Old 09-10-08, 02:26 PM   #1
Newcomer
Default Error msg

Hi, I wonder if someone here might know what program might be calling aslo.dll? I'm just installing software on a new computer and I'm getting an error saying "Can't load also.dll". I've done a search of the internet for that dll but nothing turned up. Any ideas?

AnophelesOz
Old 09-10-08, 08:29 PM   #2
Apprentice
Default Re: Error msg

If that .dll file is nothing but useless and does not hamper your computer running programs, then turn it off. Try running your softwares installed to see whether any of them malfunctions.

May I ask, does this error message pop up everytime you startup? Because if not, then you must have to be trying to use a program that needs that file but is lacking it.

If this message pops up when starting up your PC and you have run a test of your own by running your softwares, including your latest installed one and found that nothing is wrong, then try to disable it by
Start>Run>type "msconfig" without the "s>click on "startup" tab>look thorugh the directory for your 'also.dll' file and uncheck it.>click ok and your PC will prompt you to restart>restart and after your computer boots back to windows, a window will popup with a box for you to check it.>check that box and click ok if you don't want to see that window popping up everytime you startup.
If it is not during startup that this error pops up, then it most probably is your software being a corrupt version. Try getting a better version then if that is the case. Googling for little known dll files hardly help because most of the sites that provide dll files accessible by Googling provide Microsoft default dll files.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by LinBehKaLuGong; 09-10-08 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Additional info.
LinBehKaLuGong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-08, 03:36 AM   #3
Newcomer

I appreciate your input, LinBehKaLuGong. Yes, it seems to be a startup condition. I'll try your suggestions and see if I can kill it. Thank you again.

AnophelesOz
anophelesoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-08, 07:38 AM   #4
Apprentice

Do update me on your situation then.
Old 09-11-08, 02:05 PM   #5
Newcomer

Sure will. Give me a couple of days. Life intrudes.
Old 09-14-08, 04:57 PM   #6
Newcomer

Well, I idn't find that dll so I went the route of starting again by installing Windows. By monitoring each install, I found that the culprit was one of the Asus mobo programs for the hard disk. By not including that, all is progressing without error msgs. Thanks for your help.
Old 09-15-08, 12:53 AM   #7
Apprentice

Haha, its ok. Maybe it is a partitioning thing I guess. Have a nice day.