> >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-12, 04:06 PM   #1
Expert
Default Torrenting using Hotspot Shield VPN?

I have used the search function, but to no avail.

Ever since a large portion of the file sharing sites have taken a blow, I guess I'm going to have to turn back to torrenting to acquire my music since most links these days are dead or invalid.

I'm currently using the Hotspot Shield VPN for free but everytime I try to activate a torrent in utorrent or Opera, it doesn't start. Without the VPN enabled, I can torrent just fine, but I don't want to take the risk as I have been caught before (with software, not music).

My guess is that the VPN is blocking P2P services. Has anyone found a way to torrent using this VPN?

If not, can anyone recommend me a VPN (preferably free) that I can P2P with.

Any relevant input would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Goliath77; 02-26-12 at 04:18 PM.
Old 02-26-12, 05:24 PM   #2
Novice
http://tehparadox.com/forum/f62/how-use-jdownloader-dl-full-mp3s-grooveshark-com-free-3173386/
you could try this from another thread, works like a charm
jcraigt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-12, 06:52 PM   #3
Expert
Quote: Originally Posted by jcraigt View Post
http://tehparadox.com/forum/f62/how-use-jdownloader-dl-full-mp3s-grooveshark-com-free-3173386/
you could try this from another thread, works like a charm
hm, interesting. Funny thing is I just uninstalled Jdownloader xD Will definitely check this out.

EDIT: Hmm, after reading it says music is between 128-256, but I usually only go for 256-320. Plus, they don't even have the album I'm looking for (Darkest Hour - The Human Romance). Guess I'll check it out if I'm looking for rap or something lol.

Last edited by Goliath77; 02-26-12 at 08:29 PM.
Goliath77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-12, 09:55 PM   #4
Newcomer
VPNs may have some limitations, especially free services, I use SSH tunneling with PirateRay encrypted connection, works good so far.

A user can select either a specific server or set the settings to enable the random selection of the servers whenever the application starts.

After that, all the data that the user receives or transmits is encrypted.

All operations involving the torrent network will take place by using an IP address of a server that is located at the other end of the world. Logging on does not happen on the same servers, so the user can be assured of his security and anonymity.
alex38 is offline   Reply With Quote