> > >

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 04-01-09, 05:11 PM   #127
Newcomer
Default Re: Make MKV (and/or AVI) out of Blu-ray/HDDVD ISO image or ANY BD/HDDVD ripped to HD

Hey duders,

I don't know if this is the right thread, so I give it a shot. I just have a one little question, and I just can't seem to find the answer anywhere; is there any way, a software to reduce the bitrate (therefor the size as well) of a mkv (if it can do other formats as mpeg, mp4 as well, that would be cool, but not necessary) movie, let's say from, like 6500 to 2000-3000 kpbs???

I have some movies which are over 4000 to 6500 kpbs, and they are stuttering, while the ones around 2000-3000 range flow as butter without a single frame drop whatsoever. So, becaue I have a laptop that isn't powerful enough to handle these movies, I'd like to reduce the movies I have.

If you have a solution/suggestion, I would be very glad to hear it. Just reducing the bitrate is enough, that's vitually all I'm looking for, nothing else.

Thanks in advance, and keep the good work.

Last edited by Yenici; 04-01-09 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-02-09, 10:19 AM   #128
Global Moderator

Default Re: Make MKV (and/or AVI) out of Blu-ray/HDDVD ISO image or ANY BD/HDDVD ripped to HD

Quote: Originally Posted by Yenici View Post
Hey duders,

I don't know if this is the right thread, so I give it a shot. I just have a one little question, and I just can't seem to find the answer anywhere; is there any way, a software to reduce the bitrate (therefor the size as well) of a mkv (if it can do other formats as mpeg, mp4 as well, that would be cool, but not necessary) movie, let's say from, like 6500 to 2000-3000 kpbs???

I have some movies which are over 4000 to 6500 kpbs, and they are stuttering, while the ones around 2000-3000 range flow as butter without a single frame drop whatsoever. So, becaue I have a laptop that isn't powerful enough to handle these movies, I'd like to reduce the movies I have.

If you have a solution/suggestion, I would be very glad to hear it. Just reducing the bitrate is enough, that's vitually all I'm looking for, nothing else.

Thanks in advance, and keep the good work.
This process you're talking about is called re-encoding and the answer was right in front of your eyes, in the other stickied thread, as well as in countless other threads in the Helpdesk section.
Old 04-04-09, 01:00 PM   #129
Global Moderator

Quote: Originally Posted by tamthaitu View Post
wat about blu-ray decrypter? can sum1 recommend me a free one? (beside any-dvd or fab-dvd) thanks......
for those who get the error msg like: cant detect stream type etc.... from tsmuxer........u need to decrypt the disc b4 using tsmuxer.....
First of all, this is NOT the Requests section! However, to answer you question, there's no better software than AnyDVD HD. All the rest are just a bunch of crap when compared to it. Period.
Secondly, it's needless to say that you just can't do much when video is protected.
Old 04-05-09, 09:20 PM   #130
Apprentice

Thanks a lot, I successfully converted my first BluRay (VC-1) to mkv, it was simplier than I thought thanks to your guide. The size was reduced by 1/2 because there were a lot of additional languages and extras.

Last edited by Leiw; 04-05-09 at 09:23 PM.
Old 04-07-09, 02:09 AM   #131
Newcomer

First I want to thank you for this very helpful walkthrough. I have searched and can't find an answer to this question, forgive me, this is my first crack at this.

I'm burning the Godfather blu-ray and I keep running into this problem with tsmuxergui v. 1.8.8

This is the error message I receive at 99.3% when demuxing

Quote: Originally Posted by Leiw View Post
Reading buffer overflow. Possible container streams are not syncronized. Please, verify stream fps. File name: G:\BluRay\GF.m2ts
Here is the output, if it helps

Quote: Originally Posted by Leiw View Post
SmartLabs tsMuxeR. Version 1.8.8(b) http://www.smlabs.net
Decoding H264 stream (track 1): Profile: High@4.1 Resolution: 1920:1080p Frame rate: 23.976
H.264 muxing fps not set. Get fps from stream.
Decoding TRUE-HD stream (track 2): Bitrate: 640Kbps AC3 core + HD data. Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 6
Decoding AC3 stream (track 3): Bitrate: 192Kbps Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 2
Decoding AC3 stream (track 4): Bitrate: 640Kbps Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 6
Decoding AC3 stream (track 5): Bitrate: 640Kbps Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 6
Decoding AC3 stream (track 6): Bitrate: 192Kbps Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 2
TRUE-HD bad frame detected. Resync stream.
Decoding TRUE-HD stream (track 2): Bitrate: 640Kbps AC3 core + HD data. Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 6
TRUE-HD bad frame detected. Resync stream.
I would really appreciate any help you guys can give me, let me know if there's any more info you need.
Old 04-07-09, 12:06 PM   #132
Global Moderator

I suggest you to use "eac3to" for demuxing. Search by typing app's name in the Helpdesk for more help.
Old 04-08-09, 02:23 AM   #133
Newcomer

Thanks so much, great tute.
Old 04-14-09, 01:35 PM   #134
Newcomer

As I know about TsMuxer, DTS-MA (DTS Master) is not a supported codec, how can I demux this codec (DTS-MA)?
Old 04-14-09, 01:36 PM   #135
Global Moderator

Quote: Originally Posted by Grecom View Post
As I know about TsMuxer, DTS-MA (DTS Master) is not a supported codec, how can I demux this codec (DTS-MA)?
Post #142 in this page!
Old 04-14-09, 01:51 PM   #136
Newcomer

Quote: Originally Posted by tpAVm View Post
Post #142 in this page!
Found out another way easier., but thanks I really appreciate that!!!
Old 04-14-09, 02:42 PM   #137
Global Moderator

Quote: Originally Posted by Grecom View Post
Found out another way easier., but thanks I really appreciate that!!!
You're welcome.
Glad you made it.
Old 04-17-09, 04:27 PM   #138
Master

thx man nicely done
Old 04-27-09, 09:26 AM   #139
Newcomer

Thank you for a lot...
Old 05-03-09, 07:30 AM   #140
Newcomer

Hey, thanks for the info but I am stuck.
In Isobuster I extract the file to my hard drive and nothing happens it just shows a window of saving it then it the window closes right after that.

Closed Thread