Old 02-10-10, 08:37 PM   #99
Newcomer
Default Re: Jademan Comics / Kung Fu Comics

I just want to say thanks to Hedron for all his hard work on the scans and to everyone else contributing. Way way back as a kid I managed to get most of the Jademan books from a hole in the wall comic store that sold used comics (5 for $1). If I remember right, Blood Sword Dynasty was still being sold new on shelves at the time. It's meant alot to me to be able to read the books again (particularly both Blood Sword series) because I attached alot of good memories to them. Thanks again!
Beardorigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-10, 01:23 AM   #100
Newcomer

wow ...force of buddah's palm never finished reading this series thanks so much for the upload
tykoo20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-10, 08:49 AM   #101
Newcomer

thanks a million to Hedron....
this thread throws me into the past :D
insankamil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-10, 08:45 PM   #102
Expert

The Force of Buddha's Palm
scan by Hedron
Canon LIDE 200 - No resizing

The Force of Buddha's Palm, issues 1-5

Jademan's founder Tony Wong says it best: "The Force of Buddha's Palm is my attempt to bring a novelistic approach to the comic book. Similar in tone to traditional Chinese kung fu novels, the Force of Buddha's Palm combines exaggeration of movement with modern animation techniques to bring the story alive in a visually exciting way. More than any of my other titles, The Force of Buddha's Palm relies on visuals alone to tell the story."

Buddha's Palm focuses on the greatest hero of ancient China, a man with the memorable name of Nine Continents. He is the wielder of the most powerful kung fu of any Jademan comics, and this story is about his trials.

The story opens with the horrible murder of his brother and his brother's wife, and of how their twin sons are separated. Tony Wong really puts Marvel and DC story arcs to shame with this one, it takes 37 issues to culminate the story of the twin nephews of Nine Continents!

Typos and misplaced word balloons abound, yet are easy to overlook. There are corny villains, many seemingly named out of a zoo or barnyard, but that's part of the charm.

This is the funniest Jademan title, and one of the most violent. The combination of those two qualities is something only Chinese comics books do best. The characters are my absolute favorites out of all the Jademan titles. This is a beloved series to me, I hope it is for you, too.

Enjoy!
Hedron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-10, 05:42 AM   #103
Newcomer
Emoticon Smile Re: Jademan Comics / Kung Fu Comics

OMG !! I'm so happy finally found this site. I've been searching this sharing files for many years. I've been a big fan of Tony Wong's art and i've grow up buying his comics like Tiger Wong (Oriental Heroes) and Budha's Palm. But when I grew up, my mom threw all my comics and I cannot find it again anywhere. So lucky I can find it again here. Thank you so much !!
iwanonlinecomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-10, 12:16 PM   #104
Expert

Last edited by Hedron; 02-16-10 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-16-10, 09:05 PM   #105
Newcomer

I'm new to the forum, but whatever, hopefully, sometime in the near future, I'll have something to share with you, I have a collection of over 100 of the jademan comics, with issues from The Blood Sword, Blood Sword Dynasty (Kim hung <3), Drunken Fist, and Oriental Heroes, with 95% of them still in good condition, though a bit worn, I'll see what I can get scanned for you guys and will probably make a massive thread with as many issues as possible, though, I would like to hear some opinions on the best image hosting sites I could use, preferably ones without any time constraints for inactivity of users XP

Insta-Edit: Woops, forgot to mention The Force of Buddha's Palm, it's in there as well

Last edited by Sharruken; 02-16-10 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Forgot some info
Sharruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-10, 06:14 PM   #106
Newcomer

As much as I love the Jademan Kung Fu Comics it was the Jademan Collection and The Gates of the Night that I really wanted to see more of. I still have my copies somewhere around here. Thanks for the scans, Hedron! You rock.

Last edited by rdrnnr; 02-19-10 at 04:52 PM.
tohoscope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 04:43 PM   #107
Expert

Thanks, guys.

My ongoing scans of Buddha's Palm are going well. Devilito finally sets out from Demon Valley to make a name for himself. Great stuff. More should be ready next week.
Old 02-21-10, 12:20 AM   #108
Newcomer

Actually I've read both Oriental Heroes and Budha's Palm and I'm pretty sure OH not only until #55 and BP more than #55 also. Anyone has the scan for the rest of the comics ?
Old 02-21-10, 04:24 PM   #109
Expert

Quote: Originally Posted by iwanonlinecomic View Post
Actually I've read both Oriental Heroes and Budha's Palm and I'm pretty sure OH not only until #55 and BP more than #55 also. Anyone has the scan for the rest of the comics ?
Oriental Heroes, in English translation, only ran to issue 55.

The Force of Buddha's Palm, in English translation, only ran to issue 55.

I know this because Jademan specified these were the final issues, and tried to sum things up for their English readers.

Jademan itself, printing in Hong Kong, continued for some time after these issues, but in Chinese editions only. English editions do not run past these issues, I wish they did.

I hope that clears things up.
Old 02-21-10, 04:49 PM   #110
Newcomer

Ah...no wonder. I was wondering how come both of these comics ended #55 while I've read the story long time ago and they're more than that. Even the last issue of Buddha's Palm also a bit different with the original where the Iron Kid should be beaten by Nine Continents with the 9th level of Buddha's palm. And I recalled from the original BP, Nine Continents also discovered level 10 and 11 styles of Buddha's Palm. Hope someone who has the complete version can share it. Thanks :)
Old 02-23-10, 01:35 AM   #111
Expert

The Force of Buddha's Palm
scan by Hedron

issues 6-10

Devilito and Samsun are teenagers now, and both are growing in skill (if not charm). Nine Continents still lies comatose at the hands of Demon Valley.

What I like about this series is that Devilito and Samsun aren't shown immediately fighting high-powered bad guys. Instead, they are still working on their kung fu skills, in a world that doesn't tolerate failure. (Or in the words of Incredible Chap, "There's always someone better.")

Enjoy!
Old 02-23-10, 10:42 PM   #112
Newcomer

Just wanted to echo all the thanks and whatnot being sent Hedron's way; I too grew up on these comics and have been trying for a long time to rebuild my collection, only to stumble onto this site and find these awesome scans. For all of the time and effort you have put into this undertaking, I cannot thank you enough!

I was buying all the titles when they came out (except Iron Marshal), but the fact I was a jobless youngster meant I had to cut ties with certain series; I stuck with Buddha's Palm and Blood Sword / Dynasty, but always wondered what happened in Oriental heroes and Drunken Fist. Reading the Oriental Heroes scans already posted helped fill in those gaps, and I will wait (and hope) that Drunken Fist makes an appearance eventually.

Thanks again Hedron!
mthunders is offline   Reply With Quote