> >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-12, 10:48 PM   #1
The Brat

Help Questions concerning Robot Chicken, God Good and Prometheus

1) I did a Google search concerning Robot Chicken. But the information is confusing. Is Robot Chicken still running? Where? Canada maybe?

2) Is God Good a 100% Canadian production?

3) Is the movie Prometheus as boring as the latest Promo on TP? Anyone seen anything in addition?

Thx
Old 06-08-12, 10:57 PM   #2
»\_(ツ)_/»

I can answer the third question, sort of. I'm going to see the movie tonight, so I'll let you know somewhere after 24:00 (GMT+1). So far the rating on IMDb is 7.7, so it should at least be enjoyable. (and the promos were far from boring, but that's just me)
L1b3rta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-12, 11:00 PM   #3
Bad command or file name

According to Wikipedia, Robot Chicken is soon to air a new special, but they (Wiki) aren't sure whether there will be more after that.
Quote:
A sixth season is currently in production and will be airing soon. Season 6 will contain a half-hour special based on DC Comics, premiering on July 1, 2012.

As of January 15, 2012, 100 episodes of Robot Chicken have been aired over five seasons. No further episodes have been announced besides the DC Comics special.
Noledox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-12, 11:08 PM   #4
The Brat

Thank you both!!!

Well, sorry L1b3rta for calling the Promo boring, but my fast forward button was pretty busy.

Noledox, I am still looking for that particular scene with the North Korean dictator. Meanwhile I doubt it was about the present one. The news coverage was, but Robot Chicken (it could have been a scene from Robot Chicken)?!? I hate it whenever they don┤t mention the source. It is like interrupted XXXXX, you know.
thunderball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-12, 11:15 PM   #5
Bad command or file name

There was also the movie Team America World Police, which made fun of Kim Jong Il. They made him really small compared to other characters, among other things.
Noledox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-12, 11:56 PM   #6
The Brat

Thank you, I look into it!
Old 06-09-12, 08:32 AM   #7
The Perseverant

I saw Prometheus and really enjoyed it. First movie in a long time to keep me on the edge of my seat like that. Although, if you didn't enjoy the previews maybe the movie isn't for you? It's a lot of suspense and can be slow in parts (which I don't mind)
kolewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-12, 06:08 PM   #8
»\_(ツ)_/»

Back from the movie. It was quite entertaining, and watched it via XpanD 3D glasses (which was really not all that bad, considering alot people complain about the 3D movies). I feel the 7.8 IMDb rating is quite on the money. The story is not bad, it has got some nice twists in it. And it makes one think of where we come from in a fictional way. Though I wished it had a bit more action in it, but that's just me. I do recommend the movie however. It's not the best of Ridley Scott, but as I said, it is at least quite entertaining. I reckon it is even better if you've already seen all the other Alien films (which I have not), considering this is a prequel (though Ridley Scott has not officially claimed it to be, the evidence is there).

Last edited by L1b3rta; 06-09-12 at 06:24 PM.
Old 06-09-12, 09:29 PM   #9
The Brat

First, thank you both!!

Quote: Originally Posted by kolewan View Post
I saw Prometheus and really enjoyed it. First movie in a long time to keep me on the edge of my seat like that. Although, if you didn't enjoy the previews maybe the movie isn't for you? It's a lot of suspense and can be slow in parts (which I don't mind)
What was it that kept you on the edge of your seat?
I don┤t mind if a movie is slow in parts - if - it supports the story line.

Quote: Originally Posted by L1b3rta View Post
Back from the movie. It was quite entertaining, and watched it via XpanD 3D glasses (which was really not all that bad, considering alot people complain about the 3D movies).
It┤s has been probably not the 3D the viewers complained about, I bet they used point-of-view shot, again (sigh), which nearly all the time makes me nauseas.

I feel the 7.8 IMDb rating is quite on the money.
The ratings have to be evaluated carefully anyway.

It's not the best of Ridley Scott, but as I said, it is at least quite entertaining. I reckon it is even better if you've already seen all the other Alien films (which I have not), considering this is a prequel (though Ridley Scott has not officially claimed it to be, the evidence is there).
That is exactly the impression I got after watching the Promo. The cast is boring, the story already told a thousand times. Having seen lots of other SciFi this is a killer criteria for Prometheus on my behalf. Did Scott at least use the latest computer technology? I never trust fancy names. Look what happened to "Terra Nova". Spielberg stole from numerous kind of other Science Fiction movies/series and bored the audience to death. They both obviously should go on pension. Hopefully the take Kevin Costner along. His latest history "crime" was disgusting (spit-wise ) and boring too.
Old 06-09-12, 10:17 PM   #10
»\_(ツ)_/»

The acting in this movie wasn't bad. Though one would want have had more character build, but after the movie ended, one could easily conclude that it was intentionally done this way as it was more the human species vs 'them' thing (you'll have to see the movie to figure that one out! :P), instead of 'big hotshot' that is the center of attention as with most horror movies.

And to say a bit more about the 3D, it was good. For example, you could really feel that you were almost inside a storm that revolted around the characters during several scenes.
As for getting sick because of certain 3D effects. I don't know if different methods of watching 3D can affect that. I do know that with those 1 dollar non electronic 3D glasses you get in the majority of cinemas the 3D images that are generated is different than with XpanD 3D cinemas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XpanD_3D

Last edited by L1b3rta; 06-09-12 at 10:20 PM.
Old 06-09-12, 10:33 PM   #11
The Brat

.... (you'll have to see the movie to figure that one out! :P), instead of 'big hotshot' that is the center of attention as with most horror movies.
Every peace of art needs an emphasis and a descant. If the story doesn┤t include both, the actors have to save the production. But maybe I don┤t belong to the main target group. The usual "Botox Patrol" once was called bad acting!

As for getting sick because of certain 3D effects. I don't know if different methods of watching 3D can affect that.
I wasn┤t referring to 3D. I was complaining about the constant point-of-view shots which are considered hip and cool these days. They just make me nauseas. It triggers my inner urge to yell; "use a tripod stupids!"