> >

Old 01-23-12, 04:05 AM   #239
Newcomer
sounds to me like the legit users who lost/exposed personal stuff could come together and class action the gov or something. can't just burn the innocents with the so called guilty.

so for the legit ppl out there do it!
Old 01-23-12, 05:55 AM   #240
Newcomer
Quote: Originally Posted by qwm2010 View Post
I lost 8 Terabytes(my virtual HD) and 79 euros (bought 4 years membership last week). I bought via PayPal. Trying retrieve my money. really sucks
8 Terabytes, man that was a huge collection I feel for you.....
Old 01-23-12, 09:03 AM   #241
Expert
Quote: Originally Posted by bryce35 View Post
well.... with all this shit going on... this is the end of the world as we know it :( *drinks shit loads of vodka*
I think that perhaps years in the future the quality and the speed of online streaming will improve so that there will be very little need to actually download stuff. I don't believe that fbi is gonna "win" and stop the tech progres and the spirit of internet sharing, not ever:)
Old 01-23-12, 09:10 AM   #242
Apprentice
Quote: Originally Posted by ha_pi_pi View Post
I think that perhaps years in the future the quality and the speed of online streaming will improve so that there will be very little need to actually download stuff. I don't believe that fbi is gonna "win" and stop the tech progres and the spirit of internet sharing, not ever:)
Yeah no, I am an Australian, I like celebrity rehab, I can not steam because they only let US ip to view their shows.
Old 01-23-12, 10:03 AM   #243
Expert
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSion View Post
Yeah no, I am an Australian, I like celebrity rehab, I can not steam because they only let US ip to view their shows.
Yeah well maybe the right word I meant wass not exactly "streaming", but sharing online without downloading, something like that:
http://www.1channel.ch/?tv
But in the future, I dream there could be much better quality even on a web play:)
Of course there must be some rip file to put there to play first, but at least lots of people will make do without downloading it.

Not wishing to argue with DarthSion, anyway it was just a thought, about years in the future:)

Last edited by ha_pi_pi; 01-23-12 at 10:35 AM.
Old 01-23-12, 10:21 AM   #244
Apprentice
Quote: Originally Posted by ha_pi_pi View Post
Yeah well maybe the right word I meant wass not exactly "streaming", but sharing online without downloading, something like that:
http://www.1channel.ch/?tv
But in the future, I dream there could be much better quality even on a web play:)
Of course there must be some rip file to put there to play first, but at least lots of people will make do without downloading it.
Your American aren't you, Aussie broadband sucks, a large number of Aussies are on 1.5mbs or slower speeds, and very crappy download limits, it will be years before our NBN (national broadband network) is fully rolled out, so again not going to work.

Not to mention there are dozens an dozens of video rippers for youtube.
Old 01-23-12, 10:59 AM   #245
Novice
The guy responsible for SOPA is at it again. With another bill that monitors your Credit Card activity online
Old 01-23-12, 11:43 AM   #246
Newcomer
Quote: Originally Posted by LesGrossman View Post
The guy responsible for SOPA is at it again. With another bill that monitors your Credit Card activity online
Got a link for this?

I wonder who's paying him cause his positions sure as hell are not a result of any altruistic tendencies.

They have been ripping us off for years -- do CD's really cost $20 to make?

Seriously, if it was worth it, consumers would buy it to support it.
Old 01-23-12, 11:48 AM   #247
Novice
http://www.slashgear.com/sopa-sponsor-has-another-internet-bill-that-records-you-247-20210264/
Old 01-23-12, 11:55 AM   #248
Newcomer
Thanks. That will never pass constitutional muster.

It is the very definition of overbreadth, wherein the government tries to regulate a a smaller issue with too broad a law.

I'm not worried, though I get more and more pissed off.
Old 01-23-12, 11:59 AM   #249
Novice
Either way Senator Lamar Smith. Needs to get voted out. The people that run against him. Needs to make people aware that this scum bag is responsible for SOPA & trying to get it passed