> >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-12, 09:55 PM   #1
Master

Default PS3 Going online with mobile broadband but no PC

Hi
I wanted to play games online using my PS3 but without a PC. I have a mobile broadband dongle and a spare router if needed.

I wanted to play my PS3 on my breaks at work. I wouldn't be able to access their network and I wouldn't have a PC. I have a mobile broadband dongle though and a spare router and ethernet cable.

Does anyone know whether its possible to do this please?

Thanks
Old 02-22-12, 10:10 PM   #2
Autobot Supreme Commander

Without a PC or laptop, it certainly wouldn't be easy. You could always use your phone as a wi-fi hotspot and connect to it through your PS3. Connection latency and speed will probably be dire though

Unless of course you have a 3G or HSPA router? Or possible with a lot of work a router with a USB connection using dd-wrt and possibly installing drivers.

Last edited by Omega_Prime; 02-22-12 at 10:12 PM.
Omega_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-12, 12:47 AM   #3
Expert

As mentioned it is possible to do it, Dragonduster if you have nothing useful to contribute to the question being asked then avoid posting next time. Hate to burst the bubble but macs do have games and they certainly are a viable gaming platform, end of discussion.
NetherWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-12, 08:51 PM   #4
Apprentice
Quote: Originally Posted by NetherWind View Post
As mentioned it is possible to do it, Dragonduster if you have nothing useful to contribute to the question being asked then avoid posting next time. Hate to burst the bubble but macs do have games and they certainly are a viable gaming platform, end of discussion.
So much so that you can`t name a decent Mac only game...

For the thread like everyone said above it is possible but quite unpractical since it would be unstable.
Crymzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-12, 10:09 PM   #5
Bad command or file name

Quote: Originally Posted by Crymzon View Post
So much so that you can`t name a decent Mac only game...

For the thread like everyone said above it is possible but quite unpractical since it would be unstable.
I'm no mac fan, but I'll just point out that they don't need exclusives to be viable, just a suitably large library of cross-platform games.
Noledox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-12, 11:17 AM   #6
Master

Yes I have been doing a bit of research and the way to go is either MI-FI or a 3G router. I am leaning towards a 3G router as I'm presuming it would be quicker as I coulod run an ethernet cable straight from the router to the PS3.

Thanks for all your comments.
janner66 is offline   Reply With Quote