> >

Old 05-19-12, 01:21 PM   #15
Novice
It really is a crappy thing to do - force a network dependency on a single player computer game. It's preposterous in fact!!

Blizzard are simply flouting their power cos they know Diablo has such a big following, and they have soooooooo amped up the release, they just know people are dying to play it and will suffer whatever restrictions Blizzard impose on them.

I'll be buying it, but I really do look forward to a server we can run locally.

We really all should blast Blizzard's inbox and tell them what we think of this!
Old 05-19-12, 04:15 PM   #16
Expert
Quote: Originally Posted by looj24498 View Post
I felt the same way all of you here does, but my love for Diablo 3 exceeded my hate for Blizzard and so I gave in and bought a copy the other day. I'm sorry for being weak. good luck to all the emulator's creators. hope they succeed soon.
exactly my case looj,even if they succeed with this emulatar,im going to buy it.i hate them but im weak for diablo...damn you blizzard
Old 05-19-12, 06:10 PM   #17
Novice
i love diablo and really thought abt buying D3. but i just can't comprehend the online server single player stuff. So for now, sorry no buy.

But if the price drop to < $20, maybe i'll consider buying it.
Old 05-19-12, 07:30 PM   #18
Newcomer
So wait, some of you are talking about how you hate the always-online-DRM single player and didn't buy the game because of it, but praise this server emulator project that also requires you to connect to their server, instead of Blizzard's, to play SP? Talk about hypocrisy.

Last edited by Wyclef; 05-19-12 at 07:32 PM.
Old 05-19-12, 08:52 PM   #19
\_(ツ)_/

Quote: Originally Posted by Wyclef View Post
So wait, some of you are talking about how you hate the always-online-DRM single player and didn't buy the game because of it, but praise this server emulator project that also requires you to connect to their server, instead of Blizzard's, to play SP? Talk about hypocrisy.
To Sherlock, difference is, you're not supporting the company that implemented the DRM because you're playing without paying.

And I'm sure you can play the game offline at some point later on aswell, which is what most people initially wanted for the singleplayer.

Last edited by L1b3rta; 05-19-12 at 09:06 PM.
Old 05-19-12, 09:50 PM   #20
Novice
Quote: Originally Posted by Wyclef View Post
You run the server locally, and vua la! You're playing 'offline'.
Old 05-19-12, 11:42 PM   #21
Just Keep Breathing

"To Sherlock" Hahaha nice touch there Lib3rta lol You pretty much explained it well to him :)
Old 05-20-12, 09:37 AM   #22
Apprentice
well, i'm waiting..I told myself that , if that game wont be cracked till end of june, I will buy it. To hell with this waiting...60 euros is like going to a resturant with my wife.
If I can save it, why not..I dont want to teach Blizzard A lesson, I want it FREE(Till July hehe).
Old 05-20-12, 10:36 AM   #23
Newcomer

But You've got to give it to them: They have created quite a time gap for the Pirated software to work compared to most games in this Pirate Era. But releasing the game at around School finals will drop the gpa of rich kids, while the pirate kids won't be getting the game until after finals.

You see, they are only making us Pirates stronger :D
Old 05-20-12, 10:57 AM   #24
Illuminati P.R. Dept

Quote: Originally Posted by trollfish123 View Post
Liar. You hope they make an emulator so you don't have to pay for this game. I'm not judging you, but just be honest.
It's not even remotely about not paying for the game, it's about the ability to use your own computer how and when you decide, not how and when some software publisher decides. Hosting critical content to a single player game on online servers only, forces me into the position where I can only play..

#1. If and when I don't have an internet outage.
#2. If If and when the game servers aren't choked.
#3. Only for as long as that publisher considers it profitable to keep those servers running.

These limitations apply whether I paid for the game or not.

What if I'm on vacation, with my laptop & I want to play the single player game?
What if their servers are down for maintenance?
What if Anon get a bug up their ass and DDOS Blizzard?

For MMOPG these are the risks you take, but for Single Player? - Really? Fk that shit!
Old 05-20-12, 11:01 PM   #25
Newcomer
Let's see....

It's online all the time required, but for some reason I can't login at my friends house and have access to my characters.

I get lag spikes in Singleplayer...because I have to be connected to their servers.

Something happens and I get disconnected. Log back in to find that I lost half an hour of progress. That epic piece of loot that I found, gone.

It's a bad economy, so my boss decides that since business is slow, he is cutting my hours each week. Internet is a luxury, it's one of the first things to go. It's okay though, I still have games to play. I just bought Diablo 3. Surely it will hold me over for a while....oh wait.

But we are just trying to eliminate 3rd party hacks and cheaters. No. It's DRM. It's to stop piracy. Ya know what. If I want to cheat and use a 3rd party hack in my single player game that I paid for, it's none of your damn business Blizzard. It's on my PC not hurting anyone.

I really hope they do make an emulator and crack this dude wide open. So we can go to Blizzard and say, Yo...your DRM doesn't work. All it does is limit the people who actually pay for your product. So, can you quit that shit already?
Old 05-21-12, 06:34 PM   #26
Illuminati P.R. Dept

Quote: Originally Posted by staalker View Post
Let's see....

It's online all the time required, but for some reason I can't login at my friends house and have access to my characters.

I get lag spikes in Singleplayer...because I have to be connected to their servers.

Something happens and I get disconnected. Log back in to find that I lost half an hour of progress. That epic piece of loot that I found, gone.

It's a bad economy, so my boss decides that since business is slow, he is cutting my hours each week. Internet is a luxury, it's one of the first things to go. It's okay though, I still have games to play. I just bought Diablo 3. Surely it will hold me over for a while....oh wait.

But we are just trying to eliminate 3rd party hacks and cheaters. No. It's DRM. It's to stop piracy. Ya know what. If I want to cheat and use a 3rd party hack in my single player game that I paid for, it's none of your damn business Blizzard. It's on my PC not hurting anyone.

I really hope they do make an emulator and crack this dude wide open. So we can go to Blizzard and say, Yo...your DRM doesn't work. All it does is limit the people who actually pay for your product. So, can you quit that shit already?
**GOLF CLAP**

+1
Old 05-22-12, 12:41 AM   #27
Master
Quote: Originally Posted by staalker View Post
Sometimes I wish trolls would at least have some idea what the hell they are trolling about. This right there is solid evidence that you never ever played D3 and experienced a disconnect. Your opinion is strictly based on heresay, rumors and general anti-blizzard-fanboys.

D3 character data is saved almost in realtime. You get a disconnect you lose AT MOST a minute worth of items picked up, NO GOLD or exp as far as I can tell and you'll enter your next game at the last checkpoint passed OR the last dungeon entrance (aka load screen).

In a nutshell, you're losing next to nothing when your gameserver crashes or you get a disconnect for whatever reason. So quit the trolling until you can manage to be a smarttroll(tm).
Old 05-22-12, 08:50 AM   #28
Newcomer
Mooege said they might have something by Tuesday and today is Tuesday, if they have a retail release then it will probably only allow players to connect but then again it could be even less and only a statement on their progress.