Old 05-16-10, 05:34 AM   #197
Newcomer
Default Re: Jademan Comics / Kung Fu Comics

FANTASTIC! Comicsfiend, thank you.

This thread just keeps getting better and better! I remember the Fung Wan graphic novels back in the day....they were very expensive!
1stAmendment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-10, 01:34 PM   #198
Expert

Quote: Originally Posted by dglennon8875 View Post
p.s. Issue #10 included a foldout poster (4 pages/panels width) that I was not able to include, but I'll try and scan it and add it to this post as a separate download.
Remember that Rdrnnr has helpfully collimated the 4 pages of the poster I scanned, and is available at:

Enjoy the giant Jademan poster!
Hedron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-10, 09:37 AM   #199
Newcomer

Quote: Originally Posted by 1stAmendment View Post
FANTASTIC! Comicsfiend, thank you.

This thread just keeps getting better and better! I remember the Fung Wan graphic novels back in the day....they were very expensive!
Hey, 1stAmendment, thanks.

Hey everyone here, just got a warning. One was for a flame, and the other was for coding the links incorrectly.

For anyone that felt flamed at all, I tend to switch from ordinary English to slang. I'm sure someone notices that I used "sick" in the context of "cool", somewhat skater slang talk. I'll be uploading the links back when I've discussed things over with a mod.
ComicsFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-10, 09:59 AM   #200
Newcomer

awesome job on the drunken master. my internet work better with Megaupload
jacqueskuat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-10, 06:52 PM   #201
Newcomer

Saw the Megaupload link. THANKS!!!
jacqueskuat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-10, 04:19 PM   #202
Expert

Quote: Originally Posted by eilyc View Post
Oriental Heroes / Tiger Wong / Dragon Tiger Heroes
If I may offer a small review of these Hong Kong issues...

First, this is a great treat for those of us who do not live in Asia. These are issues unavailable anywhere at anytime, so thank you!

Second, having said that, I believe we got the cream of the crop with the translated Jademan comics that were published in English.

These "DTH" issues appear to have been made after Jademan went bankrupt. Another company acquired the characters, and wrote and drew them as they saw fit. Although I cannot read Cantonese, the characters all seem to be snarling. The art is technically sharp, but not as artistic as the classic Jademan efforts. There appears to be little of the soap opera drama that attracted me to Oriental Heroes. I guess the new company didn't know how to handle the characters, I don't think they were served well. It would be like Disney acquiring Marvel comics, and rewriting Wolverine to be cute and cheerful. (But this is just my impression, I could be wrong.)

So this is good, it means I must continue my work in scanning the English Jademan titles. I will resume Buddha's Palm scans when time permits. These are classics that must be preserved!
Old 05-22-10, 01:20 PM   #203
Newcomer

No dice on the Fung Wan, fellas. At least, not until I up them myself. I'll get to it at some time. Thanks again to all the posters, this topic is pretty awesome.

Last edited by ComicsFiend; 05-22-10 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Thanks added.
ComicsFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-10, 02:26 AM   #204
Newcomer

Hi, first of all thanks heaps for the the great efforts scanning them.
Appreciate it, really.

I was wondering if someone can re-up The Force of Buddha's Palm no 16-20 and 21-25. The Links seem expired.

Once again, Thanks so much!
wedhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-10, 06:18 AM   #205
Newcomer

Wow, I never thought I would find Jademan Comics available for download. Thanks a lot for the Blood Sword series! I've liked the Buddha's Palm series also, but there's something about the Blood Sword artwork that draws me in. It seems more elegant. Anyways, thanks again for your hard work!
ThrottleChunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-10, 04:17 PM   #206
Expert

Quote: Originally Posted by wedhok View Post
I was wondering if someone can re-up The Force of Buddha's Palm no 16-20 and 21-25. The Links seem expired.
The Hotfile links were for those who can't access Megaupload due to their region. Hopefully these will last longer.

The Force of Buddha's Palm, issues 16-20

The Force of Buddha's Palm, issues 21-25

I am scanning 41-45 and should have that up in a day or two.

Old 05-25-10, 02:50 AM   #207
Newcomer

Woo hoo, thanks so much hedron, you're the best.
wedhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-10, 07:42 AM   #208
Expert

The Force of Buddha's Palm
scanned by Hedron
no descreening or resizing

The Force of Buddha's Palm, issues 41-45

The Force of Buddha's Palm - Issues 41-45

Jademan's founder Tony Wong says it best: "The Force of Buddha's Palm is my attempt to bring a novelistic approach to the comic book. Similar in tone to traditional Chinese kung fu novels, the Force of Buddha's Palm combines exaggeration of movement with modern animation techniques to bring the story alive in a visually exciting way. More than any of my other titles, The Force of Buddha's Palm relies on visuals alone to tell the story."

Buddha's Palm focuses on the greatest hero of ancient China, a man with the memorable name of Nine Continents. He is the wielder of the most powerful kung fu of any Jademan comics, and this story is about his trials.

Issues 41-45: What is it that makes a hero? Nine Continents is the most powerful kung fu artist in ancient China. It's easy to be a hero when you can level mountains and destroy entire armies with your powers. But would he be a great hero if he lost all of that power? That's what this story arc describes, and culminates at the end of the series. Robbed of his power, left with only his knowledge of martial arts and tricks, Nine now has to show what he is made of. He gets injured pretty badly in these issues, so be cautioned.

Word Balloon fun: Issue 42 has an unintentionally humorous word balloon switch with Iron Boy and Ling. Watch for it, it's funny.

Note on Iron Boy: Issue 43 has him losing his turban, I guess the artists wanted to draw his hair. An improved look, although it does make him hard to tell apart from Nine Continents on some panels. (A resemblance that is actually worked into the plot in later issues.)

Issue 44: This issue was crumpled up by the post office, but it's one of the most pivotal. I include the back cover ad from The Blood Sword, because it's a striking line drawing. I decided with these scans to only include Jademan ads that were of original artwork not otherwise seen in their actual translated issues. This is purely a personal judgment that saves me time in scanning the entire series. My apologies to purists in that respect.

There's also the death of a major character, sad to say. This series is not Batman or Spiderman. People die, characters they've worked a long time building up and defining. It's heart-rending, but it's also good storytelling. And it's why Jademan was not a typical comic book company. (It was a shock to me who died.)

This portion also features the last appearance of Devilito and Mo Yung. There's a lesson here for Devilito in showing off his powers, he ticks off the wrong people and almost gets Mo killed. We are left with him healing her with his chi, and not knowing what happens next. We leave them in an intimate embrace in issue 43, so perhaps that is best...

We also don't know what happened to Iron Heart and Samsun. Her father is stated to be King Lion/Leo, which is why he survives the end of the series. But what happens when they find him, and his reaction to his long lost daughter, also is unknown on these shores. But back to Nine Continents, and his long journey to the Persian Holy Temple. (Forget Prince of Persia, this is where the action is at.)

Enjoy!
Old 05-25-10, 07:47 AM   #209
Novice

the admin not gonna allow request, i got 1 warning for that. i already knew the rules, but i just forgot it :(
by the way, i think it ok to request via PM. :)
thanks to all people uploading the comics (especially Hedron and dglennon8875) and makes this thread alive, it one of the best thread here.
CreepyCrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-10, 08:07 AM   #210
Expert

Feel free to PM me, especially if one of my link expires.

And yes, I am eagerly awaiting more Drunken Fist from Dglennon as well!