> >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-09, 11:31 PM   #1
Novice
Default 2123 error code in rosetta stone v3

So i go into rosetta stone, and it says database is out of date and the only option is to exit the application. So i google around and people say to delete the "tracker.db3" file but after i do that, i get the error 2123 that says "there was an error with the application" and only option with that is to exit. ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling and even cleaning the registry using bit defender and nothing works. any help?

***Fixed. Turned out BitDefender was what was causing the problem

Last edited by shadowstriker; 09-14-09 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Problem fixed on my own
Old 01-31-10, 06:08 PM   #2
Newcomer
Default Re: 2123 error code in rosetta stone v3

Apologies for bringing up an old thread but I keep getting "2123 error" when I try and run the programme. For reference I'm attempting to run it on Windows 7 (64bit) and I've tried the following...

1) Disabling Windows Firewall and Microsoft Security essential AV (I don't have bitdefender installed), during and post installation

2) I've also tried numerous versions of version 3 with various cracks, all of them kick up the same error.

3) I've attempted to run in Windows XP mode as well as Administrator

4) Tried to delete the trackdat.db(3?) (which doesn't exist anyway)

5) Turned UAC to "Never notify".

Any other solutions please?
sophnetbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-10, 09:49 PM   #3
Newcomer

Hi sophnetbeanie,

had the same problems. I have Windows 7 and I also tried all of your steps.
What worked is: I downloaded TuneUpUtilities and made a 'Tuneup1 1-Click Maintenance' check up (or use any other registry tool).. I had a lot of registry issues, also I defragmented my hard drive and restarted my PC and voilą it works !!
nicibond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 07:40 PM   #4
Newcomer

Quote: Originally Posted by nicibond View Post
Hi sophnetbeanie,

had the same problems. I have Windows 7 and I also tried all of your steps.
What worked is: I downloaded TuneUpUtilities and made a 'Tuneup1 1-Click Maintenance' check up (or use any other registry tool).. I had a lot of registry issues, also I defragmented my hard drive and restarted my PC and voilą it works !!
I did all of this and it did not work for me
ROYGES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-11, 10:58 PM   #5
Newcomer
Found the issue on my machine with Ver. 3. I installed Avast a while ago and then disabled all the features of it. I had to uninstall Avast in order to get Rosetta Stone functioning again.
mgfranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-11, 03:55 PM   #6
Newcomer
it works every other time for me but i cant install any languages
TheSlimHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-11, 01:19 PM   #7
Newcomer
ok i know that this has been asked quite ago but one of the solutions is to create a new desktop shortcut for rosetta stone, so basically, error 2123 is a shortcut error, try going to rosetta stone directory and create a new shortcut for it! hope this helps!
chaelmi is offline   Reply With Quote