> >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-12, 08:45 AM   #1
Novice

Default Editing and Converting WTV files?

Hi,

I have many WTV (HDTV) recordings which don't seem to be protected. Ideally I'd like to just edit and keep as wtv's, but I'm assuming that isn't possible?

I have been looking for software to convert to something i can edit in Sony Vegas. I have been using MC-TVConverter to convert to MPEG2 but it makes GIGANTIC files: 6gb-20gb and when I play them back, the sound is warbling

Anyone out there who give me a hand with this / point me in the right direction?

Cheers
Old 04-27-12, 10:27 AM   #2
No kitty! bad kitty!!!

WTV....that would be windows media center recordings?

Question is what kind of editing you want to do?

Microsoft surly has some app for play with their own format...

I dont really know, never have seen wtv files or worked with.
Mbbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-12, 11:19 AM   #3
Novice

Yes, Media Center recordings...or Windows TV recordings.

I have many recordings of Match Of The Day, I like to watch the highlights of my team from time to time, but each recording for the whole program is 6gb+

I'd just like to extract the highlights and delete the rest.

Windows Movie Maker doesn't recognise wtv's.
scoutfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-12, 11:46 AM   #4
Novice

Aha, the latest version of VideoReDo allows you to save as an edited WTV ....pity the editing part of it is a load of rubbish :(
Old 04-27-12, 01:43 PM   #5
Novice
Bigasoft WTV Converter seems to do what you need, convert WTV files as long as they're not protected. Once you've converted and edited you should be able to convert back to .wtv for storage.
l1qu1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-12, 01:46 PM   #6
Illuminati Member

Quote: Originally Posted by scoutfu View Post
Aha, the latest version of VideoReDo allows you to save as an edited WTV ....pity the editing part of it is a load of rubbish :(
I love VideRedo. For taking out commercials stuff at beginning and end this puppy is simplicity at its finest. Too bad the old hacking days of Dish and direct are dead. Anyway why use something that is huge in size and gives you 100's of features you don't need? If your just trimming the fat out VideoRedo is great.
dormin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-12, 05:19 PM   #7
Novice

Quote: Originally Posted by l1qu1d View Post
Bigasoft WTV Converter seems to do what you need, convert WTV files as long as they're not protected. Once you've converted and edited you should be able to convert back to .wtv for storage.
Yeah I tried that, but it had limited options and with the trial version you can only output 5 minutes of video, the resolution was limited to 720p and there was no option to keep the res as is.

Quote: Originally Posted by dormin View Post
I love VideRedo. For taking out commercials stuff at beginning and end this puppy is simplicity at its finest. Too bad the old hacking days of Dish and direct are dead. Anyway why use something that is huge in size and gives you 100's of features you don't need? If your just trimming the fat out VideoRedo is great.
I'm getting the hang of the editing a bit more now, much prefer being able to keep them as WTV's, keeps the quality and just removes what you don't want. I was considering buying it until i saw it was $100
Old 04-27-12, 06:00 PM   #8
Expert

I second "VideoReDo TVSuite H.264." I've been using it with my Hauppauge HDPVR for several years (it can use Windows Media Center for capture and produce WTV files) and am totally impressed with the results. It's roughly US$100 to buy, but it is truthfully the best piece of software I've used and I have no regrets about spending that amount.

OT: The only issue I've had is when I switched from "Haali Media Splitter" to "AV Splitter" on my system and post-processing the edited files. IMHO there is some issue with AVISynth and AV Splitter. Technically I can't tell you what the problem is, but don't switch. Keep Haali.
mail2tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-12, 07:24 PM   #9
Apprentice
hmmm i never worked wtv. have you tried winavi. convert to dvd. then dvdshrink to edit precisely how you want and save as iso or vob. maybe drdivx its old but it might get you what you want. superc is another free one it might be fun to play with. make a small wtv recording and use it to test these with. have fun!
bogus109695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 12:48 AM   #10
Newcomer
I use iDealshare VideoGo to convert WTV to MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, MPG, VOB, MKV and etc.

It also has advanced video editing function like trim, crop, merge, rotate, subtitle, watermark and etc.

It also helps convert video to WTV.

It has both Windows and Mac version.
marialandoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 01:31 AM   #11
Expert

I go third on VideoRedo TVSuite H.264, i have been using that one for years for editing and converting all the SDTV and HDTV recordings i do.
But when converting, i do suggest to use Force Recoding, 2 times encoding and Smart as deinterlacing method, because thats where the deinterlacing works at its best with 1080i recordings.
Redzamboni is offline   Reply With Quote