> >

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 01-09-13, 02:22 PM   #1
Apprentice

Default Corrupt RAR files IDM

When I'm downloading RAR files and extract them theres always 2 or 3 corrupted ones then I redownload them and they work fine, It's just started to happen, even when it's just 2 rar's for one movie for instance, at least one is corrupt and as soon as I redownload it works fine, it's just a real pain especially when their 2gb each, and I'm using IDM to download
Old 01-09-13, 03:35 PM   #2
Untouchable

This often happens if the download is interrupted or paused. A common cause of this is trying to DL too many links at once (getting multiple links at once, not in queue or grabber.

There is no simple answer other than to do what you're already doing and re-download the corrupted part but you may try getting less links at the one time.
Old 01-09-13, 04:17 PM   #3
Apprentice
I used to get corrupted rars often when downloading via XDCC bots on irc. Then I found a script that allowed me to automatically re-download on resume, a preset amount of kb in order to avoid corruption. It worked like a charm. No more corrupt files.

I'm not familiar with IDM, but you might check it's settings to see if it has such a feature. Also I would think your source would have to support resume.

Sometimes file corruption can happen to matter what you do. Any number of things can cause it, anywhere along the way from point A to point B.
Old 01-09-13, 04:27 PM   #4
Elite

Quote: Originally Posted by Gandolph13 View Post
This often happens if the download is interrupted or paused. A common cause of this is trying to DL too many links at once (getting multiple links at once, not in queue or grabber.

There is no simple answer other than to do what you're already doing and re-download the corrupted part but you may try getting less links at the one time.
I agree. Less links or less connections per link.
Old 01-09-13, 04:32 PM   #5
Bucking Fastard

Oddly enough, this happened to me once with IDM. Even Lived with it for a couple of months, just re-downloading the files to make them work.

It turned out that I had a bad stick of RAM in my PC. Not saying this is your problem of course, but just sharing anyway.

I would suggest you do a little bit of testing yourself. Try changing the physical disks that IDM writes Finished and Temporary files to.
You can change these settings via "Settings>Save To" tab. Because IDM essentially writes each downloaded part twice, you may have disk errors that are corrupting the temp files.
Remember, I don't mean change directories on the same disks, I mean change directories on actual physical drives. Not partitions either.

Just a suggestion.

Old 01-10-13, 01:40 AM   #6
Apprentice

Cheers for the tips, i've done a Ram test and all seems fine there and Im checking HDD's now, and I'll try the different HDD saving once finished with chkdsk, It was working fine for ages and now in the last week it's been corrupt, it's very annoying,
Old 01-11-13, 09:04 PM   #7
Apprentice

Sorted the problem, it was a Adobe_plugin.exe soaking up 99% of the cpu usage continuous, sorted that, now not a single corrupt RAR file, Thanks for everyones help, muchly appreciated
Old 01-11-13, 09:12 PM   #8
=ε/̵͇̿̿/̿̿ ̿ `o.O

Might want to reply here to say you have sorted the problem

Cpu 100% usage all the time
Closed Thread