> >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-12, 02:20 PM   #1
Elder

Default Laptop as wifi hotspot with 3g dongle?

Hey guys,

I will be on the move for a week and wont have access to any router and will be carrying the dongle with me only..
Now I use whatsapp and other messengers on my ipod a lot.. so I need to stay in touch whenever I use my laptop..

So is there anyway I can create a wifi hotspot on my laptop through the dongle? I searched the net a month back and tried to connect.. I was successful in getting the network I created to show on my device.. but it wouldn't work..

So anyone done this before or have any ideas?
I am on windows7

Thanks..

Old 04-08-12, 02:42 PM   #2
Newcomer
The blackberry desktop manager allows tethering, I'm not exactly sure what desktop program does for apple products; try searching for a tethering program.
Partyhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-12, 02:49 PM   #3
Newcomer

Default Try this

Try
http://www.connectify.me/
it worked for me a while back, it uses the native functionality of windows 7 to create the Hotspot but with nice GUI. FYI some older network cards don't support creating an Hotspot.

Be sure to remove [URL] tags from links. They make links live (clickable) even inside [CODE] tags. -PopSmith

Last edited by PopSmith; 04-08-12 at 06:13 PM.
rnevet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-12, 02:54 PM   #4
Newcomer
What rnevet suggested is a brilliant program! I used to share my dongle a while back with the rest of the house so more than one person could use it :p
xTG_IrOnZzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-12, 02:58 PM   #5
Elder

Thanks.. Am gonna try that in the morning.. found pro version here.. :D

And Rnevet you need to code you links..

rockyrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-12, 03:23 AM   #6
ℝα√їᾔℊ ☩ ℳαḓ

I don't know anything about this kind of stuff but I saw this..
Not sure if it is what you need.

Quote:
You first need to get the computer and the iPod connecting to each other in an ad-hoc Wi-Fi network.

Creating ad-hoc wireless connections:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/dd296746.aspx
http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/create-a-quick-ad-hoc-wireless-network-connection-between-two-computers-in-windows-vista/
Quote:
Once you've got the two devices connected together, you need to enable "Internet Connection Sharing" (ICS) on the computer with the internet stick.

First, get your internet stick up and running as normal.

Then on the computer, go to the Network Connections folder (not Network Places) and right click on the WiFi connection that's linking the computer to the iPod.

Choose "Properties".

Go to the "Sharing" tab.

Tick the "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection" box.

For the "Home networking connection" option, choose the connection that refers to your internet stick.

Press OK.
Sorry I can't help more but hope you get it sorted.
neophyte666 is offline   Reply With Quote