> >

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 11-15-09, 11:19 PM   #1
Newcomer
Default Black Edition: What does it mean?

I will close this thread as soon as the answer is something I comprehend. But lately, especially on these forums, I see the term "Black Edition" used often. Usually in the context of Microsoft products such as office and their main OSes.
Well the other day, I was researching to make a new build and found, AMD Athlon Black Edition. I tried to see if anything was special in the description...and nothing. Then a quick google search tells me. "Usually has to do with something colored black."
But this makes no sense. Let's say the AMD processor is black, who gives a hoot, who's going to pay for a processor that's going to be tucked away inside a case with no one to see it? And also it makes no sense for OSes or Office cause they both have features to change their colors in themes and such.
So my question is: what is the formal definition of something "black edition"?
And if someone can answer, what does it mean if something is "blue edition"?
Old 11-15-09, 11:49 PM   #2
The Legendary

Information Re: Black Edition: What does it mean?

You can change the multiplier (it's unlocked

for overclocking) as well from the bios.
Old 11-16-09, 12:29 AM   #3
Newcomer
Default Re: Black Edition: What does it mean?

Ok I understand that relation with hardware. What about software? Why are uploaders constantly calling their OS "black-edition" or Office as "black edition". I recently downloaded office in "blue edition" which I find quite ridiculous as the default Windows theme is blue. What is the secret of this naming convention for software?
Old 11-16-09, 12:50 AM   #4
Newcomer

Quote: Originally Posted by Sueng View Post
Ok I understand that relation with hardware. What about software? Why are uploaders constantly calling their OS "black-edition" or Office as "black edition". I recently downloaded office in "blue edition" which I find quite ridiculous as the default Windows theme is blue. What is the secret of this naming convention for software?
Hi !
Blue Edition, Means..
That the software you downloaded are Activated allready... I'm one of those that also using the blue edition.. and it's never meant for themes & so...

hope, that I answer your quastion...

:)
Good Day
Old 11-16-09, 03:20 AM   #5
Elite

Office blue edition is pre activated.

black edition typically just means that the software has been modified with a black theme.
Old 11-16-09, 06:57 AM   #6
Elite

Black edition means it's full and loaded with crap software you don't need. Pure OSs are best. Download it only if you're too lazy to install VLC, winrar etc.
Old 11-16-09, 07:43 AM   #7
2nd Gen. of Phenom II CPU

I would personally avoid "Black edition" Operating System because they come with trojans.
Old 11-16-09, 04:26 PM   #8
Newcomer

Thanks for explaining this guys. For a second there I was getting confused cause it seemed people were pulling colors out of nowhere. i'm glad to hear the consensus agrees. Thread closed.
Closed Thread