemy you'll use it.

I just feel they're going for a real world setting with real world consequences which means a likely death for the villain.

Unless, Zod plays the political card and convinces the people of Earth that Superman is the Villain of the piece and gets them to hunt him down while he positions himself as a Saviour.
I can see this being the route they take, Zod offering vast riches of technology and the promise of great leaps in medicine, knowledge of the universe and weaponry.
He may see a sequel but I still think he'll bite the bullet, his tyrannical, totalitarian automony will let people see his true colors.

The Phantom Zone doesn't feel like the vibe they're going for here. But I could be way off.

Last edited by mackertim; 07-21-12 at 05:49 PM.
Old 07-21-12, 06:05 PM   #20
Master

You've probably hit the nail right on the head Alexi. A really competent movie but a big detraction from the Superman character everyone is used to.
Old 07-21-12, 06:09 PM   #21
HD Addict

Well I personally can't wait to see a different rendition of Superman...especially with Zack Snyder and Nolan!!
scoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-12, 06:31 PM   #22
Elite

Nice another movie to look forward to, thanks for sharing :)
Majes_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-12, 06:45 PM   #23
Elite

I'm not looking forward to the Superman uniform, but that's me I guess. Comics shouldn't be put in a "real world" because hell this guy can move faster than a bullet, flies, strong enough to lift mountains.

Hell, the recent movies were supposed to be a "Well what if they existed in this world" and they brought in Norse gods.

Oh well lol. Just nitpicking :P.
Old 07-21-12, 07:17 PM   #24
Autobot Supreme Commander

Quote: Originally Posted by mackertim View Post
I'm pretty sure General Zod will have Advanced Kryptonian weaponry capable of killing Superman and you'd have to imagine it will play a role in killing Zod himself. Advanced technology of any kind should have the ability to usurp his powers.

Kryponite in the form I mentioned above would also help in counteracting his power.
I like the idea your saying about Kryptonite being a harmful material all together but then again if Superman does die... Jor-el just brings him back again! Kill that stupid iced fortress too.

I think Smallville really ruined Superman for me and they did go extreme.. black Kryptonite and the rest
Omega_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-12, 08:09 PM   #25
Apprentice

i never gave the more modern superman movies a chance...but this one gave me a large boner. i like nolan's portrayal of batman, and i cant wait for superman.
nuwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-12, 03:18 AM   #26
Elite

About time they made superheroes a bit more human-like rather god-like.
tehCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-12, 06:47 AM   #27
Newcomer
I hear there is a Comic Con Trailer that shows a lot more. Does someone have it in HD maybe? I doubt it but maybe...^^
Supermax2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-12, 07:00 AM   #28
Not Banned

Quote: Originally Posted by Supermax2011 View Post
I hear there is a Comic Con Trailer that shows a lot more. Does someone have it in HD maybe? I doubt it but maybe...^^
A million miles from HD but this is the Comic Con trailer (monkeys on steroids)......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOXZq1yCR1k
carlmc1 is offline   Reply With Quote