> > >

Old 07-13-11, 02:04 PM  
Newcomer
Default Harmy's STAR WARS Despecialized Edition-HD Theatrical Version v2.5 MKV and RESPECIALIZED EDITION '97 version

HARMY PROUDLY PRESENTS

STAR WARS - DESPECIALIZED EDITION

This is a fan preservation made for culturally historical and educational purposes.
Fanedits and preservations must not be bought or sold.
Please report every fanedit or preservation you find for sale to webmasters of originaltrilogy.com.
Fanedits and preservations are an artform and to be shared among legal owners of the officially available releases only.
Do not support piracy.

VERSION v2.5 MKV NFO:

Download ULOZ.TO:

PASS: harmy

V2.5 AVCHD NFO:

Download:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to burn the AVCHD:

Printable covers and disc labels made for the Despecialized set by Harmy can be found here:

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK v1.0 (the most current version so far)

Here are links to a workprint of v2.0 of The Empire Strikes Back:
It is a 5GB MKV version with a timecode and only one audio track (5.1) and it is supposed to serve for checking for mistakes. If you find any, please report them here:

Links:

RETURN OF THE JEDI v1.0 (the most current version so far)

HARMY PROUDLY PRESENTS

STAR WARS - RESPECIALIZED EDITION '97

This is a reconstruction of the 1997 Special Edition version of STAR WARS. This is a little side project to the Despecialized Edition - it uses

the Despecialized Edition v2.5 master as its main video source and puts the changes made in 1997 back in, mostly using the Blu-Ray version and in

case of 1997 changes, which were redone in later versions, this version combines the BD footage with Team Blu's (Dark Jedi and You_Too) 1997

version. The colour correction is still based on a fade free 1977 I.B. Technicolor Print, just as the 1997 version supoposedly was. The forced

subtitles in the Greedo scene were left the same as in v2.5 and the subtitles in the Jabba scene (along with the rest of the 1997 elements of the

footage were used from the Team Blu version).

VIDEO SOURCES:

1) STAR WARS Despecialized Edition v2.5

2) STAR WARS Episode IV A New Hope Official Blu-Ray 2011 (Preliminary colour correction by You_Too)

3) Star.Wars.Episode.IV.A.New.Hope.1977.720p.HDTV.x26 4-DON (2004 DVD Version)

4) STAR WARS 2006 Bonus DVD (sourced from the 1993 Definitive Edition Laser Disc Master - upscales by Dark Jedi, You_Too and Harmy)

5) STAR WARS 1997 Special Edition (Reivax DTV capture)

6) STAR WARS 1997 Special Edition (Team Blu version)

7) Custom mattes, film-cell scans etc.

8) Puggo Grande (1977 16mm print transfer)

MKV Version

Technical Specifications:

FORMAT: MKV

SIZE: 10.7GB

VIDEO: 1280x540p H264 23.976 fps

AUDIO: 1)English 5.1 1997 Theatrical DTS (DTS-HD) (by Jetrell Fo & CapableMetal & Dark_Jedi)
2)English 5.1 1997 Laserdisc Dolby Digital (AC3) (by Schorman13)
3)English 2.0 1997 Laserdisc LPCM (Flac) (by Schorman13)

DOWNLOAD:

(PASS: harmy)

AVCHD Version:

Technical Specifications:

FORMAT: AVCHD DISC (ISO)

SIZE: 7.2GB (DVD9)

VIDEO: 1280x720p H264 23.976 fps

AUDIO: English 5.1 Dolby Digital (by Schorman13)

DOWNLOAD:

(PASS: harmy)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ISO image can be burned to a DVD-DL and should work in most Blu-Ray players.

To burn, you can use image burn following thse instructions:

Last edited by Jipp; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-19-11, 03:09 AM  
Newcomer

Can someone please re-up part 3 or tell me where to get it? The link provided is not working.

Thanks
Old 07-19-11, 05:28 AM  
Newcomer
Quote: Originally Posted by zipdaman12 View Post
Can someone please re-up part 3 or tell me where to get it? The link provided is not working.

Thanks
I just checked it and it worked for me. Give it another shot!

Great restoration, by the way. This is the only version of STAR WARS I'll be watching until they give the original theatrical version a proper official release.
Old 07-20-11, 04:40 PM  
Newcomer
Why did you use...ulozto.net??...never heard of it and the download speed will take forever for it to finish??
Old 07-20-11, 04:58 PM  
Newcomer
Because the upload speed took an hour to finish and because you can upload 2GB parts.
Old 07-21-11, 05:10 AM  
Novice
My thanks to the original poster... but can someone please upload these files to a normal, reliable hoster? I can't connect at all - my jDownloader just tries many captchas, but nothing happens... this is very frustrating...
Old 07-21-11, 05:24 AM  
Newcomer
Nice upload but OMG that host is terrible.

downloading @ 40-100 KiB/s

Anyone could upload this to fileserve, filesonic, rapidshare or megaupload would be godlike in my book :)

PS- host works fine in jDownloader. Problem is on your end buddy.
Old 07-21-11, 06:37 AM  
Newcomer
That's weird, I always DL at like 300Kbps from there and there's no waiting period between files, so it goes relatively fast (faster than the likes of fileserve)...

The thing is, I'm working on v1.2, so I'm definitely not reuploading this version anywhere, if anyone else wants to, they are of course welcome to.

It's also available as a torrent from MySpleen.org
Old 07-21-11, 06:56 AM  
Newcomer
Interesting. Are you the creator of this edition?

Would be interested in v1.2 :D
Total sucker for these fan edits. Love Adywans work. :)

I guess download rates is different based on location. I download with 400 KiB/s from fileserve free user. Megaupload is kinda nice as free user too. How does that work on your end?
Old 07-21-11, 07:26 AM  
Newcomer
Yeah, I am. I'm working on Jedi now and when the first workprint is done and out for testing, I want to go back to SW and fix a few minor glitches that people found.

This project isn't truly a fanedit, it's more of a restoration. I'm not making new creative choices, I'm just returning the films to their original state before they were butchered by Mr. Lucas, in the best possible picture quality.

Yeah MU works really nicely most of the time for free users but then sometimes the files just appear off-line for a period of time.
Old 07-21-11, 09:39 AM  
Novice
Jipp, thanks for your work...I would so like to download this, but ulozto is way too slow for me, 11 hours it says for a 5 GB-file, and then it asks captchas for every file and part 2 seems down.

Please, when you're ready with v.1.2, upload it on megaupload or netload, or better yet on both and on fileserve to make everyone happy.

If you just want to use one hoster, then upload it on megaupload (or fileserve or netload).

Last edited by NewSpock; 07-21-11 at 09:43 AM.
Old 07-21-11, 03:20 PM  
Newcomer
Hehe, 11hrs is slow (well I kinda agree but it wouldn't discourage me from getting something I wanted) - when I first downloaded STAR WARS in HD from torrent back in 07 or 08, it took me a month per film
Old 07-21-11, 03:29 PM  
Newcomer
lol a month!? Talk about dedication :D

Restorations are also pretty cool. The special editions are just terrible. I guess I like a few of the changes but.. nah it's just not the same. Looking forward to watch your work.

Can't wait for the bluray release tho. I bet George Lucas feels the presure from the fans. I hope we don't get a confirmation that he's just doing it for the cash.
Old 07-21-11, 04:03 PM  
Newcomer
Somehow, I'm ready to bet that we will. I'm quite persuaded, that we will just get the 2004DVDs in 1080p.