Old 04-05-10, 03:04 AM   #141
Newcomer
Default Re: Jademan Comics / Kung Fu Comics

I see all these series in Chinese for second hand in Hong Kong. I just wished I was able to read them... it would make life so much easier for me to try and track all the English ones down. Great for everyone's contributions.
kidclam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-10, 08:59 AM   #142
Expert

The Force of Buddha's Palm
scanned by Hedron
(No resizing, no descreening, unfiltered)

The Force of Buddha's Palm, issues 26-30

Issues 26-30: White Crane and Devilito battle, while Nine Continents catches up with his old servant. White Crane quips: "So my skeletons have danced out of the closet."

Another great line: "Good for you. Everyone should take a secret to their grave!"

Enjoy!

Note: You may notice on my scans where the pages are uneven, I don't crop the page precisely. There are edges, and portions of other comic pages still visible. This is deliberate, I would rather have it appear "unneat" than leave out any artwork. Sorry, it's my choice.
Hedron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-10, 08:47 PM   #143
Newcomer

Thankyou HEDRON for all the work you you put into finding and making available the Jademan comic series!
teostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-10, 09:50 PM   #144
Newcomer

Hedron, the link to Buddha's Palm 06-10 is no longer active.
Old 04-11-10, 11:02 AM   #145
Expert

Looks like Hotfile kind of sucks if that's the case. Megaupload links stay up for years.

Here's a new link for The Force of Buddha's Palm Issues 6-10

Enjoy!
Old 04-11-10, 11:04 AM   #146
Guru

GREAT POST!

THANKS AND REGARDS.
BuckRogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-10, 12:16 AM   #147
Newcomer

Thanks for the upload. Not sure why the links will be down. I know Hotfile links stay up. Unless someone reported your link...
Old 04-13-10, 10:15 AM   #148
Expert

I am careful not to name them something intelligible. I always laugh when I see someone put up a link that says something like "Lady GaGa The Fame Monster". That will be up for about 3 seconds before the bots delete it... Just name the files something that can't be read, like "afsds8sgf7867g".

I'm working on Buddha's Palm 31-35. A couple issues done so far...
Old 04-15-10, 09:34 PM   #149
Newcomer

@Hedron. Yes I see that often too and you wonder why people still put the same name that they upload.
Old 04-16-10, 12:03 AM   #150
Newcomer

thanks for this treasure!

Last edited by rdrnnr; 04-16-10 at 04:13 AM.
zhoel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-10, 04:28 PM   #151
Expert

Default The Blood Sword (1988) Jademan Comics

The Blood Sword (Hotfile repost)
scanned by Hedron

Jademan comics originally published Blood Sword in English from 1988 to 1993, issues 1-53. Over the past few years, DrMaster Publications has republished these issues with gorgeous computerized coloring, and a new translation. They look great:

For some reason, Dr.Master decided the early issues of the Blood Sword would be too boring, so they started their new reprints from issue 24.

Sadly, the weirdness doesn't end there. American readers waiting to see what would happen to the saga in the reprints after issue 53 will have to wait even longer. DrMaster Publications stopped their reprints at Volume 8, originally issue 52. (Issue 53, in the original, appears to have been cobbled together from various issues to give American readers a sense of closure.)

So with all that in mind, here are my scans. These scans were made by hand by me on my old low-end 42-bit Memorex scanner. The scan rate is reasonably fast at 100 DPI, so that is what most of the comic pages are scanned at.

For covers, special battle scenes or splash panels, I increased the scan to 150 DPI. This would be the best setting for the entire run, and I can only apologize that it would take too long to scan all these Jademan titles that resolution.

The Blood Sword, issues 01-17

(I have placed 'scans by watermarks' at the end of issues 1 and 53, just to say hey.)
(Tested with CDisplay Image Display Program - version 1.8.1.0 by David Ayton)

The Blood Sword, issues 18-30, 50-53

Note II:

Finally, here is a website of original Chinese Blood Sword covers (covers only). This site has been around

nearly as long as there has been an internet:

Enjoy!

Last edited by Hedron; 04-17-10 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Added 2nd link
Old 04-19-10, 10:32 AM   #152
Expert

back to back!

The Force of Buddha's Palm 31-35
scanned by Hedron

issues 31-35

Issues 31-35: For years, White Crane has striven to make his kung fu supreme in China, now he faces the greatest fighter of all time, Nine Continents. Crane has honed his stolen skills, will they be enough to save him from the righteous Force of Buddha's Palm? Read and see!

These issues debut the final move of Buddha's Palm, the 'Wrath of a Million Buddhas". In #34, the artists weren't really sure how to portray this, just a bunch of Buddhas standing around. They quickly addressed this in #36, as the move is given full poetic display. Nine Continents doesn't use the move again until #55, and they don't even bother with the caption, but you know what it is!

Samsun has a filler story battling wooden mannequins who have been "programmed" with the moves of Buddha's Palm. It's silly, but I enjoyed the part where the giant Buddha smacks him down.

These issues in the 30s are my favorites of the series. We get to see all the kung fu styles at their peak, and the big "twin brothers" storyline wraps up in issue 37. The series continues to issue 55 and has a satisfying conclusion for English readers, of course. Great stuff.

Enjoy!
Old 04-19-10, 05:37 PM   #153
Newcomer

I collected 4 of the English Jademan series, Blood Sword, Oriental Heroes, Drunken Fist, and the Force of Buddhas Palm, but they all got lost when I moved.

I had the urge to see if there were any way to watch them online today, and saw this site! Thanks everyone for their contributions and scanning!
TyroneB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-10, 05:59 PM   #154
Expert

You're welcome, TyroneB. Use the Cdisplay program to view them. (Or just rename to .rar files and unzip them. It's a very simple process.)